Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Are we a rude people?

NGONGE   

Malika;772461 wrote:
^No, No, don't give up - then the Somali in him will gloat..Lol -

Nothing to gloat about. I was merely trying to help my people here.

p.s.

Norf, now that I made you think about it I am confident that you'll begin (with time) to view random salaams are rude. My job is done, build a statue where I just stood.

xiimaaya   

Jacaylbaro;769606 wrote:
I've even once seen a Iman telling people "Waar Ilaahay ka baqda aabihiiin wasee" ..... weird people
:D

i bet he was reer waqoyee:D

Abwaan   

N.O.R.F;769567 wrote:

“Oi warya, you, hindi, you, tea, now, now”

. Lol....I saw this similar thing happening just yesterday....against another Somali.....this old guy with gar weyn and Henna said to him isagoo ag maraya...."Waryaa kaalay Shaah ii keen". Ninku xitaa meesha uu shaaha ka dalbanayoba kama shaqeeyo ee malaha maalin buu arkay isagoo caawinaya. Kiina kamaba waalin ee wuu iska ag maray. Lol. Hadhow buu igu yiri odaygu siduu u hadlayey ma arkeysey? He even said I felt sorry for him akhlaakh xumadiisa iyo intuu jiro...Anna waxaan la yaabayba.Cimrigaas haddii uu edeb ku baran waayey goormuu baran?:D

NORF...weli Al-Ras waa joogaa haye:D....? 3 years iyo ka badan ma imaan....Malaha my Al-Ras days are over....I kind of miss Dubai now.

Is there a difference between being rude and feeling extremely entitled?

I don't think most Somalis are intentionally rude, but I do think virtually all of them have high expectations or feel a certain entitlement. This is most notable in societies were people are suppose to use the pleases, and thank you's, at every turn. It's all ignorance on their part, to be honest. Older Somalis are almost always the biggest culprits, because in our culture they have this paternalistic way of talking down to a younger people, thinking that the person will be no more offended than if their own parents told them to do something. Finally Somalis waxeey faceeystaan anyone who isn't white, lol and pretty much think they can be as informal with them to the point where they use racial slurs. Again not necessarily evil or racist, but because they think and sort of expect that these racial groups will see them on equal footings and not take offense.

Like I said, loads of entitlement. :D

Acuudobilah!! when did we nomads become like clueless Cinderalla's! People with worst attitudes are westerners!! I find third world pple more civilized when it comes to human dignity!!

I mean check Norof's example...old man comes there N aint getting no service...so what..he gotta yell to the mofo to bring him a cup of tea!! and u think thats bad!! hell no!.......when i walkin into a resturant environment,,,i need to see the waiter come and service me!! right away...i am paying my hard earned money here!! come on pple...get with the program.

i dont understand why so called civilized malis dizz their own all the time!! Be proud funkyzzzzzz

wyre   

Jacaylbaro;769606 wrote:
I've even once seen a Iman telling people "Waar Ilaahay ka baqda aabihiiin wasee" ..... weird people
:D

:D:D:D:D

wyre   

Just remembered, mid baa hooyadiis la murmay, markaas baa wadaad deriska la ahaa kuyiri hooyadaa inaad la muranto dembi waaye haddii aadan raali noqo ku oran lugta aadan ka dhunkan janno ma arkeysid, Suu inta hooyadii u tagay ku yiri, "Keen lugtaada lugta allaha kaa gooyee" :D:D