Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Hargeisa City

When I was there I fell in love with this city. The weather is simply mesmorising, there is this permanent light breeze that is very soothing and gives this city an aura of tranquility.

It is also a relatively large city that has a unique character of having a 'metropolis' feel to it whilst maintaining a semblance of 'country' comfort. Waking up to the noise and hustle and bustle of Hargeisa and going to bed late at night with the city still roaring, full of energy - in that respect it reminded me of Dubai, the 24/7 city.

Hargeysaay, waa inoo mustaqbalka ! :D

BOB   

Nice pictures, impressive looking Masjid Maasha Allah. keep them coming and don't forget to throw in few pictures of the affordable Hotels meeshu waan usoo socdaaye.

Peace, Love & Unity.

OdaySomali;788988 wrote:
When I was there I fell in love with this city. The weather is simply mesmorising, there is this permanent light breeze that is very soothing and gives this city an aura of tranquility.

It is also a relatively large city that has a unique character of having a 'metropolis' feel to it whilst maintaining a semblance of 'country' comfort. Waking up to the noise and hustle and bustle of Hargeisa and going to bed late at night with the city still roaring, full of energy - in that respect it reminded me of Dubai, the 24/7 city.

yes this is true! i can confirm this.

Carafaat;796770 wrote:
Give me Burco any day.

Betta prepare your sunglasses (read goggles)... extra large if possible. Boodh weyn is an understatement, for real... indhotir guaranteed!

Blessed   

Watch it Mr. Burco boodhkeedii wuu dagay. LOL.

I do agree, the hustle and madness are Hargaisa's charm. Just loved doing simple things like going to the suuq, waa meel qosol iyo xaraabo aad ka dhargaysid. Burco and Berbera were quieter in comparison but have to say Berbera got my heart, just loved the mellow nature of Berbera city and it's inhabitants, coastal Somalis are made of a different matter, ma istidhi?... that's where I place my mustaqbal.

BOB   

For some reason I've always been 'in love' with Berbera. Now I haven't even seen a picture of the city and yet I can see myself settling there and going to the beach for a walk every evening while I watch the disappearance of the sun below the horizon! Oooh Kismayo, my beloved Kismayo...please forgive me if I never manage to see you again.

Peace, Love & Unity.

faarah22   

what an ugly third world town ( you can't call this a city, huge slum in all but name). there does not seem to be any definite sense of order or structure about this place, but rather mish mash of dwellings here and there erected at fancy and without any proper planning. then there is sheer monstrousness of the buildings themselves, why put tiles on facades, somalis it seems have a congenital love for the hideous.

beautiful city indeed,nice scenery,all it needs proper roads not sure if fixed,last time been there was 5yrs.don't like whinning mosquitoes thou harmless.given anotha 5yrs & it be huge.

Feeling like i should just drop everything and get on the first flight out of here after watching these videos. Berbera has incredible light its as everything is in HD, and the sky is to die for. Tired of the concrete jungle:(

Archmedos, isn't that first video of rain and 2 girls in Hargeysa from Jigjiga Yar neighborhood (near the roads, down the hill)?

The author of that youtube video even filmed Arabsiyo outside Hargeysa, a kind of resort town and a "famillial hometown" of mine.

Let's hope it does not turn into a "concrete jungle" indeed and the construction extravagance & environmental degradation are controlled.