Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

Somalis Arabs

samjamaa   

is it true that Arabs hate Somalis so much...?

i raised and living in arab country but i never feel they hate us.

Somalis always saying we are acting like Arabs, we not we just acting like muslims.

i always hear arabs asking me are you Arabs or African? espical when they heard our language

the weird thing that when i went to somalia somalis used to call me arab girl cuz i came from arab country.

what i like to say is Arabs don't hate Somalis, If a small group of Arabs hates them but not all the Arabs, and yes we are african -arabs.

Chimera   

Samjamaa, we are what my Bladland brother Polanyi would define as; the Cushitic and Islamic tribes of ancient Opone.

Get with the program sister.

samjamaa   

Chimera;776646 wrote:
Samjamaa, we are what my Bladland brother Polanyi would define as;
the Cushitic and Islamic tribes of ancient Opone

Get with the program sister.

so you disagree that Somalis are african arab. but why?!

samjamaa   

Naxar Nugaaleed;776651 wrote:
Am afraid we can't tell you how arabs feel about Somalis because this is a Somali Forum. the correct question should be how do Somalis feel about arabs.

walaalo, some somalis like to hate every things even they hate other somalis and if you ask them they will say yes we do without any reasons.

samjamaa, thats a disease we need to address and generalizing a whole people is wrong how ever we look at. The funny thing about hating anything is that it only harms the one doing it.

Samjamaa

what i like to say is Arabs don't hate Somalis, If a small group of Arabs hates them but not all the Arabs, and yes we are african -arabs.

Your right they don't hate us, but they call you زنجي عبيد Thats why Somalis don't like them. Arabs are one of the most racist ppl on earth.

FIDHIN   

the same thing we think about arabs Our nigerian brothers think about us and an arab man think of a white man, its a race levels trully, i have caught million somalis calling other blacks jareer and adoon, so lets take it when others who are whiter than us call us the same thing.

in a simple statement as a black guy in Hide park corner said one time, " THE BLACKER YOU ARE THE WORSE THIS LIFE BECOMES FOR AND THE WHITER THE BETTER THIS LIFE BECOMES FOR U"

the same apply to all other social divisions such us sex,age,money,disability

But to Allah subxanuhu wa ta'aala we are all equal and the difference between is Taqwa and good work, and Allah will punish those who insult others for something tht they didnt choose for themselves

Oh dear god not this topic again, can we stop conflating religious identity with racial identity please. An Arab Lebanese woman recently asked me at the dinner table (nearly chocked on my chicken) how come Somalis don't speak Arabic as a first language, and how comes we write in Latin script. needless to say i only answered the latter question. However as we all know Arab is not necessarily a racial identity so Somalis can be Arabs in terms of the inclusive nationalist sense of the term, but not racially Arab, but than again what is an Arab racially speaking. Dont really know but perhaps my outlook is wrong on this matter. Yes we are Black (but not in the western tradition) in that case i would say we are African perhaps that is a better tag. An ancient African race.

On the hatred question. I would say you can never generalise. I've experienced many Arabs with questionable views on other races, so maybe its true that they hate everything including themselves. Or am i guilty of the same thing here.

Miskin   

Who hates who is immaterial, the issue of race and racism can never be resolved. Its how the world is, so accept it and roll with it.