Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Oil exploration in Puntland, Somalia

The news is great the fact that oil orva working hydrocarbon system has been found in the first well is in itself quite remarkable. I believe celebrating at this time is more than appropriate and Shabelle North will bring bigger news.

xiimaaya;831387 wrote:
"i guess you cant marry reer waqoy chick and you are no oil sheik.

"SOMALIA I KNOW OIL SHEIKS I HAVE SEEN OIL SHEIKS I WAS FRIENDS WITH OIL SHIEKS, BUT YOU MY FRIEND ARE NO OIL SHEIK"

LOL....who are you talking to and what are you on about?

The Shabeel well has reached a total depth of 3,470 meters and has encountered metamorphic basement at a depth of 3,430 meters and is currently being suspended for future testing. In addition to the previously announced 12 to 20 meter zone of significant hydrocarbon pay in the Upper Cretaceous Jesomma Formation, the well has encountered additional potential net pay sands in the Jurassic Adigrat Formation at a depth of 3,246 to 3,430 meters, several of which exhibited oil and gas shows. Petrophysical analysis of the well log data indicates up to 3 meters of potential hydrocarbon pay in several thin sand units. They are not considered to warrant testing at this time, but do further confirm the existence of a working petroleum system.

xiimaaya   

Che -Guevara;831396 wrote:
LOL....who are you talking and what are you on about?

the dude named SOMALIA remember all the shiek pictures and the reer waqoy chick he was gona marry if oil was found

The rig will now move to the Shabeel North location which is 3.5 kilometers north of the current location. The primary objective of this well will be to evaluate the Upper Cretaceous Jesomma Sands which appear to be oil bearing at the Shabeel location. Subsequent to the drilling of this well, it is the intention of the Company to return to the Shabeel well and test the Jesomma sands once the necessary testing equipment has been mobilized into the country.

Keith Hill, President and CEO of Africa Oil, commented, "We are very encouraged by the results of the Shabeel well which appears to have confirmed oil bearing sands in two zones. This has very positive implications for the prospectivity of the basin. We look forward to the results of the Shabeel North well and to testing the Jesomma sands to confirm the potential of the block."

I think some people are trying to put negative spin to something as clear as day. They drilled one well & found a working system, they found Oil & now drilling the second well & bringing testing equipment to figure out the real potential. It's great thus far...

xiimaaya;831397 wrote:
General Duke ^ you putting nice spin on this.. Maybe our problem was premature celebration.
:)

Walk of shame..

So, you are moving from the conspiracy theory to accepting the reports?

The most amusing thing is that some people are overjoyed and are rubbing in it in, others are bitter and trying to play everything down. I won't wage time on the first group some are new comers and only interested at gloating. The second group's position evevolved from outright rejection of the drilling to the now constant " there is no Oil found" yet all the news indicates otherwise.

xiimaaya   

Che -Guevara;831404 wrote:
So, you are moving from the conspiracy theory to accepting the reports?

i'm afraid they are authentic saxib.. i come to except that the old stories of "somalia has oil" is nothing but hoax.