Sign in to follow this  
Maaddeey

Hundred one ways to enjoy Islii (Eastleigh)

Maaddeey   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;801900 wrote:
Those flats waxaa ka qaalisan ka waran kuwa Islii ku yaalo qaarkood that cost 30,000 or more per month. Soomaalidana meeshaas rabaan, meeshaan nadiifka ah ma rabaan oo cidlada iyo wehel la'aanta diidayaan.

By the way, so far according to your pictures, it seems meeshaa degantahay ama ka qaraabatid waa xaafadda Jaamka, between sarta Burcadbadeed, maqaayadda Togdheer, saraha Kambaniyaasha iyo masaajidka Hidaaya. Profile waa lagaa sameyn karaa.
058.gif
. Saraha cusub meeshaas ku yaalo midkood ku degtay.

Have you been to xaafadda Juakali oo ku taalo masaajidka Hidaaya markii lasii moodo, not dhinaca sarta Burcadbadeeda but dhanka dambe ee masaajidka markaa sii aadid. The more aad sii socotid, the more xaafadahaas dangerous yihiin oo tuugo ka buuxaan, siiba Mlango Kubwa markaa gaartid.

Haa MMA, runtaa waaye, flats-kaas waa spacious waana cusubyihiin, fanaanad caan eh oo meelahaas ka imaatayaa degan! ;).

Aniga 4th-ka & 3rd meel u dhexeyso aan deganahay lakin meelahaan aa asxaab degantahay oon u soo sheeko doontaa, 6ka & meelahaas buuq miiran waaye.

Xaafaddaas Alhidaaya dhinaceeda kale, hadda waa la habeeyey,oo awal mugdi ey ahaan jirtay, lakin hadda nalal aa loo sameeyey oo tuugada waa ka yaraatay!.

tutu, wax dhib ah ma maqlin oo Soomaalida soo gaaray,on the contrary next day Soomaalida waxay dhigeen demonstration complaining about tuugo & amni xumo!.

Macallinka, every where iska daaye,hal ama laba oo evidence lee ma keeni kartaa?.

tutu;803458 wrote:
photo1043.jpg

Always prayed jimca here. Loved the atmosphere after the prayers. Meeting freinds at the front. Parking used to be a hustle though.

this masjid is beautiful. masha allah

BOB   

Yeah it used to be green and it had a wonderful garden. now what happened to the Imam Sh. Ali Shee? I've heard the Somalis kicked him out. There was a Somali restaurant nearby back then, can't remember what it was called and they made amazing Lasagna and it was always full regardless what time and day.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Carafaat   

BOB;804048 wrote:
Yeah it used to be green and it had a wonderful garden. now what happened to the Imam Sh. Ali Shee? I've heard the Somalis kicked him out. There was a Somali restaurant nearby back then, can't remember what it was called and they made amazing Lasagna and it was always full regardless what time and day.

Peace, Love & Unity.

The restaurant on the first floor and with the mobile phone shops on the ground floor? Its stil there, food is really good there.I can recommend their 'federation' dish. :D

Carafaat   

BOB;804048 wrote:

Peace, Love & Unity.

The restaurant on the first floor and with the mobile phone shops on the ground floor? Its stil there, food is really good there.I can recommend their 'federation' dish. :D

raula   

tutu & FB..I myself is not well-versed in Nairoberry as some of you..but i remember bits. Now i had a friend from school that lived in Kileleshwa..but i used to go through Shauri Moyo ways..past Sec 3...na kule juu juu. Speaking of vichorochoro za ngara..you don't want to be caught between River-road sides kule junction ya Ngara na parklands Arya..sehemu zile..its full of rowdy characters..but hardly bothered students. As of Jamia mosque..used to pray there kila Friday...(had to carry kanga mbili kila ijuma..)then unateremka from Ngara..to the mosque or kuna kichorochoro moja from Ngara..sides there towards the mosque. Maybe mi ni old school, lakini everytime i go to Nairobi..the first nites what i eat was fish & chips..there is a way they make those chips..fatness to it...nothing compares...na pili pili..& some sausage..mama mia!

raula   

MMA ma xaguu ka shekeenaya!

STOIC-hadee unataka wabadilishie Ngombe ama simba au nini bwana..sini emblem ya nchi. By the way..you didn't used to drink MAZIWA YA NYAYO ama lol..

tutu   

Hello Raula! Nadhani umechanganyika kidogo pale. Ni kitambo ulifika Nai ama? Yaani unaenda upande wa Shauri Moyo kuelekea Kileleshwa...ahh..Hapana. Ukienda upande wa Shauri Moyo (kupita sec 3), utapanda Jogoo Road and you either going to Fedha (if u turn left [first exit]) or City centre ama south B, C (depending where u headin to). or you are going for a long ride to Kile...meaning u have to go tao (yaani Haile Selassie) na kupanda Uhuru highway, na kugeukia upande wa kushoto ili upande Aboretum...

And speaking of vichorochoro za Ngara ambaye nile taja hapo awali is actually from upande wa Pangani, hupiti hiyo busy junction ya Ngara keuelekea tao...By the way River road ni mbali from this junction. Pengine una mix Muranga Road (baada ya Landhies Road) ambaye inakupeleka River road moja kwa moja...inakwanga busy sana.

Paka umeni kumbusha Arya girls...haha. Nilimtegeaga ka msupuu kwa hiyo chuo nikiwa secondary. Yaani ka dame ka rembo..ayayaya!...huamini hata. Tulipatana Lenana high kwa science congress competition. Tuka groove kidogo lakini ilikuwa mbali kufika kwao (they lived in Ushirika) and she was so jealous..ati nije kila wikendi ni hang na yeye....ah..didn't work.. Met her years after high school married with a kid..good old days. Nime miss Nai.

tutu   

Carafaat;804168 wrote:
The restaurant on the first floor and with the mobile phone shops on the ground floor? Its stil there, food is really good there.I can recommend their 'federation' dish.
:D

When were you there? Its called Yusra restaurant. The food is good and the setting as well.

Maaddeey   

tutu, where is this Yusra restaurant?. The only Somali owned one I could get in the Masjid vicinity is this one, they got a very tasty 'dhaylo':

photo1059y.jpg