Sign in to follow this  
somalee

Your 5 most prominent Somalis in history

peasant   

^ ma kula tahay in ciyaalka wax toogta listigooda la hayo

? kuwaas bulshada laguma dhex sidayn karo hadii wadanka nabad noqdo

Maaddeey   

Haa, nimaan cabsan waa loo cabsadaa! :D

Ninkaan wuxuu aaminsanyahay in loo xiro aad bay u qaldantahay sxb, yuu wax ka halleeyey?.

Sensei   

Yahuuda nooh, lool. Maadeey, stop playing, the man is obviously crazy and racist. Halees ka badan maa jira halahaas ? Waali iyo cunsurinimo hadee iskugu kaa darsantay, waa in lagu xiro.

Raamsade   

Adan Cabdulle - The best democratically elected Somali president ever. The best ex-Somali president ever. The man embodied all the good qualities we expect from a national leader: integrity, fairness, honesty, open-mindedness, humility (a rare trait for a Somali), competence, moderation, inspiration, etc. When ultimately defeated in the 1967 elections he peacefully stepped down setting a standard not only for Somalis but for the rest of black Africa.

Maxamed Siyaad Barre - The greatest secular Somali leader. The only Somali leader with the fortitude to take on Wadaad bullies excuting 14 of 'em and forcing the rest to literally perform break-dancing for him while singing "Guulwade Siyaad." A true stalwart of Somali secularism who saw the dangers religious bullies pose to the very existence of Somalis as we're sadly witnessing now and saw the importance of strong secular state as an antidote to medieval madness of Wadaads.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali - The most beautiful Somali woman alive today. I'm in love with everything about this woman. Her gorgeous cheeks bones, sumptuous lips, ensnaring eyes, heart-warming smile, majestic gait, small waist atop nicely rounded hips. Plus she's super smart..

Dr. Hawi Abdi - For her unselfish, tireless efforts to help the less fortunate Somalis in the face of daunting obstacles.

Liibaan Gaaxnuug - The mastermind of the biggest raid on neighbouring clan in Somali history capturing 200 camels, 300 goats and sheep and 50 cows. The man was the best distillation of Somalinimo.

Maadeey Quote

1) Mohamed Ahmed Roble 'Boqolsoon' (AUN)

2) Adam Cayroow (AUN)

3) Abdiqasim Salad Xassan

4) Xalima Khaliif Magool (AUN)

5) Xassan Adam Samatar

5 out of 5 from your sub sub clan

Wallee qabiiliiste inaad tahay ku gabanayo diin inaad is sheegtay, The mask has fallen sxb.

Haatu   

Nice lists.

Here's mine:

1- Axmed Gurey

2- Sayid Maxamed

3- Aaden Cadde

4- Raage Ugaas

5- Ostareeliyo (I forgot his name but I like one of his poems :D)

Safferz   

Tallaabo;979212 wrote:
Mo Farah

Imaan Abdul Majid

Ayaan Hirsi Ali

K'naan

Rage Omaar

Frankly, these are the Somali faces the world is familiar with.

Agree with this list, except I'd replace Rageh Omaar with Nuruddin Farah.