Sign in to follow this  
walaalkis

Why is turkey helping Somalia ?

somali_1.jpg

TIKA's coordinator in Somalia Abdulahad Kokdagi said that they held a meeting with Somali officials to prepare a report regarding what was required to restore roads in Mogadishu.

Roads in Somali capital of Mogadishu will be restored by Turkish Cooperation & Coordination Agency Administration (TIKA), Highways Directorate General, Turkish Red Crescent and Istanbul municipality.

Speaking to AA correspondent, TIKA's coordinator in Somalia Abdulahad Kokdagi said that they held a meeting with Somali officials to prepare a report regarding what was required to restore roads in Mogadishu.

"We have launched a comprehensive restoration work. Roads will be asphalted and restored," he said and added that roads would also have lighting system.

Somali Vice Transportation Minister Sidov Ali Nor said that they were grateful to Turkish government and people.

This is best thing a Muslim country can do for another but serious what's the catch ?

Duufaan   

I do not have problem if it is back. What a time for muslim world!. However their was report that they had difficult time, doing their business for locals who charging too much for rental cars and hotels . is not that crazy?

Juxa   

Of course there is a catch. Although I don't think it is clear at the moment

The usual waxa la yiri theory is they want military bases or even our shidaal.

Who cares tho our people need help now and I hole they get it