Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Official 2007/08 Premier League Thread

N.O.R.F   

187, that boy Eboue is a cheat! I liked Caragher's reaction though. The Arsenal players have adopted the European thing of surrounding the ref at every foul comitted against them.

Bob, the key to win against Scum Utd on Sat is their weak link Wes Brown.

N.O.R.F   

^^If he doesnt get a crazy tackle on him. Still can believe how he didnt break his leg in that challenege by West Ham's Noble.

Oz   

Current Standing:

1. Arsenal

2. Manchester United

3. Manchester City

4. CHELSEA

3rd November: Arsenal draws Manchester United. Chelsea crushes Wigan. Liverpool loses.

= Chelsea reduces points deficit to Arsenal by only 3points (Arsenal has game in hand)

Liqaye   

Hahaha lotz welcome to being an arsenal fan for the past couple of years and a Chelsea fan for all the other years :D , where the calculator was ones only solace.

farsenalmanume2ab6d0yg7.png650pixjs4.png

Images courtesy of arsenalmania.

Liverpool always have the excuses after 17 years that is all that keeps them warm at night.

Chealsea will become relevant when all that lotz predicts comes to pass [are you holding your breath].

As for the match there are some developments that make me feel a draw is what should be expected, Technically I think for the first time manu are ahead of arsenal certainly in the midfeild, hope hleb and fabregas are not marked out of the game since who ever else that takes the flak rosicky, diaby e.t.c cannot take the flak.

As for tevz and rooney let us see them perform against a defense that is just as fast as they are.

For me I think the game might pivot on one man......

AdebayorDM1507_468x543.jpg

Adebayor Is God.

^^I disagree, Arsenal's midfield is excellent at the moment with Fabregas and hleb running the show. Liverpool tried to lock both of them by deploying Mascherano and Alonso in def mid and it didnt work. I dont think Hargreaves will do much against them on his own. The game will not depend on Adebayor but on Fabregas and how well Man Utd mark him tomorrow.

Like you said a draw is expected, but this is football, anything can happen

Thierry.   

The most important game of the premiership calendar Man U I have to admit are on top form, the two boys up front can cause damage.

But Arsenal will control the Midfield as Helb, Fabregas and Flamini are playing the best football in their career. I saw Eduardo the other and he looked lethal.

My Prediction

Arsenal Vs Man U

2-1

As Chelsea supporter, I'll relish this match as top two take points off each other ... I hope we get another tie like last weekend then Chelsea would be back in business.

Oz   

My prediction worked here are the top three teams in the Premier league as usual.

GP W D L GS P

1. Arsenal 11 8 3 0 24 27

2.ManchesterUnited 12 8 3 1 21 27

3. Chelsea 12 7 3 2 18 24

I said before --

3rd November: Arsenal draws Manchester United. Chelsea crushes Wigan. Liverpool loses

Liverpool played the second half more with physical and attacks after attacks, Garrad was superb - but striker kuyt missed lots of chances Crouch should have been given a chance instead of kuyt.. a draw is all not good.

Man U truth be told survived that game the counter attacks saved fergie boyz *if rooney didnt score the first goal manUnited would have won the game,this former Chelsea player saved the Gooners Unbelievable 92 min it hurts Agh!! gallas-205.jpg

Fergie says 'I think we have thrown it away. At 2-1 you think you've won the game and for them to get a second goal when they did - for us to give it way in injury-time - it is very hard to take I can tell you. It is a fact that they got out of jail.

As for chelsea i think the joy keeps coming while manUnited keeps a close eye on Arsenal, Chelski is crawling and willing to take the premiership for the third time, Lampard back on form positive for the team and a seventh straight win.

As a chelsea fan it was a good weekend.

au revoir

WingA   

We throw away two points on saturday, our defence was a bit nerious after that near own goal by evra but still, to take the lead twice away from home was very good and it showed our quality just disappointed with the result..

United to regain our title, no doubt..

bless..

WingA   

'Criminal' Man Utd were robbed, says Ferguson

Sir Alex Ferguson labelled his side's failure to hold on for victory at Arsenal on Saturday as 'criminal'.

Ferguson accused referee Howard Webb of favouring Arsenal in Manchester United's 2-2 draw at the Emirates Stadium.

William Gallas, whose own goal had given United a first-half lead, volleyed an injury-time equaliser for the Gunners.

Cesc Fabregas had brought Arsenal level early in the second half but Ferguson thought Cristiano Ronaldo's goal eight minutes from time had won it until Gallas salvaged a draw.

Ferguson was frustrated United had not been able to hang on for a win that would have taken them top of the Barclays Premier League.

He said: 'I think we have thrown it away. At 2-1 you think you've won the game and for them to get a second goal when they did - for us to give it way in injury time - it is very hard to take I can tell you. It is a fact that they got out of jail.

'We spoke about it at half-time, the importance of not letting them back in and we started the second half well and then we lose a goal from having our own throw-in near their corner flag. It's amazing. It's criminal.'

BOB   

'We spoke about it at half-time, the importance of not letting them back in and we started the second half well and then we lose a goal from having our own throw-in near their corner flag. It's amazing. It's criminal.'

He must have thought that he was playing against Wigan or Derby County to make such demands from his defense :D ...

any way....had Arsene Wenger made the same comments and accuse the referee of being on Utd's side,I'm sure the F.A would've called him to explain what he meant by that...Wes Brown fouled Hleb before he crossed the ball for Rooney, again Hleb had his jersey pulled by Vidic in the penalty area and Hargreaves was lucky not to concede a penalty…and I have seen penalties given for lesser incidents than that...

Wenger never mentioned all these but the reason Fergie did is because he underestimated Arsenal and he couldn't stomach losing two valuable points at the death which of course to them must taste like defeat and that is why I believe we gained a psychological edge over United.

He even went on to criticize the fans for telling him what they thought of him and his Scottish behind...what did he expect? to get an standing ovation? This isn't old Trafford grandpa...in case you forgot that.

On a serious note...for me he's enticing the Utd fans and I wont be surprised if Wenger gets more than verbal abuse next time we visit Old Trafford and it will be all thanks to the Scottish genius Sir Alex Ferguson.

by the way he gave an interview to Man Utd TV where he said "I expect to be on top of the log after the game" and for me that is utterly disrespectful to Arsenal and I'm glad the boys made him swallow his 5 kg of a chewing gum...

United were lucky to score the first goal via Gallass deflection but overall I thought draw was a fair result but wouldn't you know...you will never hear a Man Utd fan say that...what's with them and honesty?

PS. Northerner...What? Liverpool to reduce the gap? by the way Inter let Juve off the hook last night by their strikers with their dismal finishing...Ibrahimovic was put through on goal with only Buffon to beat but took too much time and again had a one on one chance with Buffon but shot straight at him and Oh the miss of the season...Suazo had the easiest chance and still failed to convert... :D .

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

First of all, lets admit that was a boring game on Sat. Both teams were very cagey and didnt want to lose rather than wanting to win.

LFC should have beaten Blackburn but I hope Rafa finally wakes up and stops adopting negative tactics. Kewell did well when he came on (make a note Ngonge) and Kuyt needs to have a good look at himself.

Bob, Juve will win the Scuddeto.

NGONGE   

^^ Kewell will break down again. No Alonso, no wins for Liverpool. Kuyt plays well but he is not much of a goal scorer, saaxib.

ps

We could have beaten Arsenal 3-1 in that game we had a couple of weeks ago. Useless Liverpool strikers is all I can say.