Sign in to follow this  
Maaddeey

Hundred one ways to enjoy Islii (Eastleigh)

tutu   

Maadey..Yusra is to the left of Jamia mosque (when you come out of the main gate of the mosque). Is next to Jamia mosque (to your left). Its in the first floor. There are two phoneshops on the ground floor. Take the narrow stairs right after the second Safaricom shop. Good food and nice sitting arrangement (they have two seperate 'halls'). They serve both somali and swahili food (Ala carte menu).

If you go straight forward and turn left on Kimathi street ( walk for 3-4 metres), then on the other side of the road (your oppsite, left of Nation house], there was a new one (in 2010) that served good food too. More classy than Yusra also.

tutu   

Maaddeey;805491 wrote:
tutu, where is this Yusra restaurant?. The only Somali owned one I could get in the Masjid vicinity is this one, they got a very tasty 'dhaylo':

photo1059y.jpg

Where is this? What street?

I have been to that second floor maqaayad. I didn't know its name was Yusra. Granted, I didn't eat cuntadeeda either. I only bought a soda from it and got back to this muqalas office I was at, waiting for my visa to be extended. The muqalas office is located under maqaayadda among the mobile shops and photo joints.

Yes, one needs a muqalas to get one's visa get extended after three months and more especially after six months. I made the mistake once going straight to immigration headquarters to get it extended. Blatant masuqmaasuq Kenyaatiga waa arkeysaa maalin caddee.

They wouldn't allow you to get an extended visa haddaa Soomaali tahay with Western baasaboor. They will send you to this office and that office and this office and then finally saying come back tomorrow or that day. And if you go back in that day, same thing would happen. You would realize inay muqalasyada isla shaqeyaan oo lacagta muqalasyada ka sugayaan instead of in official way of going in yourself, which they can't get their baqshiish under the table.

raula   

tutu..kweli nimechanganyikiwa..kuwa sijafika kule kileleshwa but my classmate used to say so..so i won't know really. Speaking of shule..I know Jamila mohamed..(reporter) as we went to same school in Nairobi...wink wink...Now vichorochoro za ngara i meant..kule vile unaturn from Muslim girls..unaelekea Ngara girls...and parklands Arya pale..& Jamhuri high to the far right..kule..@ the turn from Muslim pale..there is kichorochoro..unateremka nyuma pale..& eventually you'll hit the River road bridge pale by the river..from Town.

N'ways so you are Lenana product..lol. I had a relative who went to Ngong' girls.

raula   

talow yaa iga soo waramo Isilii iyo nairoberry..

Can't take any of these rubbish called politics :D. Where is nuune by the way?