Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Do You Have This Problem? or Know of a Victim Who Does?

Viking   

Character assasination? I cannot relate to it in any way. I haven't been a victim and don't know anyone who's been afflicted by this malady, atleast not since my teen years.

Blessed   

Nur brother,

That is true. Sometimes people that you expect not have any enmity towards a certain person, speak wrongly of them.

For example, I've observed times where many scholars get bashed quiet alot, more so by Muslims. Sad, really. :(

juba   

interesting topic!!

as has been mentioned by baashi, i believe gossip and backstabbing is human nature and NO ONE can deny ever doing it. it is a hard habit to break esspecialy if you are angry at someone who has done you wrong. You can't blame someone spreading a rumor about someone who did the same. but i know, you can't right wrong with wrong.

i don't know about you, but have noticed that gossip is a big problem among somali women and to lesser degree men. i see it all the time in weddings and other get togethers.

overall, gossip is usually spurred by jealousy, hate,anger and mostly a harmless slip of the tongue.

Raxmah   

Nur

Thanx for starting such a valuable topic. Xanta is something most of us dont realize how much it can hurt us, before we even think about the persons character they are trying to defame.

Only if we knew that everytime we backbitted, we are eating the flesh of that person.

At one time, the Prophet was visited by two fasting women who were dying of thirst. Initially the prophet refused to help them, but eventually, he said to one of the women to vomit into a bowl. She did, and out came a mixture of vomit, blood, pus and half-digested pieces of flesh. He asked the other woman to do the same, and a similar thing happened. When the Prophet saw this, he said: ``Verily, these women have fasted from what Allah has made Halaal and broke their fast on what Allah has made Haraam. They spent their fast eating the flesh of others.''

Like the others above mentioned it's a bad habit and hard to break away from.

On character assasination, I have noticed no matter how hard you try, there will be people who will not like you... so chances are people will say negative, untrue things abt you.. I try not to judge from what i hear from people.

Nur   

Juba

you write "overall, gossip is usually spurred by jealousy, hate,anger and mostly a harmless slip of the tongue."

Great analyses, a slip of the tongue is more damaging than a slip of the feet, the latter brakes bones, but the the slip of the tongue can break up a relationship, a marriage, a nation like ours.

Nur

Thanx brother Nur for posting this great topic, I appreciate indeed. I would like to respond to brother Caaqil about the issue he raised pertaining to the confrence that took place in Sweden where the so-called wadaad stood to criticise the entire Wadaado for just not participating the process of integration.

I would say first any criticism should not be accepted if it wasn't meant to correct anything, but defame and throw some discouraging remarks to others. I have seen many people accusing the Somali wadaado just because they haven't done anything constructive for the people. I think those people share one thing in common, and that is an envious personality. They like to criticise every body, especially the well meaning people.

And I believe those people shouldn't be regarded as sane ones, because only psychotic people as well as the Gaalo can delibarately do that. Yes, indeed that happened to our prophet, (scw). His time, there were people who used even to fabricate things over him, just to assassinate his immaculate personality and prophethood. And that is exactly what is taken place every where today.

Raxmah that was scary..those two ladies vomiting the flesh of those whom they have talked behind their backs.

but what if someone says something that is true about a person..isn't that also xan? what about you see someone who is very fat in a mall and you say something similiar to this.."oh god he/she is way too fat"

Nur   

Maymouna sis

Yes, its Xan! best words to say in a mall is the Dhiker of Allah, not the bad Dhiker of people.

Nur

Som@li   

Great topic, i believe other than proper understning of Diin,pple sometimes backbite,gossip etc because they are bored and have nothing to do.If all thse people were engaged in activities, the problem of Xan,Character assasination, would reduce dramaticly.

Kuu sheekeeye,Kaa sheekeeye,Ha la sheekaysan, next someone comesup with Xan abt another person, be direct and tell tim/him,i don't wanna hear.

"I'll pass" hasn't happened to me or atleast I think it hasn't.................but I know people talk about people when they're not around for sure sometimes good things sometimes bad are said.

Before saying anything bad or exposing someone even if they have faults true or not is think about if all those people you lied about chasing and pointing at you on Judgmentdaythats scary........with those mean faces saying " You lied, You lied, ruined my life, and who knows maybe billions of people looking at you ( Are people gonna see you when you're being Judged Nur????????) hear you're faults and everything what if it was "played on a screen for everyone to watch staghfurallah) I mean who knows.

"Backbiting and Gossiping are from the most vilest and despicable of things, yet the most widely spread amongst mankind, such that no one is free from it except for a few people."

--------I think this is soo true------------- :eek:

People that backbite are trying to expose the imperfections of others to cover up their own shame. Often people who backbite lack character, self-esteem, and generally lack social skills. They are often jealous of the person they’re talking about, and by exposing or making things about them that are untrue, they somehow feel powerful. It’s also a cheap thrill and it gives them a sense of power momentarily. I think those who hide the shame of others are noble, and their shames will be hidden on the Day of Judgment.

THIS IS A LOAD OB BOLLOCKS

YOU SEE SOMEONE LIKE THAT DONT GIVE THEM THE TIME OF THE DAY

IGNORE WHAT THEY SAY WHEN SOMEONE GIVES YOU THE WEIRD LOOKS LAUGH AT THEM

TIME IS ON YOUR SIDE AND HE WHO PLANS AND EXCECUTES EVIL WILL EVENTUALLY SEE THAT EVIL TURN ON THEM.

Nur   

Warrior of Light

Xanta in Somali language is gossip, False Accusation aka (Character assasination) is Buhtaan, or " Been ku Abuurasho" in Somali.

Nur