Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

CHALLENGE FOR RAMADAN-CAN YOU DO IT

Khayr   

Salaamz,

HADITH:

The prophet (salallahu claiyhe wasilma said):

ILLUMINATE your homes with the recitation of the QURAN, for truly the home in which there has been much recitation of the Quran,

has increased in GOODNESS and it SHINES to the inhabitants of Heaven as the stars of heaven shine to the inhabitants of the earth."

The prophet (salallahu claiyhe wasilma said):" Tow people will stand in the mountain of musk on the Qiyama, They will have no fear and will render no accounts, they will be free of wants of men

1) He who recites the QURAN for the pleasure of GOD

2) He who becomes the leader of a people who remain satisfied with him

You know an Idea come to mind cause I've been doing this for the past few months with a group of brothers. What we do every month is to try to try finish reading the QURAN at the end of each month. Meaning reading a JUZ A DAY.

HOW CAN YOU DO THIS????

ITS A CHALLENGE!!!

Where there is a WILL there is a WAY.

I thought that it was tooo difficult to do it

at first with work and family life.

I just wouldn't have time. Why my recitation wasn't that fluent, so it would take me

a long time. Not a month for sure!

Well nomads, I'm living proof along with the rest of the Ummah that it can be done.

Since its RAMADAN, I want to pose this CHALLENGE

and see how many nomads can come through.

FOR RAMADAN, TRY TO READ A JUZ A DAY INHOPES OF

FINISHING THE QURAN BY THE END OF QURAN, INSHALLAH.

ITS A CHALLENGE!!!

ITS A DARE!!!

WHO BENEFITS????

ALL THE PARTICIPANTSSSSS

Just post that you read a juz when u can in this thread and maybe an ayat that stands out.

You don't have to come on SOL everyday to say u read a JUZ, but it would help other nomads

to BELIEVE that it can be DONE.

READING THE QURAN and FINISHING IT FOR RAMADAN.

ITS A CHALLENGE!!!

Question?

Well, what if I can't read the Arabic?

Then grab an English version and read it.

NO EXCUSES!!!

CAUSE THAT'S ALL WE DO-MAKE EXCUSES!!!

IF YOU BREAK THE READING DOWN DURING THE DAY

INTO SECTIONS, IT CAN BE DONE!

FOR BROTHERS AND SISTERS, IT CAN BE DONE!!!

So No Excuses!

ITS A CHALLENGE!!!

So I'm calling out some people on here

to DARE THEM.

I'm calling out MUJAHID, NUR, DARMAN, RAXMAH.

ENTER THE CHALLENGE and DARE SOMEONE WITH YOU

If the niyah is write inshallah,

and 2 people Finish reading the QURAN at the end of Ramadan, then the job was done or

even if some you nomads started to read more QURAN.

Fi Amanallah

Adna   

salaam

maashaa'alaah it's chalanging but in a way i was gonna chalange my self since i do every it ramdaan. but allah hanoo naxariisto walaahi i feel so bad for my self since i memorizes the whole quran and can't be the way i knew from the biginin,,, in sha'alaah i'm in for the chalange,

good luck every body whos gonna chalange,,love you all

Nur   

Kheyr

A great suggestion

Allah SWT says in Quraan :

"And compete toward a Jannah that is as wide as the heavens and the earth"

Allah SWT says in Quraan:

" And hurry up for a forgiveness from your Lord"

InshaAllah, I intend to take on to your Challenge, and because Allah helped me before in meeting this challenge, I pray Allah helps me in raising the bar a bit more for these nomads after I share my experience, here is my plan, and it is in search for his magnificent face, ALONE and an example to my nomad Brothers and sisters:

A Juzz after every salaat in the first twenty days

That is 5 X 20 = 100 Juzz or 3 Khatams for the first twenty days of Ramadan

And for the last special ten days we have:

(1) ONE khatam every two days, a minimum, for a 5 Khatams in the last ten days.

Which earns you a Grand Total of:

(8) eight khatams for the Holly month.

As a motivation for this grueling task, imagine earning the following hasanaat to wipe out your slate clean for next year and puting extra hasanat for later use as a shield against sheitaan. To do that, let us play:

The numbers game:

Every letter of Quraan you read earns you ten hasanah, reading the entire Quraan earns you roughly 3.5 million hasanah, so for the Ramadan month how much hasanah can you shoot for?

Multiply 3.5 Million Xasanahl/Juzz X 10 days = 35 Million xasanah for just reading Quraan, ( not counting all other activities that come with it like Sadaqah, taraawiix and tahajjud), and Allah will throw in a special gift for those who brave this feat: Reading Quraan in leilatul qader gives you the equivalent of 83 years of reading Quraan. Now that is 83 X 35 Million Hasanah, that is soem three Billion Hasanah for a single season, MaashAllah Tabaarakallah, a great lifetime opportunity indeed.

Burt this last part requires ICTIKAAF, seclusion in a Masjid for the last ten days.

Depending on your level of proficiency in reading the Arabic, and your past memorization of Quraan, it is possible ( I Tried it with success) to read a Juzz with "tadabbur" ( understanding of the deep meaning of the verses and its reference to our lives) in only 25 min/Juzz maximum 30 min/juzz. A beginner can do an hour/Juzz and an amature can do 45 min/Juzz

So for those who are interested to climb mount Quraan's peak in the last ten days to seek their maker her is my suggestion:

Go camping in a masjid, no cell phones, no family,friends, no dunyaa, just Quraan and ibaadah for the last ten days.

Your day will begin after iftaar, you have about an hour and half till Ishaa prayer, that is three good Juzz reading time ( do not eat too much at iftaar, just few dates and some juices or milk) otherwise you can't climb heights.

After ishaa and taraaweeh prayers step out to eat dinner, be quick and do not talk nonsence, you are in the ibaadah of Ictikaaf, so be careful not to go out of the masjid except for food or necessities. Whe you come back, sit down and read Quraan till Tahajjud Prayers time, depending on your global time zone, you may be able to read another 4 hrs X 3 juzzes =12 Max ( this is the equivalent of the Boston Marathon for reading Quraan, you must be into heavy reading to reach the finishing line)

Now that is 15 Juzz cruising down the enjoyable Tilaawah highway. ( Xalaawatul iimaan fii tilaawatul Quraan) ( the Joy of iimaan is in the reading of Quraan)

Now you pray a sweet Tahajjud prayer, very long and touching, make sure you focus on the meaning of the verses, (as for those like sis Ranya who have problem with the Arabic, bring your translation with you to follow the imaam).

After the Tahajjud prayers, there is a time for three more Juzz, for a total of 18 Juzz before fajr Prayer, MaashaAllah, now that is some stamina, ( have you noticed that we can run miles to show how tough we are, and we chiken out if we have to read couple of Juzz of Quraan?)

After Fajer, you lay down for a nice sleep and dream about Xuurul Ceyn if your are imaginative.

You wake up an hour before Zuhr prayers, clean up and sit again for a three more Juzz before Zuhr just to warm up, and after Zuhr you sit down and read the remainder 9 Juzz for a 24 hour Khatam marathon. Allahu Akbar wa lillahil xamd

For blood circulation, bring a nice soft stadium type seat pillow, and change posture constantly, and from time to time walk around the masjid while reading, staying healthy and sound, soul, mind and body.

The above is a gruellingle sweet journey with the Quraan, Allah made it easy for me, and I have never experienced a pleasure as good as it ever.

Now, for the majority of nomads my experience may be far from possible to do, as I am seasoned for the joband I have the luxury of taking off from any dunyaa work and focusing on my akhirah, but Allah rewards everyone for their ability and effort, not quantity, so go for the best you can do, because you will be graded for trying plus your ability.

The last and most important thing is we must make sure to do this or any ibaadah with ikhlaas, wholly dedicated to Allah ALONE , we have to ascertain that Satan has no share in this business as the stakes are very high.

May Allah SWT make our deeds khaalisatan for his magnificent face, I shared my experience with my beloved brothers and sisters as a motivation , if a fellow nomad was capable doing it, then you too can do it if you have the attitude.

Ramadaan Kariim

Nur

nuune   

i will do my best to read the Quraan all the time,sometimes i keep my Quraan on my desk for ages and never open it,ilaah hana waafijiyo waxa khayr ku jira,ilaahoow noo danbi dhaaf.

2343a.gif

Raxmah   

Great Challenge Khayr--am up for the the challenge inshallah with the niyah we all can read a juz a day, and alhamdulilah the reward is great.

Sister Ranya, it's still the word of allah you are reading. Also try transliteration of the quran its very helpful, also following along with quran recitation is always helpful .

Br. Nur--Mashallah--it's great motivition, thanks for sharing.

That is a challenge...Nice one!

Alright then, I'm in, Insha'Allah. A Jus a day...

Khayr,

How did you do organise your recitations? I mean to fit in with work/studies/everything else...read all night long? or...

Any help will be appreciated... smile.gif