Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Garamgaram 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ll0uIvsRMfw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Waa aaminsanahay mowqifkooda horusocodka ah, waana taageeraa oo la garab taaganahay laakiin, laakiin, laakiin haddee rabaan inay horumar ka gaaraan dhaq dhaqaaqa ay wadaan waa inay si toos ugu dadaalaan, oo ay xoogga saaraan barashada afkeena hooyo marka koowaad.

Haddii kale qof xishmeynaayo ma jirto shaqsi ahaantooda, iskaba dhaaf aragtiyadooda la xishmeeyo waa haddee dalka ku noqdaan, waa see rajeynayaan mar dhow.

Somalia   

Af xumaa ilmaha, they make me look like an oday :D

Great stuff, the Microsoft guy was great, I like the bit about agriculture, I am considering taking a course on the side on the subject, I hope they focus on getting youth into education.

STOIC   

Your title has another meaning in Sijui world, but after watching the clip i realized it was a bastion of the ever-idealist students....How i miss those days....if ONLY the real world was like those days of Pizza eating late night delusion of thinking One could change the world....

Marka ereygaan originated from what Soomaalida called Boorama-speaking people maadaama afkooda yahay af u dhow Soomaaliga but not Afsoomaali. In Afsoomaali, garamgaram implies qof afka si fiican aan u garaneynin, much like these young people in the clip, but not in a negative way way, though.

STOIC   

MM, I really don't know about the origin of the word.The Somali speaking people always referred the Boran speaking Cushites as a Garam-garam though sometimes the word is labeled on other Somali speaking communities too like Garreah (who are Somali)...It has eventually grown into derogatory word.

Carafaat   

Somalia;772327 wrote:
Af xumaa ilmaha, they make me look like an oday
:D

Great stuff, the Microsoft guy was great, I like the bit about agriculture, I am considering taking a course on the side on the subject, I hope they focus on getting youth into education.

Xowla wala quwaaa. Indeed Somalia, you could become their Somali teacher.

Malika   

Bless them! Student era can rather beautiful - the world is your oyster, all is pink and honky dory...

Nevertheless, they are the future of Somalia if only the mad Somalis will allow them to be - In the late 70's most of the educated Somali Kenya/Tanzania/Ugandans embarked on the journey back home - to work/build their motherland only for the mad folks to ruin it all. Marka kuwaani qurboo joogto illahi haa uu sahlo - theirs is a noble cause.

Garamgaram? Erm, they barely spoke Somali iska daa Garamgaram..lool

Showqi   

Malika;772464 wrote:

Garamgaram? Erm, they barely spoke Somali iska daa Garamgaram..lool

Yeah, because they don't feel comfortable with the languege! so they just throw one Somali word here and there and the rest was English...:D

MMA, everyone in the second video spoke Somali including Yaxya (the Police Officer) so it's not a Garamgaram:(

Showqi, amaaba adiga naftirkaaga garamgaram tahay since you cannot spot another garamgaram. 058.gif Kaftan.com yaah.

Laakiin runtii si fiican u dhageyso, qof Afsoomaali fiican ku hadli karo uma hadlooyo, siiba xarfaha 'c' iyo 'x' xataa wey ku adagtahay ku dhawaaqidooda.

Hilowloow, widaaygaa naga gaarsii hadduu rabo Soomaalida in uu wax u qabto, Afsoomaaligiisa ku hadalkiisa busta haka jafo.