Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

BREAKING NEWS: ONLF and Ethiopia are very close to sign an agreement

Abtigiis   

Ngonge,

Kolna waxaad leedahay everything is about clan, kolna waxaad leedahay how does Abtigiis get close to the leadership? :D :D

Anyway, This thing is at a very early stage. Wax wadahadal ah ma bilaabmin. In my own analysis, the chances of success are not great unless there is some big change on the part of Meles.

Gar-haye - there are some who enjoy my talk. Just don't go to any thread where I posted. That will save you my nonesense. Do we have a deal?

N.O.R.F   

I remember making such a suggestion (that the ONLF should look to buy some time with some sort of agreement then do things through politics) and A&T biting my typing fingers off. Maxaa hada is badaley saxib? :D

Abtigiis   

Norf,

I don't remember what you suggested but if was ONLF should stop fighting and join Meles's politics, it was wrong, It is still wrong.

Wax isbadalay majiro. Only a bit of news about an impending talk. Talk that we cannot gurantee will yield any results. In la wada hadlo ONLF ma diidaneyn ee shuruudo ay ka mid yihiin third party presence and in a netural venue (not Addis Ababa like others did) ayey la soo taagnayd. So what changed is Ethiopia seems to have accepted these preconditions.

Until we see what issues or concessions are put on the table, we cannot talk about a deal done. I believe this thing is hyped prematurely.

Gar-haye   

Abtigiis;768768 wrote:

Gar-haye - there are some who enjoy my talk. Just don't go to any thread where I posted. That will save you my nonesense. Do we have a deal?

i enjoy your talk and don't consider it to be nonsense. i have learned much from your contribution to SOL. kindly disregard my stray comment.

The Zack   

Ethiopia-ONLF: The 2012 expected

peace negotiations

By Abdikarim H. Abdi Buh

Jan 01 , 2012

“Anyone can give up; it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together

when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.“

By anonymous sage.

31_ethiopia_onf_talkes_clip_image002.gif

The students of Ethiopian politics perceive the forth coming peace talks between the ONLF O'gadenNational Liberation Front) and the Ethiopian Government as one of the toughest talks ever entertained by any Ethiopian government. Even though the peace talks weren’t officially proclaimed by the concerned parties, yet there is reliable information to that effect from trustworthy sources that the Ethiopian government informed formally the Kenyan government that it wants to talk to the ONLF in the presence of a third party. The ONLF all the way through its history was maintaining that they are willing to talk to the Ethiopian government, in a neutral country, provided Ethiopia accepts the presence of a third party to witness the progress of the talks.

The Kenyan government received the acceptance of the ONLF without a delay since it was the government of Ethiopia not the ONLF that was dragging its feet for so long from taking the offer of peace talks in the hope that it will wipe out the ONLF through brute military force. The Somali Region’s Og'aden region) resistance to occupation stretches over a century and the region was and is a battle field between successive Ethiopian governments and national liberation forces. The region has been treated by the Ethiopian governments over the years as a buffer zone and its citizens as strangers that have no right in Ethiopia.

Ethiopia through its choice tool, military option, to address the genuine occupation question of the Somali region Og'adenRegion) made the region the least developed region in Ethiopia. Substantial number of its citizens grew up in refugee camps or in neighbouring countries for the third generation and whatever left behind either move from one IDP camp to the next at best or loiters in concentration camps called military prisons that are spread throughout the region at worst.

Human rights organisation’s yearly and daily reports consistently highlight the atrocities and human rights abuses meted against the region by the security forces of Ethiopia. The region is categorized and recognised as famine prone by the international development agencies and yet in pursuit of its military option the Ethiopian government sealed the boarders Ethiopia's starvation strategy of the region from all sides and pronounced it as no go area for international aid agencies, independent reporters and the likes. The Gaza- like status, open prison, is effective to this day and among the latest casualties of the notorious anti terrorist bill are the two Swedish journalists who ventured into the region on a fact finding mission - Ethiopia Jails Swedish Journalists

Source:

http://www.wardheernews.com/Articles_2011/Dec/31_ethiopia_onf_talkes.html

The Zack   

^:D

It is the other way around.

Read this part very closely: "the Ethiopian government informed formally the Kenyan government that it wants to talk to the ONLF in the presence of a third party. The ONLF all the way through its history was maintaining that they are willing to talk to the Ethiopian government, in a neutral country, provided Ethiopia accepts the presence of a third party to witness the progress of the talks."

The Zack   

^It doesn't matter? Of course it does! The Xabashis and their Wayanes have finally come to their sense and understood that they can't wipe the ONLF out. They are giving up.

Beledweyne who?

The Zack   

Carafaat, Ameen to that!

EDIT:

Che - Yea I do. Why? You think Meles is invincible? You aint alone all Shabaabs think so. See how they run really fast when they hear "Ethiopia" from every Somali town. Ethiopia barely attacked Beledweyne when Shabaab Vacated there. Heck they even vacated Buulo Burdo xabashidoon soon gaadhin.

AS sends Ethios home in 2009, they will do the same now. I didn't say is invincible but he's shrewd well versed in rebel mentality and Somali tribal tendencies. I am just afraid he might ask you to put on Woyane military outfit and send you across the border while believing he kept his promises.

cubano   

I would like to know when ONLF began its war against Ethiopia.

Osman the leader of ONLF says ONLF started the war in 1994.

http://www.bartamaha.com/?p=13980

Asharq Al-Awsat] When was the ONLF founded, and what are the goals for which it is fighting?

[Osman] The ONLF was founded in 1984, but began armed action 10 years later, in 1994, after the ruling party in Ethiopia reneged on its promises to the political parties and to the peoples of Ethiopia and revoked an agreement to resolve the ****** issue in a peaceful way. The front’s goal is to liberate this region from the Ethiopian occupation