Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Sharing Scarce Resources ( Somali Husbands)

Guardian and Protector said,

I at least know that Islam teaches us to respect the laws of the kufaar lands

Therefore, you respect gays, the culture of child molestations, the believe of democracy as a rule, the feminism, the freedom to drink alcohols, the freedom of nudity. That is apparently what you saying, right? Which Islam is that, horta? The moderate innovations or what? lol

You also, respect the abrogated religions, as well as the religions of the devil, at certain places in the west, lol. You respect their law that forbids the full practice of Islam and Mocks our religion as a dark-aged and backwarded religion. You probably in love with Micheal Jeckson, Jennifer Lopez and the Hollywood Renegades than our beloved great Islamic heroes.

You may watch Sexy and the City shows out of respect or by acting to be part of the mainstream sociaty. yeah, you are cool girl, moderate beer drinkers just like tea!

Qax qax qax :D , did you know Bashir Goth was looking for you, he is another altra-moderate former Sufi boy in the hood, ok eedo, ii baashaal waan ku fahmay aniga koley.

Yoonka   

Bashir Goth is a major mass-hole who disregards the entirety of our Islamic values! There are many Ayan-Xirsi-wannabe's who are trying to gain some popularities by pleasing others, i.e. west.

The so-called Moderate Muslims are the worst hypocrites! :mad:

Paragon   

VR: Assuming I have problems with my reading(and now going beyond the assumption game), did Nur really use the word "Kufaar" or "Kaafir" to describe anyone, particularly in this thread? Yes or No would do.

Yoonka   

Ameenah,

Why do you have to stare me like that like I am the coolest guy in the world? :D

We used to say, "ma iga heshay jirta, aniga waan kaa helay". icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by JamaaL-11:

VR: Assuming I have problems with my reading(and now going beyond the assumption game), did Nur really use the word "Kufaar" or "Kaafir" to describe anyone, particularly in this thread? Yes or No would do.

I'm sure it would. Frankly Jamaal, I have no desire to quibble over semantics, but I can see you won't rest till I do. Now, let me remember my words....

"Whether you are aware of it or not (and I don't see how you cannot be), you basically branded the sister as a 'kaafir' in your post"

There we are. I did not say that he called her a kaafir but that his post basically branded her as one.

Much thanks for your intervention.

Alle-ubaahne, To reply to you would be to dignify your irrational and imbecilic posts. Dont jump on the bandwagon and try to level yourself with the likes of Nur.The difference between the two of you is like the difference between the earth and the sky.

VR + meenah, you dont have to justify yourselves to those who's only purpose is to divert the subject and attemp to add fuel to the fire.

Paragon   

"Waa Dameer iyo labadiisa dhaggood". Things assumed or things implied point to things meant. Semantics or no semantics, the 4 assumptions on which you based your assumption are present in the charactors of many Muslims, who are yet to be 'branded'/hinted to, as being kufaar or 'kaafir'. Sorry for the disturbance; its just that the usage/implying of the word 'Kaafir' on another Muslim, is not something that should be taken lightly.

PS: Am sorry to author of the topic for contributing to its digression. Forgive me.

A sociological problem is not an abstract problem that requires not verifiability, rather it is a experential problem, which can be readily studied and observed. That is to say, a sociological problem is not merely based on suppostion and speculation; it would have been prudent and tenable, of course, for Khadija Wanaagdoon to supplement her informal letter with a with a formal "research paper", else all her suppostions will remain only hypothetical, and a hypothetical problem is just that- hypothetical. Thusly, if the problem has no "corroboration", then there is no need to expend energy in addressing it.

Khadija thinks there is a problem, viz., "An Imbalance of Desirable Somali Bachelors and Bachelorettes". However, whether, in fact, there is such a problem has yet to be supported. It is incumbent upon Khadija to divulge the findings of her research, should she desire any academic credibility (bear in mind that, research methods such as Surveys, Interviewing, Historical reference, Statistics etc must be in accordance with academically accepted manuals).

For instance, if "statisics" are used to support the claim that there is an "imbalance", then the readers, have a right, to examine the legitimacy of that propostion ( e.g.what was the sample size? was it representative? etc.)

As it stands, there is no raw data and as such no research, which the Nomads can examine for themselves. Khadija informally pays lip-service, or rather eye-service, to any form of acceptable research by writing

In a recent Somaliaonline.com / Islam pages Social Survey, respondents have aired their frustrations and opinions, here are the results and the choices, including the e-Nuri Social Research Center's Formula....

Perhaps most Nomads are unaware of the requirements of utilising and presenting the results of a survey as part of the primary research data; suffice it to say, that Khadija's hasty and unprofessional presentation belies her erudtion; in fact, the said survey is only informal and consequently, cannot be used to corroborate any hypothesis (I must own that Khadija was audacious enough to insult the reader by writing as if the so-called imbalance was a theory as opposed to a hypothesis).

In the end, it is important to always assess a claim or even an argument with reference to its feild of study. Khadija is making a sociological or perhaps even a pyscho-sociological propostion, but sadly enough, she is either ignorant or indifferent as to what constitutes proper research. Discussing sociological problems on a hypothetical plane is most unproductive.

What say you if Omar, Doctor/Scholar (fictitous) would say, There is a disturbing sexual problem in the somali male community; many of the young males are becoming homosexual. This problems, says shrewd Omar, is a consequence of a lack of "venue" for men to discharge their desires, thusly, we ought to encourage parents to ensure that their sons are married by the age of nineteen. Did you know that the prophet said, relates Omar, that to marry young is a laudable virtue! The similarites between Khadija and Omar are hard to ignore. It seems that either one is confident that his audience are faithful enough so as to not exact substantiation. Both Omar and Khadija

1. Do not provide any raw data for the audience to chew on

2.They refer to prophetic traditions in a disingenous manner. If Khadija argued, the prophet had more than one wife, so I should allow my husband to emulate the prophet; or if Omar argued, the propher encouraged the "Shabaab" to marry sooner rather than later, then both Khadija and Omar would be honest in their respective disquistions. But is that what they do?

3. They construct problems, literally, out of thin air

P.S. From an islamic stance, it is indubitable that Polygamy is not under an injunction of proscription and that it was, in reality, practiced by the Holy Prophet, peace be upon him and his family. It is abundantly clear, however, that this is not the basis for Khadija's thesis ("implied thesis" I imagine); a mere disgression to provide lifting support for Khadija's thesis, which, unfortunately, has been weighed down by a lack of research. Good Khadija was trying to bring a resolution to a problem, that remains, existent, mayhap, in the imagination of men.

With Salaams

PK

Originally posted by Guardian n Protector:

Alle-ubaahne
, To reply to you would be to dignify your irrational and imbecilic posts. Dont jump on the bandwagon and try to level yourself with the likes of Nur.The difference between the two of you is like the difference between the earth and the sky.

VR + meenah
, you dont have to justify yourselves to those who's only purpose is to divert the subject and attemp to add fuel to the fire.

Little girl, thanks for your assessment on my ranks and level of lowness, I am glad that I know how ignorant I am, but the worst ignorant is the one who doesn't realize the extent of Jahli and darkness he/she suffers. By the way, Nur is my respected brother of knowledge, and I deeply respect him, so there is no need to compare us.

Now, your pretentiousness for the west was unveiled and that is an attainment for the public to see your actual feable colour and hypocrisy. Wishing you to retrait from that suicidal path.

smile.gif

Wait a minute! What are you guys talking about!

Is Giardian n Protector = Cawralo?

I mean that Cawralo who was known to be faithful and loyal to her husband, fearful of her Allah, and watchful of her deeds.

If that's her, then she is right to be cautious and keep her husband to herself, and for her only! Alas, who can blame her by loving her husband so much that she doesn’t want to share! As for the sheikhs, reserve those harsh words and appreciate the character of this Cawralo. She is realy unique!

I am talking about this Cawralo:

Qosol gabana labadeede fool qaar haddaad aragtid

Qabno geela lama siisto iyo qaalmo goodirahe'e

Qoorta xaddiyan oo dhexdaad qabatin moodaaye

Talaabada qallooc uma dhigtee waa qotomisaaye'e

Qalbigaa ku faaraxa markay qaaddo laafyahe'e

******** I will came back ***********

Nur   

GnP

you write:

" Nur, granted you’re more knowledgeable in the deen than I am and nowhere on this thread have I contested that nor labelled you and that you don’t fail to be patronizing in your tone whenever confronted with something not to your taste"

Sister, you shouldnt expect to walk over people by accusing them of a grave crime like cheating a legal system, an accusation if I did not deny would be an admition to a major crime in a court of law, it was wrong if not outright dishonest to brand me and the other brother as cheaters of a system that you would honor at the expense of Islam, simply because you are a woman and are against polygamy.

You write:

"I at least know that Islam teaches us to respect the laws of the kufaar lands we choose to reside and unless you don’t agree with this, I fail to see where we disagree and where you’re coming from"

Answer

Sister, the land belongs to Allah , not the Kuffar, which makes you and the Kuffar equal under the constitution, A Nation under GOD, which grants you rights to protest unjust laws and even engage in peaceful civil disobedience to get your point across, you have a voice, let it be heard for the advantage of Islam.

You write:

" How you are conveying your point is completely opposite to what you’re conveying . "

Answer

Answer: My point is as clear as it can be, ask others to confirm.

You write:

" Finding faults, belittling and ridiculing their way of life to make your point is simply frivolous. "

Answer:

This is a debate forum, we are engaging in a discussion, its not intended to be pleasant, but neither do I attack people for no reason, I do not expect anyone to agree with me, and I do not take criticism personally unless they are an accusation for committing a crime such as the one you levelled against me.

You write:

" As Muslims who are residents in a western country and given the choice to practice our religion completely, we can choose to accept and stay or leave."

Answer: Do we really have the choice to practice our religion " COMPLETELY" as you write? does that mean you are not worried that polygamy is banned?

You write:

" I never understood why some people choose to live in non-muslim lands and then completely claim to detest everyone and everything about the place."

Answer:

Same reason the Italians and British used to live in our country and hated our ways!

You write:

" In this particular case, it’s a matter of deciding which takes precedence(islamically too), following the rules and regulations of your adopted country or practicing polygamy which is not only optional and infact not ideal (as far as my knowledge goes) and breaking the laws of your adopted country and risking being charged. "

Answer:

Changing the laws to make polygamy legal is the priority, so go out and call your congresswoman and tell her you want polygamy legalized, and till that is done, we can leverage the current secular law's loop holes of allowing us to have as many girlfreinds as our address book can handle.

You write:

"I don’t know if you’re trying to be witty but that comes across as character assassination to me.

Answer:

I apologise, wallahi sister, i did not intend to assasinate your character, I was against an idea, not your person, the idea of branding me a cheater of a system, while I was talking about legally going around the letter of the law, to suit the law to my faiths requirements.

You write:

" don’t respond well to people questioning my faith and where my loyalties lie. You don’t know me and I suggest you lay off the sweeping assumptions. There is nothing unislamic about what I’ve contributed to this thread. And if you choose to reply, I insist you substantiate your spurious assumptions at the very least before labelling me with below the belt titles and tossing out further insults my way for no apparent reason."

Answer:

I think I have answered most assumptions, and apologised if my comments were taken personally.

one last advice

Please stop thinkng of yourself as a guest to the country of your residence, you should be heard as mush as everyone else, you would be a better Muslimah and a citizen at the same time by knowing the law, and when you find it Islamic unfriendly, find a way to make it freindly to islam, that way you can bridge Islam and the west.

Much respect

Nur

**********PLEASE RESPECT OTHERS SPECIALLY OUR MODERATORS ANDS STOP GETTING PERSONAL WITH NOMADS

This is a warning

Admin

Somalia Online

[ February 11, 2005, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]