Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

UK Foreign Secretary William Hague Meets President Silanyo

Strengthening the UK's relationship with Somaliland

22 February 2012

Foreign Secretary William Hague met President Silanyo of Somaliland on 22 February, the eve of the London Conference on Somalia.

The Foreign Secretary and President Silanyo reaffirmed the close ties between the UK and Somaliland. They agreed that Somaliland was making progress in further embedding democracy and discussed issues of mutual interest, including cooperation on trade and to counter piracy. Over the next three years, the UK will provide up to £105 million in development support to Somaliland to promote prosperity, tackle poverty and consolidate progress on stability and democracy.

Speaking after their meeting, the Foreign Secretary said:

“I am delighted to see President Silanyo in London for the Conference on Somalia. Somaliland has valuable lessons to share from its own experience of building stability and democracy. I welcome President Silanyo’s participation at the Conference and am grateful for Somaliland’s continued co-operation in the fight against piracy and terrorism.”

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/news/latest-news/?view=News&id=733871182

burahadeer;792677 wrote:
some will have beef with that:D

The Foreign Secretary and President Silanyo reaffirmed the close ties between the UK and Somaliland. They agreed that Somaliland was making progress in further embedding democracy and discussed issues of mutual interest, including cooperation on trade and to counter piracy. Over the next three years, the UK will provide up to £105 million in development support to Somaliland to promote prosperity, tackle poverty and consolidate progress on stability and democracy.

Speaking after their meeting, the Foreign Secretary said:

“I am delighted to see President Silanyo in London for the Conference on Somalia. Somaliland has valuable lessons to share from its own experience of building stability and democracy. I welcome President Silanyo’s participation at the Conference and am grateful for Somaliland’s continued co-operation in the fight against piracy and terrorism.”

Another 150 million boys...we can now buy bath water for the entire town of buhoodle. :D

Siciid1986;792676 wrote:
Strengthening the UK's relationship with Somaliland

“I am delighted to see
President Silanyo in London for the Conference on Somalia
. Somaliland has valuable lessons to share from its own experience of building stability and democracy. I welcome President Silanyo’s participation at the Conference and am grateful for Somaliland’s continued co-operation in the fight against piracy and terrorism.”

Siilanyu came to him in London, while he went to meet Sharif in Mogadishu. That is the difference lads...

Freedom   

Hater he asked no requested we come to be what he say yes share our experience I peace and democracy with SOmalia lol. He came to you cause you killing each other lol we came to him to save you lots and benefit our people ;)

Abdul   

General Duke;792749 wrote:
Siilanyu came to him in London, while he went to meet Sharif in Mogadishu. That is the difference lads...

They sent a junior diplomat from their embassy in Addis ababa to meet with him in Hargaysa.