Sign in to follow this  
Wadani

Finding good Somali girls for Marriage, impossible?

Bess.   

DoctorKenney;933257 wrote:
People change.

I've seen Somali girls who were ignorant and intolerable people with low morals when they were 20 years old, but when they're 28 it's like they're a whole different person. The Somali sister has now stopped going to the clubs, became more religious, she is now more cultured, and her experiences have made her into a mature Somali lady. She would be excellent for marriage.

People change, and I'm sure I can say the same for Somali men as well. So if you find a young Somali girl and you don't like something about her personality, perhaps you could help change her and she could help make you into a better person as well...

I don't know about this "shortage" you speak of. There's no shortage of marriageable Somali women. In fact there's a surplus.

If as you say "there's a surplus" of them why bother changing her, she is obviously not the one for u. A young woman is not a piece of clay u mold to suit u, or make u better, if there is something a man needs to change about himself as an adult its his responsibility to make himself a better man. Marriage is about growing together and finding the best in each other. The best married people complement and complete each other, they change together as they grow as individuals and as a couple in their relationship.

Bess.;933725 wrote:
If as you say "there's a surplus" of them why bother changing her, she is obviously not the one for u. A young woman is not a piece of clay u mold to suit u, or make u better, if there is something a man needs to change about himself as an adult its his responsibility to make himself a better man. Marriage is about growing together and finding the best in each other. The best married people complement and complete each other, they change together as they grow as individuals and as a couple in their relationship.

You should read carefully what I wrote instead of jumping on criticisms. First of all, it's the responsibility of every Muslim to constantly improve himself as a person. That's why I said in my paragraph that:

So if you find a young Somali girl and you don't like something about her personality, perhaps you could help change her
and she could help make you into a better person as well

Look at the underlined part. If you actually read that, then you wouldn't even have wrote that response to me. You could help change your wife, and she could help change you as well. Constantly improve yourself

Second of all, no person is perfect. If you think that you're able to find that "wonderful and perfect" spouse then you're mistaken

Bess.   

I stand by my statement...I DID ACTUALLY read it. I don't recall that I mentioned anything about perfection, other than to perhaps suggest that u should not be starting a relationship with someone with a personality u don't like. I have also mentioned the improvement of oneself...so I guess pot and kettle and all that.

Ps...Spouses personalities do not change much over time. Who you marry today, will be similar in disposition tomorrow. There have been studies to proof that as we grow older, we become more set in our ways. Indeed, adult personalities are known to be less flexible than those of children. The person u marry will not change in a significant way, it's best to choose a person u r compatible with to begin with!

Wadani   

Bess.;933725 wrote:

Adna goormaad nagu soo aakhiro toostay? :D

Bess.   

Was I supposed to announce my return?

I guess I wanted to return the same way I left without any fireworks:cool:

Btw...thanx.

NGONGE   

Rahima;932333 wrote:
So sweet- Coofle are you fully Somali?

Have you not seen the tell-tale signs, Rahima. Brother Coofle is a newly married man. Farxadi ayaa wali ku jirta. :D

(but he's on the right track nonetheless).

Malika   

^Between him and Val, they have restored hope for the institution called marriage - newly wed are just cute..lol, Allah haa uu siyadiyoo farxada iyo raxmada..

underdog   

Malika and Ngonge,

this thread was for singles, you guys are talking about newly weds and marital bliss. Feelings are being hurt.

Give em a break.