Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Seychelles and Somaliland Presidents Sign Bilateral Agreement on Piracy

Seychelles President James Michel and President Ahmed Mohamed Silanyo of the Republic of Somaliland have discussed the transfer of convicted Somali pirates currently in prison in Seychelles, to Somaliland to service their sentences.

The two leaders signed a joint statement to recognize their joint concern about the serious impact piracy has on the region and on international security, and agreed that it is vital to ensure pirates are brought to justice.

President Silanyo confirmed that both the Council of Ministers and Somaliland Parliament had now approved and passed the piracy and prisoner transfer legislation to allow the transfer of convicted pirates.

“This commitment between the Seychelles and Somaliland represents an important step forward in the development of a sustainable regional justice mechanism, that will see suspected pirates apprehended by naval forces at sea, prosecuted by regional states, and if convicted, imprisoned in the region”, said the statement from the two leaders.

SOURCE

Somalia   

I'm going to be bold here and ask an interesting question.

Where is the achievement here? Did I miss something? :confused:

Somalia   

Jacaylbaro;794900 wrote:
don't worry about that coz you will never realize even if you see it.

Yeah, I am I sorry if I do not realise how taking in convicted criminals is a success?