Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

Somali wedding parties

Miriam1   

Plus you don't need to spend that much on a great wedding - max $6000 - that could easily include everything from the hall, dress&accessories, food and transportation. At the end of the day its the people there that make it special - and what's more lovely than having an intimate wedding with your closest family/friends.

Juxa   

Hmmmmm@bob. Aragaane and I don't even want an invite meeshan joogo kaga soo duceynaa insha Allah

I just think it is all about personal preference and the only person one should have this convo is your intended

Taleexi   

It is case by case.....And people aint in the same social strata but please, strive modesty coupled with moderation ... anigaa beri iska waalay oo wixii iga raacay waaba la ogaa :)

it depends on the woman your marrying. a stup!d one will cost you 1000s of dollars, a smart woman with a long vision and love, will cost you less or maybe nothing. Never marry a woman who want to burn your money while our ppl are sarving, its just immoral.

STOIC   

It all depends on what you can afford but yes moderation and restraint is needed.I regret mine was on upper end it was really unnecesary especially three occasions.The reception broke my back and all I got today in my house is three dvd's and profesionally done photos.Allow na cafii......

Yunis   

^I feel you - imagine the big dent in the wallet for just being out of school and then indulging into meaningless extravagant wedding. but no regrets here, cuz I made sure the second wife is home delivered literally to offset the previous lavish expenditure.

Garnaqsi   
I agree with Blessed. You're certainly entitled to make a fuzz on your big day, but just make sure you can afford it! If you spend the little you've or run into debt you might end up like that couple in the play 'Beeney Waa Run' and you really don't want that to happen!

raula   

Moonlight walaalo..it takes two to tango..so he's probably dumber than her..if he agrees to such..

BOB....adi iyo 'trust me'lol..then you continue to say no promises..& then you drop it..."I will take her to places never seen...yada yada.."

STOIC....I hope your regrets have been superseded by the beautiful, wonderful bride/wife/spouse/companion you've got..we all learn from mistakes..at least you like/love each other & are happy to support each other.

On the note...I got a friend who's doing a dinner party for close friends of both the bride & groom. I don't think it will cost even more than $500 max. Way to go gal.

STOIC   

Raula, asante dada....ni kweli cha umuhimu ni pendo..Maisha lazima iwe Safi kati ya wanaotaka jenga familia kinginecho si muhimu......

BOB   

Juxa;784990 wrote:
Hmmmmm@bob. Aragaane and I don't even want an invite meeshan joogo kaga soo duceynaa insha Allah

I just think it is all about personal preference and the only person one should have this convo is your intended

Juxa, First and foremost Xaal aan kaa rabaa for REFUSING to come to my wedding and I’m offended by your statement because waa ogtahay qofka ugu horreeya oo aan invite gareenaayo inaa adiga tahay marka xaal aan kaa rabaa ee Xaajiyo Xalwo iga gar bax hadii kale meesha waa lagu kala tagaa oo tolnimo iyo qaraabanimo naga dhexeyneeso mar dambe ma jirto.

raula;785184 wrote:
BOB....adi iyo 'trust me'lol..then you continue to say no promises..& then you drop it..."I will take her to places never seen...yada yada.."

Yeah I like saying ‘Trust me’ and I write exactly how I talk so yeah you got me. There are certain things that a man doesn’t need to promise his wife but rather come naturally like loving her, respecting her, being kind to her, taking care of her and taking her to an exotic place for the honeymoon falls under this category as that’s something she’ll remember as long as she lives but I cannot and won’t promise no one no moon or sky because that’s unrealistic and a big lie.

PS. Of course I'd take her to a place where no Faarax or Xaliimo has ever been to...trust me.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Chimera   

We Somali Kings should continue this tradition of giving our Queens the best of the best, in the form of an amazing celebration, but it should not come at the expense of the kingdom itself. Its highly important that there is enough gold in the treasury to maintain a nice warm Palace and to sustain a joyful childhood for the future princes and princesses. If your Queen wishes to impress other royal wives and maidens from other kingdoms with the grandness of her wedding, a wise King should point out; that those who invested their fortune towards the harmony of their palace, as well as into the fruits of commerce were the kingdoms longevity cherished above all.

Aaliyyah   

On the note...I got a friend who's doing a dinner party for close friends of both the bride & groom. I don't think it will cost even more than $500 max. Way to go gal.

Raula, actually I plan the same except I would include the family too lol...walahi i guess at some point you grew up or caqli ba ku kordha. I always dreamed about walking down the isle with my farah and all the fuss lmao..but lately not so much!..

salaam

Aaliyyah   

loooooooooool im actually rather happy. Nothing sad about it :)...the cheaper your wedding is the more barakah it gets. Thats the best lesson I can learn from all that I observe around me...crazy weddings and divorce the next day...take notes Adam lol..

salaam

Chimera   

I'm glad you're content, I remember you as a girl with adorable dreams and now you're a dignified woman doing away with childish things, I get it. I just recommend that you still demand a lavish wedding, and motivate the Farah into saving money. You could tell him eventually that you are okay with a small wedding but instead would like that money invested in a specific business, with you owning half. With 25k you can open a successful shop with 50k you can open two, etc and live comfortably.