SoMa_InC

Official 2007/08 Premier League Thread

BOB   

Originally posted by nuune:

Waitin for
BOB to make his predictions, my friend BOB will entertain us how Arsenal missed
Henry
smile.gif

My brother Nuune marka hore Salam Aleikum W.W marka xiga I haven't had the time to watch football as I have been away from home for the last 3 weeks and I have only seen glimpses of my beloved Arsenal as I was pleased to see the team get on with it.

Allow me to pay homage to a certain Liverpool...boy do they look promising or what? You may not believe this but I would love to see Liverpool lift the premier league and if they don’t do it this season I am sure they will do it the next one.

Chelsea are stuttering and Man Utd can't seem to get out of the starting blocks...BRILLIANT! :D

Sorry to disappoint you ina aabow or should I say Ugaaska Ireland, no predictions from me but as an Arsenal fan I'm not looking at beyond the 3rd or 4th spot so I can have the party of the century if the team exceeds my expectations and win a trophy or two ( Smart..heh? smile.gif )

PS. I would love to see England drop points against Russia tonight and if the Russians nick a win will be even better...I have a feeling that Italy may not qualify...yeah you heard me...the world champions...do you think they can beat Ukraine? I doubt it.

Ramadan Kariim.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Originally posted by Skipper:

What you think about Fernando Torres?

Allow me to Answer that... ;)

Fernando Torres is overrated Sxb as he hasn't impressed so far in his career but whose to say he wont improve?

The two players who most impressed me so far are Andriy Voronin, when I first saw him at the world cup I thought he was rubbish and I laughed when I heard Liverpool bought him but he managed to persuade me with his sterling performances so far and he already seems to be a better player than Crouch & Kuyt.

Ryan Babel...What a prospect…what a talent? you stole him from us (THIEVES :mad: ) this kid has a frightening potential and I wont be surprised if he ends up being Benitez's greatest signing few years down the line...Enough Said.

Liverpool fans...for the first time in years you finally have a team that play football the way it should've been played and this team makes you reminisce about the good old days of mid to late 90's where the great John Barnes, Fowler, McManaman,Collymore,Jamie Redknapp and co were the toast of English football with their brand of football which at times was FANTASTIC and made the opposition teams envy them and until they came up with the nick name of Spice boys. (Why do I feel that Man. United had a lot to do with that nick to stick the way it did until it bothered the players)

Good Luck You Bloody Scousers...You Deserve It. ;)

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

Skipper, welcome aboard saxib.

Torres? Over-rated but I will give a chance. When it cold and wet in the north of England for an away match at Blackburn or Newcastle is when he will earn his keep. I certainly hope he surprises me but cant help feel we could have got a better striker for 22m!

Skipper   

A better striker for 22 m? Who do you have in mind north? Carlos tevez? Or perhaps the Glazer united reject diego forlan? who by the way is no where near a 22 m striker. When a spanish player or any other nationality except English costs 22 m then he must be some something speacial. An englsih who plays at second division will cost you 10 m or more as proven by Theo walcott who is not even fit enough to tie Torres shoe lace. Torres has impressed immensily so far with 3 goals to his name, 1 against title rivals chelski, what a goal it was. But above the goals what caught the eye is his movements and fine touches. Torres is adapting to EPL so spare spare the judgements for now dear fellas.

Skipper wlc, state your allegiances, if it's Arsenal you're my nxt best friend, if not, then you can stay with northener in the "others" hut.

I disagree with you guys, Torres is a young class act. He adapted so quick to the EPL than any other spanish player, he doesn't complain and seems different to the other La Liga imports such Reyes or even Baptista. He is up for a fight, he has changed his style of play and doesn't stay down after a tackle but he gets up gets back into the fight. He is still a raw talent and we're going to see a lot of him in the coming years and I could only hope he was an Arsenal player.

Btw, top of the table after 3 years, tho it might not last long its still a great feeling.

Viking   

Have some faith in the youngsters man, I think they will do well this year. So far, Man U are winning ugly 1-0's and Chelsea can't beat mid-table teams. Liverpool team finally looks impressive all round but the rotation system will be their downfall in the PL. Remember, if you are chasing the title, a draw is two-points lost, no matter who the opponents are.

^^^ Couldn't Agree more....But I tell you folks

Torres, Actually surprised me; he is quick, skillful and fights for the ball - I almost envied Livp suporters but hey we getting there ourselves.

Gunners, top notch, i feel ****** for not trusting Wenger even tho I have never doubted him since this summer where I thought "odayga maxaa ku dhacay ...muu wax noo soo gado"

But watching how we played against Tooties I was very proud - but we still need a central defender - can't rely on Gilberto to cover all the time - Richard Dunne could be a good acquisition.

ManU and Chelski - well if they end up in the top four they are lucky! :D

Cheers

Skipper   

Mark my words nomads. Arsenal are going to fall down sooner or later. They are too dependant on Cesc fabregas and he cant win them all games. So far he has carried them on his own shoulders , every game they won he has either scored or assisted. GUNNERS be realistic you know that cant continue. Man u won the league last year with some sheer luck and i have noticed that tehir luck has run out this season despite spending amega 50 m pounds. Poor scums.

Viking   

Skipper,

I'm not saying that Arsenal will win the league but you have to agree they are the form team in England and play the most attractive attacking football in Britain.

Chelsea are too dependent on Lampard and can't win last few weeks without, L'pool are not the same team without Gerrard and depend on him too much, what's your point bro?

What about Adebayor, is he finding form or what? Early contender for GOTS. If he finished his chances in the derby, he could have had 4 easily.

Arsenal aren't dependant on Cesc, they depend on eachother and play as a team, he keeps the team ticking and is certainly on of the best players in the line-up. But make no mistake, Hleb or Rosicky could do the same job in the centre, so when Cesc has an average game the others take the plaudits.

Talking of Arsenal, guess who will be at the new Emirates Stadium in a couple of weeks (I'A)?

*Points at herself*

Yup, me!

Ahem...

Sorry for the interruption. Do carry on.