Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

What lessons has life taught you ? / your life 'philosophy'

Avoid people who cannot control or manage their anger because, as 'good'/intelligent/skilled/loyal they may be, they are bomb waiting to explode and in the end will turn out to be a definite liability.

Don't entangle yourself in other people's personal affairs/relationships, even if they are the very closest of people. People will be dishonest, manipulative and disingenuous to get their way in matters partaining to love. "Of all that is known, half is hidden".

<cite>
said:</cite>

Avoid people who cannot control or manage their anger because, as 'good'/intelligent/skilled/loyal they may be, they are bomb waiting to explode and in the end will turn out to be a definite liability.

To add more:

- There are some people who always seem angry and continuously look for conflict. Walk away the battle they are fighting isn't with you it is with themselves.

- Anger is nothing more then an outward expression of hurt fear and frustration.

- Explain your anger don't express it and you will immediately open the door to solutions instead of arguments.

- Sometimes the wrong choices bring us to the right places.

- Sometimes we just need to distance ourselves from people. If they care they will notice. If they don't we know where we stand.

- Sometimes you miss the memories not the person.

I periodically come back to this thread and I'm just amazed at the wisdom contained within it. I sometimes wonder if I'm getting less intelligent as the years go on.

<cite>

You win some, you lose some. You can't win them all. But when you
are
winning, take it and run with it.
Because you may come across a time when your wins are far and few between.

Currently my wins are far and few between, so I'm holding on the my past wins in the hope that they will carry me through.

<cite>

In the face of adversity, fight and fight and fight. Even when the battle seems unwinnable, perservere. For if you do not even attempt to fight and do not perservere, you shall never overcome. And if you do not fight for yourself and for others in the persuance of justice, who will? If you lose - and sometimes you will lose - do not let the defeat define you. Instead, let the defeat wash over you. Learn from it, grow from it and then move on from it.

Gosh, I was eloquent and articulate wasn't I... even if I say so myself. I wonder where I found the inspiration back then.

<cite>

Some people will pretend to be helping you, but in reality they just want a better seat to watch you suffer. I used to hear the phrase: "better the devil you know". How true that is.

Recently I failed epically. Suddenly I found myself awash with phone-calls and text messages of people wanting to know "how I was". The above quote immediately came to mind. They all wand a better seat...

Practice gratefulness everyday. Account for every one of your blessings, achievements and successes, both past and present. You will come to realise that in some ways you are blessed and highly favoured, as each and everyone of us is.

<cite>

Practice gratefulness everyday. Account for every one of your blessings, achievements and successes, both past and present. You will come to realise that in some ways you are blessed and highly favoured, as each and everyone of us is.

Agreed! Gratefulness opens the door to abundance and happiness.

said:

Recently I failed epically. Suddenly I found myself awash with phone-calls and text messages of people wanting to know "how I was". The above quote immediately came to mind. They all wand a better seat...

sorry to hear that Oday. inshallah kheyr. you will get through this, im sure of it.