Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

What lessons has life taught you ? / your life 'philosophy'

Reeyo   

OdaySomali;980300 wrote:
Learn to not worry about and have a nonchelant attitude to those things you cannot control.

This is one I am struggling with at the moment. What if I don't worry enough and change never comes about because of my attitude??

I've feeling I am going to learn it the hard, which is also a worry!

YoniZ   

I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. –Michael Jordan

I can relate to that one :)

Reeyo;980538 wrote:
This is one I am struggling with at the moment. What if I don't worry enough and change never comes about because of my attitude??

I've feeling I am going to learn it the hard, which is also a worry!

Reeyo if it is something you cannot control, you shouldn't worry about it, because you have to realise it is something you cannot control, yes the consequences from it impact you, but it is beyond your control. So why worry about it? Instead of worrying about it, it is far more productive to take precation and pre-emptive action to deal with the potential consequences of the event that was not your doing. I admit, I do struggle with this one too.

Some people will pretend to be helping you, but in reality they just want a better seat to watch you suffer. I used to hear the phrase: "better the devil you know". How true that is.

Don't depend on too much for anyone even you own shadow leaves you in the darkness.

Life is short and everyone is running if you succeed for anything try to run and run with it and never look back..

Alpha Blondy;991992 wrote:
lakinse, isn't it better to rely on yourself?

There is a difference between being reliant on others, and using their knowledge, experience and minds in a manner complementary to your own, without becoming reliant.

If its something you cannot avoid, do it straight away sooner rather than later, because before you know it something else will come along and suddenly you will have too much on your plate.

Coofle   

<cite>
said:</cite>

If its something you cannot avoid, do it
straight away
sooner rather than later, because before you know it something else will come along and suddenly you will have too much on your plate.

In short somali terms (((Waxaanad hurayn horaa laga yeelaa))))

Never complain to someone whose situation you do not know, for they may well be facing severe hardships and problems of which you are not aware. May Allah help us.

Never complain to someone whose situation you do not know, for they may well be facing severe hardships and problems of which you are not aware. May Allah help us.

Be grateful for what you do have, instead of being ungrateful for what you don't have.

Life is precious. Time is precious. Experiences, memories and achievements are precious. And everything can be taken away in a moment, in a flash. So live life to the fullest and make a conscious effort to enjoy and be engaged in the present; don't live just for tomorrow or for a futurity that may never come.