Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

CHALLENGE FOR RAMADAN-CAN YOU DO IT

Khayr   

Salaamz,

I'm interested in nowing how other nomads

will be able to do it, inshallah.

As for me, I carry a small pocket book musxaf/quran book, so its fits into my bads and coats.

So we the goal of inshallah reading the JUZ

before the end of the day, you're mind

becomes focused on it, when ever there is free time.

Usualy on the Public Transit

or a after some salats.

As long as you break it down,

you don't feel

TOO OVERBURDENED.

For Ramadan, what you can also you do

is maybe grab a quran book and read it

with the Imam during Tarweeh.

Follow with him as they read.

or you

can have your own tarweeh at home,

since most people only pray 8, and

try to do it yourself.

The more you break it down,

the easier it becomes, inshallah.

There is a secret to this

b/c then the Job of what the QURAN is about

becomes part of you.

Xafsa   

ok question:

What if you pray taraawiix at home and you pray with a juz a night...does that count as a juz a day?

Raxmah   

Ramadan Karim everyone!

I carry a musfax, and read whatever I can, whenever I can. Also at work I just put on head phone listen and follow the quran being recited, it helps me out alot, for the pronounciations, and since am trying to memorize the quran, its great listening to the quran, especially if you are trying to memorize.

Here is a website where the quran is being recited by sudays! Just click on the surah you want to listen to, N listening is all you got to do.

Quran

Calaykum Asalam, Ramadan Kariim...

Masha allah brother for sharing such a great and positive idea. I wasn't aware that reading the english version counted, but since that was my only hurdel I shall insha allah try to meet this challenge. My very own goal was to of memorised the 99 names of Allah by the end of Ramadan...no reason why both can't be done huh?

May you and all your families have a blessed month, amiin.

Salam smile.gif

Khayr   

86. These are the people who buy the life of this world at the price of the Hereafter: their penalty shall not be lightened nor shall they be helped. Sura Al-Baqrah

Salaamz,

Just an ayat that stood out from the first Juz,

that I came across.

Rahima   

JZK brother. Inshallah i shall try this ramadan again. smile.gif

For the sisters though, make sure you read more than a juz per day. I hope you are all getting my drift ;)

muntaha   

Asalaamu Alaikum...

New memeber here, luv the challenge bro khayr and count me in as well. One jus a day or as much as i can InshaAllaah.

MashaAllaah bro Nur,, your experiance is very uplifting espacially now in Ramadhaan. tho i cant do ictikaaf at the masjid....are sisters allowed to do it in their homes?? sum one told me that we cant cuz at the time of the prophet[saw] tents where built for the women to do their itikaf in the masjid,therefore itikaf should b done inside the mosque only.

RAMADHAAN MUBARAK ALL!!!

O Allah make us and all Muslims of those who fast and stand in prayer during the month of Ramadhan based on belief and truly seeking Your reward so that we are forgiven our past and future sins.

O Allah make us of those who fasted the month, attained full reward, witnessed Layatul-Qadr and attained success by permission of the Lord, Blessed and Most High.

O Allah, verily you are Forgiver, like to forgive, so forgive us.

O Lord, accept from us, verily you are the All-Hearing, all-Seeing, O Living, O Independent, O Owner of all majesty and honor.

And may Allah's blessings and peace be upon Muhammad, his family and his Companions.

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Rahima:

For the sisters though, make sure you read more than a juz per day. I hope you are all getting my drift
;)

I know eh, lol.

Insha'Allah, I will try my best to achieve this...it is a huge challenge!

Khayr   

2.214 Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? they encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of Allah." Ah! Verily, the help of Allah is (always) near!

Am hasibtum an tadkhuloo aljannata walamma yatikum mathalu allatheena khalaw min qablikum massathumu albasao waalddarrao wazulziloo hatta yaqoola alrrasoolu waallatheena amanoo maAAahu mata nasru Allahi ala inna nasra Allahi qareebun

Salaamz,

This is an ayat that I came across

from the 2nd Juz.

Please feel free to post ayats that stand out

in your readings.

You can go to www.equran.org to get a transliteration in English, to make it easier for you.

Fi Amanallah

Raxmah   

A.A

[2.112] Yes! whoever submits himself entirely to Allah and he is the doer of good (to others) he has his reward from his Lord, and there is no fear for him nor shall he grieve.

Just an ayat I though I should share from the first juz.

Originally posted by Nafisa:

quote:Originally posted by Rahima:

For the sisters though, make sure you read more than a juz per day. I hope you are all getting my drift
;)

I know eh, lol.

Insha'Allah, I will try my best to achieve this...it is a huge challenge!
same here insha allah

count me in

Changed   

^^ and nafisa ..lol..

insha allah i will start ,

count me in smile.gif

this is what i will do insha allah ,grab my quran and read it with sheikh husarry , and its translation is also with it ..this is the cite just in case u want to do it too Quran recitation

i was reading surat jinn the other day and this verses brought tears to my eyes walaahi

25. Say: "I know not whether the (Punishment) which ye are promised is near, or whether my Lord will appoint for it a distant term.

26. "He (alone) knows the Unseen, nor does He make any one acquainted with His Mysteries,-

27. "Except an apostle whom He has chosen: and then He makes a band of watchers march before him and behind him,

28. "That He may know that they have (truly) brought and delivered the Messages of their Lord: and He surrounds (all the mysteries) that are with them, and takes account of every single thing."

surah jinn ayats 25-28

Khayr   

14. Fair in the eyes of men is the love of things they covet: Women and sons; Heaped-up hoards of gold and silver; horses branded (for blood and excellence); and (wealth of) cattle and well-tilled land. Such are the possessions of this world's life; but in nearness to Allah is the best of the goals (To return to).

Juz 3, Sura Al-Imran, v. 14

This ayat speaks about what all of us like.

Land, Wealth, Spouses, Children etc.

Its always been the same since Adam's time.

Its just that these things have taken many forms

and names.

Fi Amanallah

LuCkY   

SaLaaMz,

Chapter 94 Al-Inshirah 8 verses-Solace:

1. Have We not expanded thee thy breast?-

2. And removed from thee thy burden

3. The which did gall thy back?-

4. And raised high the esteem (in which) thou (art held)?

5. So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:

6. Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.

7. Therefore, when thou art free (from thine immediate task), still labour hard,

8. And to thy Lord turn (all) thy attention.

LuCkY   

Chapter 101 Al-Qaria 11 verses-The Calamity:

1. The (Day) of Noise and Clamour:

2. What is the (Day) of Noise and Clamour?

3. And what will explain to thee what the (Day) of Noise and Clamour is?

4. (It is) a Day whereon men will be like moths scattered about,

5. And the mountains will be like carded wool.

6. Then, he whose balance (of good deeds) will be (found) heavy,

7. Will be in a life of good pleasure and satisfaction.

8. But he whose balance (of good deeds) will be (found) light,-

9. Will have his home in a (bottomless) Pit.

10. And what will explain to thee what this is?

11. (It is) a Fire Blazing fiercely!

I was reading the somaLi transLation-may aLLah shieLd us aLL from (Naarta)Haawiya-.....AmIIn.

BTW-Khayr and Miz-unique muchas gracias for those sites-very heLpfuL.