Muhammad   

1_1.gif

103_1.gif

103_2.gif

103_3.gif

103:1 By (the Token of) Time (through the ages),

103:2 Verily Man is in loss,

103:3 Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds,

and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy.

audioanim.gif

Asalamu calaykum

Fundamental Points Regarding Surah Al-‘Asr:

1. The first point is that this is one of the earliest surahs of the Glorious Qur’an to be revealed. It was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) in the earliest period of his prophethood in Makkah.

2. The second point is that it is one of the shortest surahs of the Glorious Qur’an as it has only three verses, the first of which is comprised of only one word “Wal-Asrâ€.

3. The third point is that it is one of the most comprehensive surahs of the Glorious Qur’an. The Holy Qur’an is a book of guidance for all mankind, which has been revealed to guide mankind on the road to success and salvation. This path of salvation towards which the Holy Qur’an guides us has been described with utmost brevity and comprehensiveness in this short surah.

The whole Glorious Qur’an is like a tree, and this short surah is its seed. And as a seed contains the total potentiality of a whole tree, Surah Al-Asr contains the essence of the Holy Qur’an. This is why some reports of the Companions of the Holy Prophet (may Allah be pleased with them) indicate that whenever two of them met and sat together they never parted without reciting Surah Al-Asr to each other.

And this can be the reason why Imam Al-Shafeii (may Allah bless him) has said about this surah that if the people were to ponder over this surah alone, it would suffice for their guidance. He has also been reported as saying that if nothing else would have been revealed in this Glorious Qur’an except this surah then this surah would have been sufficient for man’s guidance.

4. The fourth point is that the wording of this surah is very simple and easy to understand. The masterpieces of literature of every language are sublime in subject matter and meaning but so simple in style and wording that they can be understood by all. This is why such pieces of liter­ature are easily accessible to everyone. The Glorious Qur’an is the most eminent masterpiece of Arabic literature and in its totality can be understood easily. But this short surah is the best example of the most lucid surahs of the Holy Qur’an. Though it is very complete and all-embracing, not a single high-sounding or elusive word has been used in it. Its words are familiar even to those who are only acquainted with Urdu or Persian, and do not know Arabic.

Khayr   

103:3 Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds,

and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy.

This destroys the Premise of Evolution

that Man is ever EVOLVING.

Rather, as time passes...

MAN DEVOLVES....MAN DECLINES...

A formula for SALVATION

• HAVING FAITH
Faith in what? In what Allah has revealed,

in the 6 pillars of Iman (Belief in Allah, His Angels, His Messengers, His Books, The Day of Judgement and Allah's Will (The Good and the Bad))

• Doing RIGHTEOUS DEEDS
i.e. Following the Sunnah of the rasul (sallahu caliyhe wasilm), following the revealed scriptures, staying away from vices that GOD frowns upons

• (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience
-Brotherhood/Siserhood

-Working towards Salvation with each other

-Adhering to TRUTH via Revelations and Messengers

-Patiences with each other, with one's self, with

ALLAH.

Fi Amanillah

Muhammad   

^ Interesting points Khayr, Jazakallah Khair!

wind.talker, Jazakallah khair, that was very detailed summary.

And this can be the reason why Imam Al-Shafeii (may Allah bless him) has said about this surah that if the people were to ponder over this surah alone, it would suffice for their guidance. He has also been reported as saying that if nothing else would have been revealed in this Glorious Qur’an except this surah then this surah would have been sufficient for man’s guidance.

I've been thinking about that, Subhanallah!

Haneefah   

Powerful surah indeed. ^ I have to admit, I don't usually listen to Islamic lectures in Somali but I played this lec for my mom who happens to be a shaikh ummal fan...and Masha'Allah, it was quite informative. Do you know if he has a website by any chance?

Muhammad   

Asalamu Alaykum

It seems me and Hooyo have something in common.

I don't think he has an official website, but you can find his Audio Lectures in here;

http://www.dacwah.com/ (good site)

http://www.aflax.net/Audio/muxadaro/

http://www.benadir-islam.com/Shrfnor.html

http://www.duruus.com/muxaadaro.php

http://www.altaqwaa.com/click/track.php?id=32

http://www.boqolsoon.com/

bookmark them I.A.