Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Somaliland goverment should read and study Khaatuma and then negoitiate with Khaatuma leadership

Carafaat   

Just watched the mass rallies and demo's held across Somaliland on its nationhood. Many SL politicians with hollow and empty speeches opposing Khaatumo and declaring SL nationhood sacred.

I wonder if any of them has actually read the conference outcomes, declarations, its decsision making structure's, mandate on diffrent topics, etc. Most what I seen sounded quite reasonable. And I am sure if they study Khaatumo, they could come to an agreement on many diffrent issue's. And some issue's, like military presence, they would not agree upon. But on the most important issue for the people water, education, health, enviroment and how aid agencies can work effectively in the region, they can find easily common ground.

But knowing the both waqooyi communities, their ignorance, stubbordness, and myi culture. I am sure they first call for war, make a lot of hanjaabad, then fight and when there are some casualties they sing and call for PEACE. Coming back to the beginning of the cycle with no sustainable solutions.

I wonder, can we do it for once diffrently and talk before one fights?

Think before one talks?

Read before one declare?

President silaanyos government is willing to talk he said his door is always open for talks let the khaatumo people accept the peace talks if they are really interested in talks. Keep in mind carafaat khaatumo is one section of the garaad clan than there are the ssc group xaglotoosiye. Let's see how it goes.

Carafaat   

So what. The Minister of Interior should go to Taleex and sit down with those folks rather then hold cheap speeches in Hargysa. Pathetic and hollow talk wont solve anything!

Dervish   

As long as somaliland is pushing for separation the people of khaatumo want nothing to do with somaliland. Point blank it's not very hard to understand

Carafaat   

Dervish;778140 wrote:
As long as somaliland is pushing for separation the people of khaatumo want nothing to do with somaliland. Point blank it's not very hard to understand

Looool. Belief me they will talk. Even Somaliland will talk with Somalia. If not now, they will after fights, war and the usual crying about suffering.

Everyone talks, jews and palestinians, onlf and Ethiopians. And somali's will talk, mabye after some crying.

Farmaraa   

Carafaat, I can't agree you more !!! The Somaliland leaders should undersand that war is not the answer.Both communities -Somaliland and Khatumo need to live peace side by side and they must come up with peaceful sulotion.

Khatumo wants peace, self determination and Somali unity for their regions not more or less. I think Khatumo people said loud and clear million times they want have a peace and respect relationship with thier neigthbors includling SL.

I wonder why our brothers and sisters in Hargeisa and Burco could not undersand that the Outcome and Declaration of talex conference was the basic principle in human right that people have the right to freely choose their own.

Abdul   

Xaaji Xunjuf;778133 wrote:
President silaanyos government is willing to talk he said his door is always open for talks let the khaatumo people accept the peace talks if they are really interested in talks. Keep in mind carafaat khaatumo is one section of the garaad clan than there are the ssc group xaglotoosiye. Let's see how it goes.

Stop lying saaxib,Xagla Toosiye doesnt have any group under him today.He is on his own and isolated.The community is united and if there is any talks,it will be about removing your snm militia from their land.

Carafaat   

Farmaraa;778181 wrote:
Carafaat, I can't agree you more !!! The Somaliland leaders should undersand that war is not the answer.Both communities -Somaliland and Khatumo need to live peace side by side and they must come up with peaceful sulotion.

Khatumo wants peace, self determination and Somali unity for their regions not more or less. I think Khatumo people said loud and clear million times they want have a peace and respect relationship with thier neigthbors includling SL.

I wonder why our brothers and sisters in Hargeisa and Burco could not undersand that the Outcome and Declaration of talex conference was the basic principle in human right that people have the right to freely choose their own.

Agreed. They should talk. Cant understand this little narrow minded politicians who always do the same gigs and numbers for the crowds.

If I had the opportunity, I would go to Taleex, to Garowe, to Moqdishu, to Asmara. Heck I would even go to Tel Aviv and Jeruzalem, if it was for the well being of my people and for the common good. Even just a simple photo opportunity would give people a diffrent perspective and make end to these old vieuws of self created political enemies and change it to good friends with slight diffrence in political idea's.

I understand only one thing...the signaturies of the clan elders of eastern Sool in 1991 that stated Somaliland has ended the union with Somalia....you cant flip flop its against common sense and legality...why sign and then change...we dont do Somali law...once signed its signed..

Less than 30,000 people can't destroy or hijack 4 million somalilanders.If they wanted their few villages they should have stated so,but they didn't & embarked on a sinister campaign to claim much more than theirs which only reinforced the idea that they didn't mean separation after all but destruction of the state. Many times I pleaded here in SOL to stay with their territory & demand only what's theirs to no avail.Not a single one responded.You should have expected them to say,"all we want is what's ours",but instead they turned a deaf ear.AS most of us know it's a crusade to eliminate SL but the reversal of that damn treacherous road could well send shock waves around taleex diasporas.

Carafaat   

The Hermet;778285 wrote:
I understand only one thing...the signaturies of the clan elders of eastern Sool in 1991 that stated Somaliland has ended the union with Somalia....you cant flip flop its against common sense and legality...why sign and then change...we dont do Somali law...once signed its signed..

there is one Law universal in Somalia. The Clan Law, that law says everything is clan. Signatures in 1991 dont mean shit.