We are not the ones that are sexually

terrorized and violated

We are the ones that are free and pure

We're free of STD's that have no cure

So when people ask you how you feel about the hood

Just sum it up by saying

'baby its all good' smile.gif

"The shortest distance between a problem and a

solution is tha distance between your knees and the floor.The one who kneels to ALLAH Subhana wa Taa'la can stand up to anything."

My your Intellectual journey towards the TRUTH be a pleasant one…Ameen

We hope that Allah (SWT) will make our efforts successful and Bless all of us Abundantly Ameen Ameen Ameen

Amiira   

Manshallah, Jasaka Allahu Khairan brother Abdifatah and who ever wrote the beautiful poem. It is so true, May allah help us see the true amiim

Qac Qaac   

salaan to all of u

all of u replied nicely, but only one person made me mad, when i was going through all the writings that everone wrote, and that person is Barwaaqo.

first of all Barwaaqo, if the brother tells something it is his opinion, u have no right to imbarrasse him like that and qoute all the things he said, secondly it looks like that u r one of those girls that the brother is talking about, since u got so offended. thirdly i thought u said, only God judges the ppl, what r u doing when u call him ignorant, huh.

so if u want an advice girl, wear the hijab like all the rightous ppl are telling u to wear it. put it in style is not what allah asked u to do, and no doesn't matter for how long u lived in western countries, it doesn't give u right to wear it like fashion statement ok. u could be so gaal washed or cadaan washed but still doesn't give u right to tell or to give excuses for the girls who wear the hijab like erika badu. that brings me to the erika badu when u say we should respect the way erika badu wears the thing because she tried to be different, what is that, i thought u not supposed to be narrow minded. actually u r worth than that. because u think u r on the right path. we won't respect erika badu because quite frankly she is not like malcolm x, she is not being different that i am sure, but the reason she wears we don't know, and we don't care. but we will respect for all the muslim sisters and somali sisters who in North America or in Europe still wear their Hijab and fear allah.

so next time, don't plah pluh at me or anyone else, pls right some fact. not statements from emotions, ok. and don't be so narrow minded, and try to quote my writings like u did on ur previous post ok. peace

p.s. don't hate me, hate the trueth

Musadaq   

Thanks for your piece of mind Macawiis weyne and i dont have really much to say. May ALLAH help all those muslim sisters and muslim brothers who think that style is everything.

Wasalaamu Calaykum!

Salaam,

Originally posted by Qa'Qa':

first of all Barwaaqo, if the brother tells something it is his opinion, u have no right to imbarrasse him like that and qoute all the things he said, secondly it looks like that u r one of those girls that the brother is talking about, since u got so offended. thirdly i thought u said, only God judges the ppl, what r u doing when u call him ignorant, huh.

Firstly, I'm sorry to do as u said not to do (quote that is) but I fear I cant address your post if I don't. Thats what the quoting icon is there for.

Secondly, in reference to the above quote, you stated the brother had a right to his opinion, which I concur with, but does that mean I have no right to my opinion if it disagree's with him?

so if u want an advice girl, wear the hijab like all the rightous ppl are telling u to wear it. put it in style is not what allah asked u to do, and no doesn't matter for how long u lived in western countries, it doesn't give u right to wear it like fashion statement ok. u could be so gaal washed or cadaan washed but still doesn't give u right to tell or to give excuses for the girls who wear the hijab like erika badu. that brings me to the erika badu when u say we should respect the way erika badu wears the thing because she tried to be different, what is that, i thought u not supposed to be narrow minded. actually u r worth than that. because u think u r on the right path. we won't respect erika badu because quite frankly she is not like malcolm x, she is not being different that i am sure, but the reason she wears we don't know, and we don't care. but we will respect for all the muslim sisters and somali sisters who in North America or in Europe still wear their Hijab and fear allah.

Thirdly, walaalo, I don't believe you have the authority to lecture me. And I don't want your advice either because it really isn't very helpful. Just go over what u said and tell me which part of it is supposed to set me 'straight'?

I don't believe I'm on the right path either, I only disagreed with the brotha because of his tone, which I found offensive. My argument wasn't against the hijaab, but against making only one, iron-clad, definition of the hijaab, when there isn't any set definition in the Qur'an. I didn't question his faith or his level of piety, as you are clearly questioning mine.

Perhaps, I was a little too hard on him...but you are being very hard on me too, so I guess we all cancel each other out? I don't kno.

Asalamu Alaykum my sisterz...........

Wearing the Hijaab isn't

just a matter of simply putting a piece of cloth on your head,

it is an attitude, a way of thinking

and behaving, and accepting yourself

for who and what you are. Basically it constitutes an Islaamic way of life,

it is a statement which indeed s

hould portray a certain attitude.

Paragon   

BARWAAQO wrote:

Macawiis weyne: What you wrote makes me question both your age and mental abilities!

His maturity, I believe, had put him in a situation that pains his conscience, compelled him to speak the truth and lament about the ill-manners he witnesses in public. A fool woudn't feel this humility on his part forever.

Do you even know what you are talking about? I think not.

I think Yes! If he didn't know what he is talking about, he wouldn't have started this entire topic. That proves he knows what he is lamenting about, and quite a number of nomads agree with him.

First of all, anybody who speaks like you (and thinks as narrowly as you do) shouldn't be giving out Islamic advice to others.

I hope you are familair with the hadith that tells us to dispurse MUNKAR with your actions, but if couldn't, your WORDS, but if you coudn't, turn away your QALB from it. So he is now using his WORDS to express his distaste with the way sisters dress.

Whatever ajar you may have gained for your 'waano' has probably been cancelled out by your racist,bigoted words (and view).

The probability of knowing who gains ajar or not is something which we humans have no power of, and again by pressuming it to have been "conselled" is a position of which, I believe, no human being should assume. On the other hand, in regards to what you called "racist and bigoted words", I believe, any person who is not a Muslim be they black or white is a kufaar. So if Erika Badu is not a muslim woman, she fits the shoes of the kufaar. The word Kufaar doesn't necessarily yield to racism, but it only differentiates one from the other, Muslims from the rest. It would have been more appropriate if you could have said "you faithist words".

Thirdly, FYI, some Muslim girls have been wearing their Hijab that 'way' way before the 'kufaar' girls started wearing scarves.

Yes, but this style of hijab-wearing which the brother is complaining about digresses from the overall ways of wearing it. This style closely ressembles some non-muslims (whether it is Badu or not), due to the fact that the hijaab is being worn with and accompanied by other outfits that reveal the figure of the wearer and to some extend the flesh.

Moreover, your racist remarks towards Erica Badu and other black women are very offensive. If Erica Badu chooses to dress differently from the Western image of how a woman should dress, then she should be applauded for her effort, rather than looked-down on by the likes of you.

Once again where the brother mentioned Ericka Badu and Black sisters, the only word that can be close to a racist remark is KUFAAR. These are his words again;

Originally by macawiis weyne: SAD TO SAY THIS BUT SOME SISTERS WEAR THE HIJAB IN A WAY THAT MAKES THEM LOOK LIKE ERICA BADU AND SOME OTHER BLACK
KUFAAR
SISTERS WITH HAVE SOME NASTY HAIR TO HIDE NA'MEAN.

So simply and politely put, the brother had a point but you attacked him for speaking his mind, while blowing his words out of propotion. However, the belief that demands brothers not to talk of their uneasiness with these behaviours, or if they talk, to talk softly of these matters is not justified whatsoever. I believe every Somali girl should wear a hijab the right way, and not because of pleasing others but following Islamic teachings. There is no use arguing about basic issues as such, of which if one is honest to him/herself knows about it very well. One should either take Islam as a whole or leave it all together, but not advocate for one section while arguing against the other. Everyone has his own faults and sins, but we shouldn't try to make justifications for our sins and misdeeds.

PS: No disrespect, just a view

Ma'Salaama

Qac Qaac   

first jamaal thanks for ur writings it is very helpful, and made it very clear. then secondly Barwaaqo sis, i didn't mean to disrespect u, or to make ur opinion any less then the other ppl's opinion. is just was the way u attacked the brother wasn't right. that's all. because if we all quote each other i am sure we all find lots of mistakes from each other.

so in conclusion every one is entitled to his/her opinion.

Baashi   

Mucawisweyne,

Everyone starts somewhere if there are sisters who imitate Badu, they will come around...but Badu style is one step closer to Hijab...that's fine...with good guidence and encouragment and hopefully well-intentioned preaching, they may turn around and finally embrace the real xijaab. If my sister quits wearing her shorts in the summer and puts on Nigerian dress...that will cover some more flesh, i'm sure, and she won't get any credit from Allah...but if I want her to see benefits of Hijab and wisdom behind it...I wouldn't humiliate her...instead I would advice her, tell her things one step at a time, gently,..after all she is muslim and that seed in her would grow with right approach. The qoute below is from this site http://www.soundvision.com/Info/news/hijab/hjb.nonhijabi.asp it focuses how we should do our preaching.

It had been ten years since she had set foot in a mosque. Being at university had broadened her mind in many ways, one of them being her reconnecting with Islam.

She had begun praying five times a day a month ago, and now felt ready to pray in public, at the university's Juma prayer.

She paused and stood a few feet away from the women's entrance. Taking a deep breath, she pulled the silk scarf out of her purse and tied it carefully on her head. Her ponytail stuck out a bit. She smoothed the creases on her long-sleeved beige shirt and tugged at the bottom of it to make it longer over her pants.

The prayer was great. She had never felt this sense of inner peace.

Afterwards, she tried mingling with the sisters, but nobody even looked her way. A few of them even pretended not to hear her greeting. The only sister who did talk to her said in a huff: “You know your prayer is not accepted in those pants and that tiny thing you pass for a Hijab. I suggest you get more Islamic knowledge and dress properly before coming back here.”

The words stung her like a million bumble bees. Too numb to respond or speak, she charged out of the hall. Never again would she associate with these people, she told herself.

And never again would she return to Juma.

Are you shocked reading about this incident? Don't be. It has been a reality in almost every Muslim community in North America.

This harsh judgment and intolerance shown towards Muslim women who do not wear Hijab can lead to at least some Muslim women to become alienated from the Muslim community, and could lead to a loss of Islamic practice.

While Hijab is an obligation clearly ordained in the Quran and Sunnah, the above-mentioned method of its enforcement and encouragement is not Islamic, according to Muslim scholars, researchers and activists. Muslims have to start seeing the issue from a different perspective, they say..

Salaama Calaykum ALL

I am very happy that you guys shared my view of hijab in style.

Barwaaqo i'm very sorey sis if i offended you because i was doing this becaus of the love i have for my somalian sisters.

i never wanted to gudge any one in any way and tried my best not to ofend any one by telling what was in my heart.

when i wrote that topic i started normal but then got imotional and in that case i didn't use any quets from the the QURAAN..just wrote what was true and what was my view.

so please i'm asking my somali sister if i offended any of you , please for give me.

I'm not intilled of telling any one what to do in our deen. infact i'm still a student and need to learn more about my deen. But the best way to learn things from others is to let them know your views and see if they agree with you and learn more from the argument.

I have learned alot from most of the people that posted things in here and found out that my view was being shared by lots of other peole not only me.

so there fore if you eather agree or disagree, you still learned some thing.

love each other my people and spread love because in order to preach others, you have to start with your family and your people and you guys are my family and my people.

I love you my sisters thats why i preached so please for give me if i offended y'all

wasalaamu calaykum warax mutalaahi

Changed   

barwaaqo said it all.........macawiis weyne...u are talking about people transforming to what u call "BLACK KUFAAR SISTERS " do me a favor and look at ur self at the mirror and tell me what u see...i wonder why somali's like u are ethnocentric..... :mad:

Originally posted by Mcawiis weynee:

Barwaaqo i'm very sorey sis if i offended you because i was doing this becaus of the love i have for my somalian sisters.

You sure you're the same individual who started the topic? Because you come across as nice in the above post. smile.gif

Anyways, apology accepted dear. No hard feelings.

Qac Qaac   

mizz unique can't u see ppl are making up, pls don't come here driven by emotions and make stupid remarks. what u mean u should see urself at the mirror, u should check urself too. but anyways we not fighting here, we just puting topics and responds up there if u don't agree, u could say i dissagree but to call names and humiliate the person who has different opinion then u is just plain wrong. so pls as i said already don't say anything driven from your emotions because u mad, or don't let hatred defiate u from the middle path ok.

Khayr   

Salaamz,

'Be harsh on yourself and tolerant towards others'

I don't think that any man should question a sister about 'How' she wears her hijab unless you yourself look visibly muslim (i.e. Wear a full beard, muslim cap and long shirts!) and experience similiar hostility and alienation.

If more muslims were tolerant of the sisters that you are talking about, then they would feel that there is a support system for them out there and that they can endure the alienation from society b/c the muslimah next to her or the muslim brother next to her in class is being alienated by everyone else b/c he wears a white Jalaba and a cap at the Tuesday night lab.