Sign in to follow this  
kingofkings

SOL: Watch the London Conference LIVE

One thing that has been made clear is that AMISOM is to be bolstered and empowered. Funding and support for AMISOM will be increased. Also AMISOM troops will be placed in major cities like Baidoa and otehr cities that are captured from AL-Shabab. The AU chairperson was saying that the AMISOM mission has "divided Somalia into sections" and that it has been established that 2,700 AMISOM troops will be based in Baidoa. On the other hand there has been no mention of building a Somali military, funding or supporting such an entity.

Gheelle.T;793633 wrote:
Sayid, waa markaa is yeel yeelka bilaabi jirtay. Naga dee awoowe. War ninyahow inaad London joogtid oo aa tahay Cameron's adviser on Somali issue baad ku haystay.

me? an adviser to a Tory government? Saxiib that is slander of the highest order - it is akin to me accuse you of being an advisor to the Republican party in your neck of the woods - naga daa dee adna. :D

nuune;793636 wrote:
^^
Gheelle,
awoowe, nobody is mentioning, there was a private conference right after lunch break, attended by Turkish, Ugandan, Kenyan, Ethiopian, AU, EU, Arab League, UK, and Scandanavians, this was the crucial part of the whole conference, it is where some signatures took place, this was purely Somali leaders sitting opposite world leaders, all private, no cameras were allowed, nothing, Mr Cameroon being the chair of this, only selected people were allowed to talk and the rest to witness the agreements being signed by Somali leaders, what were the agreements, why Siilaanyo was refused access to this crucial meeting(rumors already flying suggests he got invited to come to the private held conference but refused and then was told he will not even be allowed to deliver a speech on the public conference, so it was, as of now, no Siilaanyo speech), there were lots of questions about this privately held conference, it was right after this private conference that the press conference took place.

I am getting more feeds, and will report soon

Nuune - intee taar buu laha kan kuu soo waramayaa? :D

nothing less than 12 aerials i hope :D

xiinfaniin;793587 wrote:
I must say, David Cameron pulled it off quite successfully
...this is the first time Somali leaders have been treated equal
in the international stages, that itself was a great acheivement for me.

I haven't watched the conference, (I am just following the the feeds on this thread), but you make a very valid point

This was a great success for Somalia. The follow up conference in Istanbul that will be the completion of this beginning is making even more hopeful today than at any time before in my life.

Istanbul in few months, Insha'allah, will bring the end of the Somali quagmire, in the meantime clean AS off Somali in the next few months.

Hala ducaysto

Abwaan   

This is the disadvantage of living in Honolulu timezone ee maxaa i dhaafay haddaa aniga waagu ii baryee bal yaa ii soo koobaya oo aan u duceeyaa? XX? Wax aqoonsi ah? Maaddeey, Shabaab xaggee la marsiinayaa? Baarlamaankeennii wareersanaana waxaaba laga soo sheegayaa inay dhaheen Madaxweyne Shariif Axmed ayaan kalsoonida kala noqonnay....Yaab badanaa, Cimri tegey ceeb laguma sagootiyo ayaan maqli jirey, Dadku miyeysan xishooneyn?:)

Libaax-Sankataabte;793667 wrote:
Originally Posted by xiinfaniin

I must say, David Cameron pulled it off quite successfully ...this is the first time Somali leaders have been treated equal in the international stages, that itself was a great acheivement for me.

I haven't watched the conference, (I am just following the the feeds on this thread), but you make a very valid point

I respectively disagree - on the contrary - I am of the opinion; that the so called Somali leaders were disrespected;- they were condescendingly lectured, threatened and told what to do. - perhaps your definition of being equal is different and you see equal as been seating at the same table.

Abwaan   

OdaySomali;793251 wrote:
Why is Sheikh shariif making his speech in Arabic wtf ?:mad: Whats wrong with Somali ?

I think Somali inuu ku hadlaa u fiicnayd laakiinse other countries might understand him more by using a native speaker who speak Arabic as their interpreters, like Erdogan from Turkey did when he visited Mogadishu! As some stated it is not a big deal, at least the conference is on SOMALIA.

Somalia   

Xaaji Xunjuf;793693 wrote:
Hillary is not talking about Somalia she is talking about Syria

She was at first, you missed it.