Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Hargeisa City

Saalax   

Now lady you are being disrespectful don't bring the president's macawiis into the discussion. :D

Jkes aside, if what you claim is true. You should refer Somaliland to its rightful name (Somaliland) or even

SNM is more respectful than Waqooyi, which is simply a region within Somaliland

(Waqooyi galbeed).

XX and Salaax,

inanta abti baa loo yahay....ee ka qaleeya. waa idii sidee, yaa? :mad:

holy land of elite league members saddex ka xeeran....ee sida uula soco....:cool:;)

I like safferz she is a smart young lady although i disagree with her on her love for Oromos and the words she picks when she is discussing Somaliland related issues. But woman are always treated well by the xaaji

Safferz   

I used the name Somaliland consistently throughout this thread, and I said north in the context of stability in the Somali peninsula, which I have no problem doing because it's accurate geographically. But I am deeply ambivalent about Somaliland, even with my family roots... I see it as a de facto state that is already independent as is, and that the focus on recognition is simply the elite detracting its people from more pressing issues. I also don't like a lot of the ideological components of "Somaliland nationalism," like the insulting language directed towards fellow Somalis in the south as well as the distortion of Somali history, which is why I took issue with your posts and XX's posts in the previous thread.

I don't really want to get into a discussion about this though, it's off topic and it's why I left the other thread. But my point is that Hargeisa is my home, and there is no need to dismiss my position or question my background because I don't agree with you.

I also don't like a lot of the ideological components of "Somaliland nationalism," like the insulting language directed towards fellow Somalis in the south as well

This goes both ways the koonfurians deny Somaliland and its right to exist thus they get a reaction, action reaction its not based on Somaliland nationalism to dislike the koonfurians , when the future relations between Somalia and Somaliland become normal there is no need for tensions. Somaliland has no problem with other speaking Somali people like Djibouti Somali galbeed region, Kenya's north eastern Somali province. All is well its just koonfurians and their dislike for Somaliland.

Saalax   

Ok very well. Although I disagree with your claim that the desire of recognition is driven by the elite.

Since Friday is approaching let's all relax as elite league members at the sight of our ancestral

holy land.

P3ZVWop.jpg

Safferz   

Since this is a Hargeisa thread, let me re-post some of my photos from last summer :) I'm hoping I can squeeze in a short visit again this year, since I will be in Ethiopia for a research trip.

575263_10150878548333895_1080069314_n.jp

560444_10150878546563895_928579753_n.jpg

398347_10150878631238895_1206453265_n.jp

292142_10150878554758895_1412541755_n.jp

556196_10150878551743895_1642371709_n.jp

485726_10150879353873895_176782256_n.jpg

576653_10150903571433895_327269143_n.jpg

555204_10150903559873895_1267618607_n.jp

149296_10150892431408895_704753948_n.jpg

Saalax   

Nice pictures. Where are the green fields located shown in those pictures? Looks like Ubaale or Gabiley.

Saalax   

You don't have to be a superhero to be part of an elite league. Elite = simply the best - the cream

of the crop of the SNM society.

Safferz   

Saalax;948069 wrote:
Nice pictures. Where are the green fields located shown in those pictures? Looks like Ubaale or Gabiley.

Yes, it's some land we own in Ubaale :)

I actually caught the goats standing on top of the car at one point, but I couldn't get my camera out fast enough before some kids shooed them off lol.

Saalax   

Reer Ubaale are your reer abti miya which makes me your distance abti from the far east in Sanaag/Sool.

It is not uncommon to see Somaliland goats on top of cars, some even can claim thin walls. Arabic mountain goats

are something else though.

PM3k496.jpg