Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Sharing Scarce Resources ( Somali Husbands)

I wouldn't mind sharing my husband if he was rich and divorcing him would mean I would have to adopt a less expensive lifestyle. Also if he beat me so that I would accept his decision.

That's all.

^ LoL. Yeah, why not let him find another victim to beat, eh? You are a cruel one.

As always, husband-sharing is as attractive as STI-sharing from where I stand.

I can't speak for women but i can speak on my own behalf.Were i married and then got somewhat lost in btw my weird worlds,just like most of the Faaraxs and then decided to have a second wife,the first thing that would stopp me from the thought is the Pain my kids would be subjected to and how they will grow up having some sacred grudges.Coz of this,many half brothers or half sisters hate each other unbelievably.So what good is in there?Many kids?Many sick kids full of hatred?

toooooo many mother Teresa wanna be in this place.. these girls are written what looks good, i have yet to see a Somali woman wanting to share. Also i have yet to see a happy family after the man of the house seeks his desire!

As for the men.. learn to control your desires instead of suggesting the goodness of 2nd wife.

and remember this for seek of your children, The best gift a father can give his children is loving their mother!

and there is nothing loving about the 2nd wife ordeal

Cara.   

I don't know. I think there are certain perks to being a minweyn that I could appreciate. Imagine hubby brings home a pretty young thing. She cooks, she cleans, she takes care of all those tedious or unpleasant household chores no one gets around to. Like ironing. Remember the last time you ironed? Exactly. I'd want one who was none too bright, and with few aspirations. She would take care of the kids so I could focus on my career (without that niggling guilt all working moms seem to suffer from). In fact, she would give birth to the bulk of them, so I could keep my youthful figure.

It'd be like having a younger sister around, except every now and then I would have to play my music loudly and count to a thousand (I'm being generous).

Ms DD   

Salaam TS

"i have yet to see a Somali woman wanting to share. Also i have yet to see a happy family after the man of the house seeks his desire!"

I have. In fact plenty of them. This doesnt prove anything though. It is all anecdotal. But some polygamy marriages do work out. Some monomogy marriages dont work out. It all depends on the situation you face at that time. So unless we are facing this dilema, it is hard to say what we'd do.

Shakti   

Originally posted by Cara:

except every now and then I would have to play my music loudly and count to a thousand (I'm being generous)

:eek: a thousand!!!! definitely, u r being way 2 generous

Have u folks heard of the faarax in Hargeeysa who married 2 XILIIMOS at the same nite in the same freaking wedding..... 2 xalimos sitting side by side like 2 shimbroo!!!! lol..

now thats what i call SHARING ALL THE WAY!! NICE GOING DUDE!! THUMBS UP!!.... smile.gif

Nur   

Rudy bro writes:

.........hey dont look at me... brother Nur came with idea...

Meaning: the Devil made me do it!

And they say, Somali women dont wield power! that beats me

Nur

Naden   

Nur, bro, will you be addressing the issue of polygamy and orphans soon? I posted a couple of questions/comments for you on page 12. I can't see how it could even be brought up without so much as a cursory mention.

Originally posted by Cambarro:

Salaam TS

"i have yet to see a Somali woman wanting to share. Also i have yet to see a happy family after the man of the house seeks his desire!"

I have. In fact plenty of them. This doesnt prove anything though. It is all anecdotal. But some polygamy marriages do work out. Some monomogy marriages dont work out. It all depends on the situation you face at that time. So unless we are facing this dilema, it is hard to say what we'd do.

Those sisters that u r talking about r brain washed. May allah show them their rights :(

Nur   

Ambarro and TenaciousSoul sis

Marriage has a purpose, it is the union of souls to procreate with Allah's blessing, like rain, bringing forth new life, a new outlook and news struggles toward Allah, a soul that eventually worhsips Allah and populates Masjids, and continues the march. Souls are paired like the Hadeeth ( Al Arwaaxu Junuudun mujannada) only those destined to match (click) do pair, and when that clicking happens, the force of attraction of the souls overcomes all other inhibtors, its important that when we discuss marriage that we do not overlook the devine plan of pairing souls.

Nur

Ameen   

Interesting indeed, I mean reading all these different opinions and of course I understand that everybody has an opinion on everything...and when I take a step back and view the time in which Allah has placed me in, all I see is plenty of opinions and little facts. But, Nur, your absolutely right. Marriage is a blessing, a protection and a means to enter junnah, but if Allah has already decided "who we will marry"...than why do I see so many people overtaken by stress and worry, as if to say..."when is the decree of Allah gonna take affect?" And, brothers please, listen up to my advice...I know for many it would be a dream and a blessing to be able to have two or let's say, three or matter fact ...lets just complete the deal and say four wives, but realistically speaking...can you imagine dealing with four different personalities? Its hard enough trying to understand one sister and providing time for those "we have a problem, can we talk?" moments...and besides, taking into consideration the time and place we are living, it's like forbidden to talk about a second wife, specially around Somali sisters (may Allah open all our hearts and minds up)..so brother’s, lets boycott the whole discussion before we end up in a box, buried deep down in the ground.

And Allah knows best.