Sign in to follow this  
BOB

2008 African Cup Of Nations in Ghana.

Emperor   

^Lol, I was wondering about how Somalia had never excelled in the Sport...

Ethiopia and Sudan have all won the AFrican Cup of Nations... and Somalis never qualified? What's wrong with our skinny bones...

BOB thanks for the info, although an old Somali dude who's passionate about Football told me that Somalia had once reached the quater finals of the African cup of Nations.

^^ Their skinny fibulas hardly have a chance there.

Ghana, with the '06 world cup squad, at home, will effortlessly win. Ivory coast would be the second runners. Can bet on that!

NGONGE   

This month our regular columnist Peter Ndlovu recalls an unsavoury incident from the African Cup of Nations.

During the 2006 African Nations Cup in Egypt. We had just played our final group game, ending on a high by beating a strong Ghana side but still crashing out of the tournament. At the hotel that night we decided to have a few drinks and toast to our victory. I had invited my friend, who I can’t name for legal reasons (
fans of English football will remember him from his highly successful period with Leeds United
), along as he had been watching the match.

The lads started giving my friend a lot of stick for his country’s loss, especially our head coach. My friend was taking it quite gracefully but, as a proud Ghanaian, I could sense his patience was wearing thin. Nevertheless, the drinks kept flowing and so did the jokes.

It came to the end of the night and some of the lads had disappeared to bed, most notably our coach and my friend. Now during the whole tournament the manager had personally entered the hotel rooms of our most lazy players (Benjani was the worst) and pulled them out of bed in the morning to get ready for training so myself and a couple of the other lads decided to repeat the routine on him. We got the keys from reception and seven of us bundled into his hotel room at 4 a.m. To our horror it was not our coach who we found in bed, it was my friend. The worst part was that he was having sex with the coach’s wife!

I quickly rounded the boys up and ushered them out of the room, frantically hoping to keep a lid on the situation. After all, it was I who invited him to the party! We found the coach in one of the hotel bathrooms. He had had far too much to drink and crashed out.

The next morning, at breakfast, I quizzed my friend about what happened and he delivered a line which I will remember all my life:

When a man insults my country I insult him, by taking his woman

Our manager did eventually find out about the incident and I think he separated from his wife for a period. The last I heard though was that they are back together and he’s now coaching in the USA.

The moral of the story is never to slag off someone’s country!

Source

:D

NGONGE   

^^ Yeah. Did you recognise the wife shagger though? :D

(Don't mention any names; for legal reasons of course). :D:D

A.J.   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Yeah. Did you recognise the wife shagger though?

(Don't mention any names; for legal reasons of course).
:D:D

Isnt every married man a wife shagger? :D

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

it's Anthony Yeboah...yeah Northerner THAT spectacular volley was voted as one of the best goals ever scored in the premiership and before Leeds he used to play for Eintracht Frankfurt together with Jay Jay Okocha where their explosive performances paved the way for a lot of African players to be signed...in somewhat the man is considered to be a PIONEER in Africa.

Let be bugger sue me now and make me famous so I can finally pen down my Autobiography with few poetry books that I've been thinking of putting in a book and make few quids. smile.gif

by the way Peter Ndlovu plays for the Chelsea version of South Africa named Mamelodi Sundowns and he's the highest paid player in the South African Premier League and he was once the next door neighbour of Raage Omaar when he was a Johannesburg resident and his fans call him "Bulawayo Bullet". He hails from Bulawayo which is the second largest city in Zimbabwe.

Northerner...Forget about Syria or Jordan and come to Africa and see how beautiful our mother continent is...I'm thinking of going to Angola soon Insha Allah...Who knows maybe I will finally be able to appear on Forbes Magazine after I get my hands on that elusive blue diamond that I dreamed of for so long.

Angola take a bow baby...here comes that day-dreamer from Kismayo :D .

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

I will Insha Allah...but please Forgive me if I don't discuss diamonds with you guys.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by A.J.:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Yeah. Did you recognise the wife shagger though?

(Don't mention any names; for legal reasons of course).
:D:D

Isnt every married man a wife shagger?
Don't be so vulgar, son.

me   

Originally posted by *BOB:

Salam Aleikum W.W

I will Insha Allah...but please Forgive me if I don't discuss diamonds with you guys.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

No need to discuss diamonds, discuss the bagaash. Angola dad badan oo aan ogahay ayaa ku sii socda. Uga horee un.

N.O.R.F   

Bob, I would love to visit Africa. Not the Africa Ngonge knows but AFRICA! West and South. I just dont think I can at the moment even though SA is tempting. I know a man who travels there often on business so I might join him on his travels for a long weekend IA.

ps the games are at a convenient time and the local Egyptian joints will be packed with fanatics!!! :cool: