Sign in to follow this  
macawiis weyne

HIJAAB IN STYLE

SALAAMA CALEYKUM EVERY BODY.

I REALY LOVE SISTERS WHO WEAR THEIR HIJAB BECAUSE OF THE FEAR THEY HAVE FOR ALLAH.

SAD TO SAY THIS BUT SOME SISTERS WEAR THE HIJAB IN A WAY THAT MAKES THEM LOOK LIKE ERICA BADU AND SOME OTHER BLACK KUFAAR SISTERS WITH HAVE SOME NASTY HAIR TO HIDE NA'MEAN.

WAZ WITH WEARING THE HIJAB LIKE A DO-RAG, I MEAN WHAT ARE YOU HIDING WHEN YOU DO THAT NA'MEAN. HIJAB IS SUPOST TO HIDE YOUR HAIR ALL THE WAY YOUR NECK AND YOUR CHEST.

WHAT MAKES IT WORSE IS HOW SOME SISTERS WEAR THE HIJAB WITH SOME TIGHT CLOTHING.

TIGHT TOPS AND TIGHT GEENS. AND TELLING PEOPLE THAT SHE WEARING HER HIJAB BECAUSE SHE FEARS ALAAH. I SAY B.S TO THAT CAUSE YOUR WEARING "HIJAB FOR STYLE". LETS FACE IT, HIJAB IS BEAUTIFUL AND KUFAARS JUST RELIZED THAT AND THATS WHY THEY ARE BUSTING IT. SO SISTERS IF Y'ALL GONNA WEAR HIJAB, DRESS LIKE A MUSLIM SISTER NOT LIKE ERICA BADU.

Qac Qaac   

i can't agree with u any more than this, hijab and tight close have nothing to do with each other u r right bro, keep breaching

Jewelz   

thank you for bring this topic about, wearing the hijab meanings wearing modest and loosly clothing, its not a fashion statment where u where it the way you want.

Haneefah   

ugh!...i hate when they wear it like that :mad: that defeats the whole purpose of the hijaab.

But then again, let's not jump to any conclusions, maybe these sisters are just making fashion statements to begin with, and thus, they might not even have a religious motive.

For the sisters who are well aware of the proper way of wearing a hijab and its signicance and yet still wear it this way...well may Allah(swt) give you his hadayah!

No offence to all the sistas of course ;)

SAGAL   

Assalamu alaikum

I do agree with you BUT.. you don't know if there doing it for style. What if they just started to wear the hijab. You know it takes time for a person to change (You can't wear tight clothing than the next day your religious). Maybe it starts with wearing the hijab, than wearing loose clothing. You know what, when I started to wear the hijab, it was hard at first, it takes steps. Than its part of your daily life. So if you see a person wearing tight clothing and a hijab..don't just assume she's doing it for fashion. Ask the person why she's doing that in a polite manner, than you can decide if the person is doing it for fashion. PLUS, ONLY ALLAH CAN JUDGE A PERSON.

Macawiis Weyene, you act like you are presentind an Islamic point then you go into trivial drival of a racist nature my point: is this you said SOME OTHER BLACK KUFAAR SISTERS WITH HAVE SOME NASTY HAIR TO HIDE. Tell me that is an islamic way of thinkingso i can laugh aat your sorry self-hating arse.

Senora   

I dont wear a hijaab, but i trully admire those that do. Considering i was never really accustomed to wearing it, and the fact that I'm so influenced, but I'm not on trial here, so I'll get off my case.

getting back to the topic....I did wonder however, why some girls did that, but i do think that SOME of them do it for the fashion sense. I know i did the whole "Eryka Badu" thing myself. Then again, I have some cousins in Canada who do the same thing, and a lot of my cousins do it because they aren't comfortable with the whole hijaab and outerwear. I'm not here to judge them or anyone else, as long as people like them don't think they are better then me( cause they wear the whole hijaab thing), then i leave my questions to myself.

Modesty   

Asalamu Alayam,

Dear brothers and sisters I want to say that we are so lucky to have this great religion called Islam. Allah said that the believing man, and the believing woman are superior than the non-believers. There was a time in history that non-believing women dressed like muslim women, unlike today.The hijab is fard, meaning it is obligatory upon the muslim women to wear it, and who doesn't is not practicing Islam fully. Men are supposed to dress modestly as well.Hijab is not just a piece of fabric, but who wears it must act upon it. That doesn't mean that you wear it just for impressing others, but for the fear and pleasure of Allah. Also, if a woman wear a hijab she must also wear loose fitting clothes that hide her adornments, and that she doesn't stand with man she isn't related to, laughing with them, for that is haram. My dear sisters, I know that this society we live in today sets standards for women for her to be accepted in society, and solely being based on her looks, and non-believers might shout names at you, and stare at you in disgust, but know that you are better than them because your heart is alive. But why can't non-believing women especially can't stand a veiled muslim sister? Ok, next time do this little experiment, when you are standing with a bunch of people and a beautiful woman walks by,everyone looks right. Well next time save yourself from this sin, but instead look at the people, you will see that even when the interest of the men faded from the debutante, the women are still looking. Why? because to the women she is a treat to them for men.BUT... when a veiled sister walks by you'll see nice girls shouting obcenities,because the veiled girl is a direct challenge to their whole womanhood. The veiled sister is doing everything the non-vieled woman is doing and getting a lot more respect from man. I heard a young girl say, the most feared in society is an articulate, successful sister with hijab, and there are a lot of sisters that haven't sold Allah's signs for a paltry price, and still are doing well in this dunya.

Macawiis weyne:

What you wrote makes me question both your age and mental abilities! Goodness, do you realise how many assumptions you've made? Do you even know what you are talking about? I think not.

Originally posted by macawiis weyne:

SALAAMA CALEYKUM EVERY BODY.

I REALY LOVE SISTERS WHO WEAR THEIR HIJAB BECAUSE OF THE FEAR THEY HAVE FOR ALLAH.

SAD TO SAY THIS BUT SOME SISTERS WEAR THE HIJAB IN A WAY THAT MAKES THEM LOOK LIKE ERICA BADU AND SOME OTHER BLACK KUFAAR SISTERS WITH HAVE SOME NASTY HAIR TO HIDE NA'MEAN.

WAZ WITH WEARING THE HIJAB LIKE A DO-RAG, I MEAN WHAT ARE YOU HIDING WHEN YOU DO THAT NA'MEAN. HIJAB IS SUPOST TO HIDE YOUR HAIR ALL THE WAY YOUR NECK AND YOUR CHEST.

First of all, anybody who speaks like you (and thinks as narrowly as you do) shouldn't be giving out Islamic advice to others. Whatever ajar you may have gained for your 'waano' has probably been cancelled out by your racist, bigoted words (and view).

Secondly, there's no one definition of a 'hijab', a woman can wear it anyway she wants as long as she's appropriately covered. So, exactly who are you to say how we should wear our hijab? Full of yourself aren't you? :rolleyes:

Thirdly, FYI, some Muslim girls have been wearing their Hijab that 'way' way before the 'kufaar' girls started wearing scarves. Moreover, your racist remarks towards Erica Badu and other black women are very offensive. If Erica Badu chooses to dress differently from the Western image of how a woman should dress, then she should be applauded for her effort, rather than looked-down on by the likes of you.

WHAT MAKES IT WORSE IS HOW SOME SISTERS WEAR THE HIJAB WITH SOME TIGHT CLOTHING.

TIGHT TOPS AND TIGHT GEENS.

This is a totally different topic. If you wanted to discuss tight clothes you should have said so, rather than slipping it in as an afterthought. :rolleyes:

AND TELLING PEOPLE THAT SHE WEARING HER HIJAB BECAUSE SHE FEARS ALAAH. I SAY B.S TO THAT CAUSE YOUR WEARING "HIJAB FOR STYLE". LETS FACE IT, HIJAB IS BEAUTIFUL AND KUFAARS JUST RELIZED THAT AND THATS WHY THEY ARE BUSTING IT. SO SISTERS IF Y'ALL GONNA WEAR HIJAB, DRESS LIKE A MUSLIM SISTER NOT LIKE ERICA BADU

Your ignorance is boundless. I can only shake my head at u. :(

Blessed   

woooooohoooooooo Barwaqo xagxagato!

Here's a cuppa mate... I believe you need it after all that 'cago dhigo' talk :D;)

I wear my hijaab masr-style. Hijaab is a personal matter between Allah and his creation. It is also a refelction of who you are and your level of piety. It isn't only about what you wear and how you wear it .... but your attitude.

Unfortunately, there are some sisters who wear a full-on scarf (i won't call it a hijaab) and still act trashy. And you have some who don't even cover up but have all the attitude!

Anyways, I am not here be-little the value of hijaab.... but it has its prequists and should only be done to please Allah.

Lets not disrespect each other.. after all our intention should only be to help ecah other achieve some good.

Let Allah be the judge!

Nazra   

Macawiis Weyne: I was shocked, and suprised to see what you wrote. I can't beleive this :eek: ,

who are u? to talk like this, even if these girls are to wear the hijab for fashion it's there business yet betta then some ppl who don't even to bother it with it.

The hijab is there for to be covered up not an staus of your beliefs, it's betta to be covered up then not be covered yet display low level of amen.

Hijab is an order, if she wears tight tops underneath, so what? what's wrong with it? and is she ads some style to it, wow! atleast she is still covered.

The hijab, doesn't mean :"u fear allah"...it's there to be covered, and maintain a high profile for yourself and do what's it's said as well as beliveing allah and staying on the right path.

Mujahida   

Alisomali pls don't take what the brother posted as a lie or bad. He just pointed out the truth to us sistas. I'm no where near the situation myself however i understand what he's saying.

Back to the topic

The Hijab in my view :

symbolizes “purity,” “modesty,” it's a “woman's Islamic identity,” and “obedience, or submission to ALLAH alone and a testament that you're Muslim.” I wear my Hijab alhamdulilah. In the best way I can and in the way I was told. It's not to impress others or to imitate anybody ..like erika badu style etc....! Why would you wanna do that anyway? Shouldn't one fear ALLAH and try to please him? Why try to imitate kafirs? SubhanAllah But what it all boils down to is me making a personal decision to increase my faith and become what I believe to be a better Muslim and not to belong to any group or any style of fashion!!

A Little of inspiration down here....enjoy it!!

I am a Muslim woman

Feel free to ask me why

When I walk

I walk with dignity

When I speak

I do not lie

I am a Muslim woman

Not all of me you'll see

But what you should appreciate

Is that the choice I make is free

I'm not plagued with depression

I'm neither cheated nor abused

I don't envy other women

And I'm certainly not confused

Note, I speak perfect English

Et un petit peu de Francais aussie

I'm majoring in Linguistics

So you need not speak slowly

I run my own small business

Every cent I earn is mine

I drive my Chevy to school & work

And no, that's not a crime!

You often stare as I walk by

You don't understand my veil

But peace and power I have found

As I am equal to any male!

I am a Muslim woman

So please don't pity me

For God has guided me to truth

And now I'm finally free!

Masalama & Much love & Respect to my fellow muhajabas!! smile.gif

LOL! BROTHER MACAWIIS I FEEL U ON THAT. THE POINT OF HIJAAB IS TO COVER U'RE SELF NOT TO SHOW OFF WITH. U'RE RIGHT.

I WEAR MY HIJAAB BUT THERE IS A CATCH TO MY HIJAAB WEAR. I HAVE NORAMAL COLOR HIJAABS BUT MOST OF THEM R NAMED BRAND HIJAABS. FOR EXAMPLE... THE ALLEN IVERSON LOGO, JORDAN,FUBU, AND ETC. BUT I DO NOT HAVE IT TIDED IN ANYWAY. THEY'RE JUST NAMED BRAND ONES. I AM NOT THOSES TYPE OF SISTAHS WHO WEAR DACAS OR SANDALS.... I AM INTO BASKETBALL SHOES...BOOTS (TIMS) I LIKE ANYTHING THAT IS NAME BRANDED AND CLOSE TOES.

I HOPE U KNOW WHAT I MEAN. JAZAKALLAHU KHAYRAN.

YO SISTAH IN ISLAM....SD

Salamu Alaykum to ya all!

I am really glad that you all discussing about something which is very relevent to the Muslim Youth these days!

Hijjab is something That Allah (SWT) had revealed in his Holly Quran,,it says "O prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to drawn thier Cloaks (veils) all over thier bodies. That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. and Allah is ever oft-forgiving, Most merciful.

So sisters who wear the Hijjab well done to you! and the sisters who doesn't its never being too late,,,all human beings make mistakes and the best ones are the ones who repent to Alah (SWT)

My your Intellectual journey towards the TRUTH be a pleasant one…Ameen

We hope that Allah (SWT) will make our efforts successful and Bless all of us Abundantly Ameen Ameen Ameen Your brother in Islam Abdifattah