Sign in to follow this  
BOB

2008 African Cup Of Nations in Ghana.

Emperor   

Senegal all the way, just to bring the spirit of these talented young men representing the capital Daka, the shock and that suprise of the world cup 2002 need to be done again, for that there is a need for a full confidance and which the source of that may be winning the African Cup of Nation this year Insha'alah.

A.J.   

Emperor,

The capital of senegal is Dakar not Dhaka which is the capital of Bangladesh.

The senegalese always bring a talented side so they could make it but i still think its between Ghana and Ivory Coast.

Probably Ghana will take it

BOB   

Tima Cade...I see your loyalty is divived here but I can't believe you chose to root for Essien rather than 'The Monster' Didier Drogba...by the way that's what the African journalists call him...El Hadji Diuof is the only guy who has two nicknames...first he was called "Drunken Master of Terranga" but these days he's known simply as the "Spitting Cobra" LooooL...

Anyway...I don't know about you guys but I love African Cup of Nations...maybe its because I'm in Africa and its easier for me to get into the grooves of things as most TV stations, newspapers and the magazines are usually dominated by the football bonanza that's beckoning with all the European based super stars flocking back to mother continent to showcase their breathtaking skills that attracted the Europeans in the first place...

However, That tournament has always had a profound effect on me ever since I first watched it LIVE back in Tunisia 94...

11 days to go and counting Insha Allah...Pharaohs all the way...that is my team.

Peace, Love & Unity.

A.J.   

I agree with you Bob, i think its a magnificent tournament, and I cant wait for it to start.

When it comes to Ghana and Ivory Coast, id prefer it if they both got knocked out in the first round so that we can have Essien, Drogba and Kalou back.

But if you simply asked me who think will win, id have to say Ghana at the Moment.

BOB   

Ivory Coast are far stronger team than Ghana...in fact in my opinion Ivory Coast has the most talented squad but only time will tell whether they can work as a team but if I was a betting man I would bet on them.

Ivory Coast Vs Mali is the game I'm really looking forward to...Didier Zakora and Yahya Toure Vs Mamadou Diarra and Momo Sisokko...What a match up heh? I Love Africa.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Salam Aleikum W.W

A.J.   

BOB,

Finally we have something to agree on in that I Love Africa too

But now id like to go back to another thing that i dont with agree with you on :D:D

I think Ivory Coast do have the best side but i think home advanatage counts for a lot in the African Nations Cup. Ghana have good support at home and have a talented squad (bar a striker) that is capable of beating everyone.

Ivory Coast v Mali is a great game and am looking forward to seing Drogba v Kanoute in the top scorers battle as welll

Peace

Group B is the real deal. Coté d'Ivoire and Nigeria with Mali, now that is a group worth watching. I think, Coté d'Ivoire and Cameroon will be in the final. That is my prediction.

Ivory Coast is my team. With their current strength and experience and with some good management, this team can go far in the 2010 world cup. Glory to the continent.....It is about time we have something to be proud of. Maybe sport will bring some pride to our dear continent.

mojam   

I am supporting the Ivory Coast team after their performance in the world cup but realistically Ghana will propably take the cup.

Emperor, Somalia qualified for the Cup of Nations.

NGONGE   

I'm sticking with Egypt even though their own fans don't think they're going to win it. They have their very own Zidan, not to mention Abu Trika. Egypt all the way.

N.O.R.F   

^^Like I said, I hope the winners are on the right side of the Sahara :cool:

Oh yeah. saw Hossam and Ibrahim Hassan giving TV interviews on the pitch last week at the Inter vs Ajax game.

BOB   

Emperor,

Somalia never qualified for any major tournament redface.gif .

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.