Sign in to follow this  
Oodweyne

The London Conference And the Murky Remains of the day.

Oodweyne   

Originally posted by Mario B

Oodweyne, I think you need to watch this video...it will take away a lot of your presumptions and assumptions.

P.s
Nobody is going to force Somalia Gov to part with it's territory
[and if you think SL is South Sudan then you are misreading history] , and in this is where Somalia trumps "SL". This idea of an "equal footing" is just pie in the sky. The world knows who is asking and who's been asked.

And, I have little news for you, dear lad. But, make sure you keep it close to your chest. And, that is, no body, and, I mean, no body on this earth, can force Somaliland to be part of what it doesn't want it. Hence, yours is as much hot-air to me as mine is to you...

Now, you see, lad, how that is essentially the making of a stale-mate that we will be forever be party to it; unless those powers-that-be, agrees with me, that I am entitled to have my country under the sun... :D

In short, here is my position: It's either my way, or it's the high way..

And, if you failed to accept that, then, all one can say to you, is that perhaps, you need to get yourself a real army (not the African mercenaries ones that are now protecting your sorry existence). And, then, we shall gladly start the "second round" of our long war that was, briefly, stopped back in 1991, due to you being a excusing yourself from the fight.. :D

Got it now, dear lad?

Gabbal,

I must be suffering from an intoxicating form of delusion I hear you say. Well, if that is the case, then, one can say, that, it must be something similar to the sort you were lamentably suffering under it when you thought that Warlord Hiiraale have had a what could passably be made akin to a "God-like traits", indeed... :D

Hence, perhaps, to put it charitably, it takes one to know one. Hence one ought not to hold it against you in here; if for some reason you have decided to "Tele-Diagnosed" me, free of charge, no less, at this distance in here London from your good offices in Seattle, indeed.. :D

But, on a serious point, one couldn't disagree with you further, my friend. Given, the world (at least as London Conference have had it) are really at best indifferent as to whether Somali republic remains as one or break-up as two; so long as they are not asked to carry the burden in here.

Hence, they may wish (as Hilary have said it) that the Somali problem should be resolved around the "metric of regional federalism". But, that presuppose the political assumption that suggest that every Somali group would want that. Consequently, it's also the case that, if there is a no agreement on that front, then, some of them are ready to burst out of the room, lest they be asked to resolved this problem themselves.

And, it's this second category I put Hilary and Obama's administration in general. What that means, is that, to us in Somaliland, there is no force to coerce us back to join Somalia, which is likely to be forthcoming from those powers-that-be (for we as Somalis as whole are not that important to them). Hence, when, all said and done, the worst outcome for Somaliland will be for the rest of the world to keep telling us for another 20 years to resolved our differences but without them lifting a finger to put to the scale in favor for one group against the other.

And, the reason, they are likely to do that, if all else fails is that, they know Somalis are unlikely to take a dictation that easily. Hence, the up-shot of it, is that the TFG will most likely propose a federal system to us in Somaliland. And, we in turn in Somaliland, are likely to reject that out of hand. And, the therefore, the west, as usual, will keep making one sort of exhortation and plea for us as Somalis to resolved our difference, after another; and still it will be no dice and the stalemate will continue, indeed.

Particularly, that would be, since, our position is unlikely to be bridged indeed, And, to be honest with you that is to me far more preferable condition to live under it than the alternative of being a citizen of a some sort of a miserable federal system with those I have no wish to share a state with, indeed, in the first place.

But, we shall see...

Oodweyne   

Originally posted by Mr. Nassir

Gabbal, It was actually Omar Guelleh of Djibouti who made the proposition that Somaliland like Puntland should sit down with the TFG or post-transitional government in order to sort out their future relationship. Guelleh's recommendation became part of the final communique of the conference.

Not true. For, Mr. I. O. Guelleh of Djibouti (at least through his UK's ambassador) have asked that the communique to say the territorial integrity of Somali Republic was sacrosanct and Somaliland is parcel and part of Somalia. But, the Brits, with the help of some other nation refused that, knowing perfect well, that president Silanyo will unlike signed that. Hence, the vague wording of the "Point Six" that is decidedly open to a multiple interpretation. Hence, gets your fact straight, my friend.

Oodweyne but i think even when it comes to talks between Somaliland and Somalia in the near future i think the first attempt will most likely fail and the status quo will most definitely continue.It also depends who leads Somalia and how their political status will be if they exercise control of their claimed territory Somalia and also where the talks take place and how the international community mediates between the two nations.

Oodweyne   

^^XX,

The talks are for formality sake. For, everyone knows, the two side can't agree on the fundamental position of the day. Hence, it will be a few round of fruitless talk for the camera; and, then, we will either move the ball from that, in the sense of those who insisted that we should talk will rolled up their sleeves in here and get stuck in.

Or failing that, then, we are likely to be heading into a some sort of a permanent cold-war laced with a political competition against one another, for another generation, just like the last 20 odd years.

Hence, to me, either way is really fine. For, we in Somaliland, have our land under our controls; and if the worse we are likely to be confronted with in here is just to be another unrecognized state, then, there is far worse fate for one to fear than that one, indeed.

Gabbal   

Oodweyne-

I could be forgiven for detecting a far more mature understanding of your situation as opposed to the time you went around hinting of assumptions derived from what you believed were "bilateral" negotiations between Somaliland and unnamed countries. As I remember you fancied these "negotiations" would result in a unilateral affirmation of your secessionist ambitions in complete disregard of international consensus. You may not realize it but you are actually viewing your situation from a certain-right perspective now rather than a far right position which was at the nexus of your political calibrations. That is a sign of a marked political maturity on your part; in a sense I should congratulate you.

Still, I am not a party to the rationale of your statement there. Somalia may not be at the top of the pyramid in so far as the pressing weight of international interest is concerned, but it would be a devolved calibration to say Somalia has not been undergoing an elevated rank. Many analysts both here and elsewhere have touched on the facts behind the reformalization of Western and international policy towards Somalia from one of containment to one of creative regional and international interaction. Chief among those as expressed by policy makers, have, of course, been piracy, the famine and dire humanitarian situation, and especially the security threat. It would be remiss of you to separate these factors from the total sum of the rationale behind your own ability to be noticed, however moderately. In essence, you may have transformed to a more mature center-right position as far as your hope in the unseen cause of dividing Somalia is concerned, but you are far from reaching a moderate and pragmatic ability to juxtapose the situational and policy differences that makes it impossible for your faction to be successful in its political aims.

The world is not totally uncaring of Somalia anymore. The price of that has been over a billion dollars to tackle a new Somali famine, 7 billion dollars loss in international trade from Somali piracy, and the security nightmare from a Somali terror group. The policy of local containment has not only failed but has had far reaching negative consequences. Bureaucrats in the defense and foreign ministry departments of Western and international capitals are not totally immune to the ills and threats from that part of the world anymore. The signs are everywhere. If your expressed political hope. although certainly not as grandiose as before, now lies in the formula of the containment era, I must say you have an equally disappointing time ahead of you and will wait to chance the possibility of you maturing even further as far as your ability to pragmatically interpret the political cards of the Somalia quagmire is concerned.

Mario B   

Oodweyne;794917 wrote:
^^
XX

The talks are for formality sake. For, everyone knows, the two side can't agree on the fundamental position of the day. Hence, it will be a few round of fruitless talk for the camera; and, then, we will either move the ball from that, in the sense of those who insisted that we should talk will rolled up their sleeves in here and get stuck in.

Or failing that, then, we are likely to be heading into a some sort of a permanent cold-war laced with a political competition against one another, for another generation, just like the last 20 odd years.

Hence, to me, either way is really fine. For, we in Somaliland, have our land under our controls; and if the worse we are likely to be confronted with in here is just to be another unrecognized state, then, there is far worse fate for one to fear than that one, indeed.

So point 6 on the "communique" was just a polite gesture to the "enclave crew" telling them where their fate lies >>> @ Villa Somalia. :cool:

Mario B   

burahadeer;795030 wrote:
talk is cheap,keep scoring points my somalia brothers!

Freedom, it's good to talk. :D

P.s It's Somali brother, not Somalia brother.

Fanisha   

Oodweyne;794398 wrote:
Hello Folks

I am sure many of you may have been wondering as to were our friend Oodweyne have been ever since that London Conference took place. As well as whether I am of the opinion, that it was unparalleled triumph for Somaliland; or whether I was inclined to viewed it as a unmitigated debacle, on the other hand, indeed.

However, much I am inclined to let it rip in here; I should observe that old dictum, that:
"discretion is a better part of valor"
in here (or words to that effect in here).

Hence, since, my
"Tolka"
in here, particularly, the likes of of
Mintid
Ngonge
Norf
JB
Stoic
XX
Suldaan
, and last but not least,
Hermet
, are of the opinion, that Conference in London, was a good day work for Somaliland, I in turn, shall assent to that
"majority view"

Least of all, that is minimum in which our cultural heritage back in the
"Hawd"
of Somaliland and the communal
"gar"
under some sort of a
"acacia tree"
would of demand of me.

In the sense of recalling that:
"Mar Haddii Tolkaa Go-aan Gaadho; Ama waa laga aamusaa; Ama waa lagu raacaa"
:D

And, with that, lets say, as my colleague have hold in here, that conference was
"gold-plated-success"
for Somaliland, indeed...
:D

LOL. The London conference was a complete and utter disaster for the OneClanland (a.k.a Somaliland) no matter what you tell yourselves. Here's one of your own really telling it like it is because you people don't know how to tell the truth.

http://sunatimes.com/playaudio.php?id=546 (Link doesn't work with Firefox. Use IE or Chrome)

Awdal State baa musbaar dhakada "nash" inagaga siin. Waan tashany anagu balo haf iyo go' ini siisaye.