Sign in to follow this  
Keyz 1-8-7

Official Champions League thread - 2007/2008

NGONGE   

^^^ Teams from the same country can't face each other at this stage, saaxib. It will either be Milan, Barca, Madrid or Seville (same for Arsenal but they get Porto instead of Seville).

I think I'll go to Tayo on Sunday. No point watching such a big game at home. :D

NGONGE   

^^ They have a new place next door (for the younger people allegedly). That one shows the game. I hate going to that area to be honest but I have to watch the game in a crowd and pubs are out.

Can't you make a doctor's appointment for Sunday and never go? :D

N.O.R.F   

GPs are open until late here saxib. You should know that. That and the Dentist is out of the question.

The place next door to Tayo is the 'greenery' is it not? :D

Celtic v Barcelona

Lyon v Manchester United

Schalke v Porto

Liverpool v Inter Milan

Roma v Real Madrid

Arsenal v AC Milan

Olympiakos v Chelsea

Fenerbahce v Sevilla

Opinions?

nuune   

Celtic v Barcelona

Lyon v Manchester United

Schalke v Porto

Liverpool v Inter Milan

Roma v Real Madrid

Arsenal v AC Milan

Olympiakos v Chelsea

Fenerbahce v Sevilla

Easy for da Pools smile.gif

PS: feel sowie 4 Youngester(Arsens) and da Mafias(Chelsikvovich), United also in deep trouble

BOB   

Nuune...Inter will skin you alive...I guarantee you this...Liverpool never faced tougher opponents than Inter...forget about Barca...last year with better strikers you could've thrashed them but Inter? they have the toughest defense in Europe and oh yeah they are the only UNBEATEN team in European top league. Inter to go through.

Barca to beat Celtic.

Chelsea over Olympiakos.

Man Utd over Lyon.

Real Madrid over Roma.

Fenerbahce over Seville.

Porto over Schalke.

Arsenal over Milan.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Fabregas   

I fancy the pace of Arsenal youngsters against the odayaal of AC Milan, that is, if Flamini can man mark and handle Kaka. I fancy Arsenal's pace especially in the last 15 minutes or so when Milan's old legs will tire....

A.J.   

GJ,

Flamini handle Kaka? what planet are you living on brother. Flamini is a decent player but come on you are talking about the best player in the world who has destroyed the best defences in the world. i realy cant see arsenal containing Milan but this is the Champions League and if arsenal turn up on the night they could give Milan a right hiding

My team the mighty blues of west london have got a decent draw against the greek boys of Olympiacos but like i said before this is the champions league so chelsea will need to be aware of their oposition and maintain our decent form for the rest of the season

Skipper   

Whatever the united, arsenal or chelsea fans want us to believe recent history suggests that liverpool are the only english team capable of going far in the champions league.

Fabregas   

A.J, AC Milan are not in the form that they have been in the last couple of years. I watched them against Inter Milan and they had nothing special.In fact one the commentators said they simply wanted to pass the ball to Kaka and let him something magical. So I do fancy Arsenal to beat Milan. Arsenal have beaten Inter Milan and Roma in the past and this time if they go @ Milan with total pace like Liverpool did during the second half of the champions league final,then Milan will concede goals. But if they succumb to Ac Milan'game, ie to slow down the game and attempt to snatch a goal via Inzaghi or Kaka, then it's their game for the talking.

A.J.   

GJ,

you are right about Milan not being in form right now but i would like to point that the champions league is not necessarily about form. i mean take liverpool's champions league winning campaign of 2005. in the group stages liverpool were not great to say the least and their league form at the time was inept to be kind. however after their brilliant win against olympiacos all of that went out of the book. from then on liverpool were able to turn on every night that they had to perform including a night in which thet beat my beloved blues. how did that sudden change occur? well i believe it is knack that both liverpool and Milan have which is they turn up on the biggest nights of European football. Now arsenal showed glimpses of that in 2006 themselves but that seemed to be the exception rather the rule.

All i am saying is that Milan will turn up with their A game when it really matters (and believe you me this tie against arsenal certainly counts as that) and i dont arsenal are capable of always doing that.

Peace