Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

BREAKING NEWS: ONLF and Ethiopia are very close to sign an agreement

Nice face saving for the onlf & more than good for the people.They need to rest & catch up.My hunch is onlf agreed to disarm & remain part of ethiopia & the gov't help rebuild....we will see but breaking up is not something neither ethiopia nor kenya are prepared to swallow at any cost.

NGONGE   

Abtigiis;768620 wrote:
Libaax,

Arinta soo dhax galo oo talo ka bixi boqor dee, ha nagu eegin cadawga iyo Ngonge oo miidhane.

The hardcore insist it has to be 5 years but I think 10 is also seen as acceptable, mainly because the TPLF maynot be just yet ready to agree to 5 years. The best-case scenario is 5 years, but the most likely scenario is 10.

War cadawga ha igu darin dee. I wish the best for the ONLF (as long as they don't step on anyone's toes). But I hope you know me well enough to expect such questions, even if I were talking about Somaliland.

It's fine to make an agreement that benefits you in the short term but you must also have a long term plan and attempt to control how things pan out. As things stand, there are far too many variables for one to make a quick judgment on this 'supposed' peace deal. Rather than go with Zack's "we will see how it unfolds", you know and I know that we (or rather you) must manage how it unfolds. You either take the bull by the horns or expect it to throw you off when you least expect it, ya cadaw. ;)

The Zack   

NGONGE;768664 wrote:
War cadawga ha igu darin dee. I wish the best for the ONLF (as long as they don't step on anyone's toes). But I hope you know me well enough to expect such questions, even if I were talking about Somaliland.

It's fine to make an agreement that benefits you in the short term but you must also have a long term plan and attempt to control how things pan out. As things stand, there are far too many variables for one to make a quick judgment on this 'supposed' peace deal. Rather than go with Zack's "we will see how it unfolds", you know and I know that we (or rather you) must manage how it unfolds. You either take the bull by the horns or expect it to throw you off when you least expect it, ya cadaw.
;)

Dude it is ok to question everything and be a critical thinker lakin saanaa? I am sure the ONLF are keeping in mind what could happen if they are cheated but it is not something that anybody can control as things can change 10 years later. This deal isn't even done yet, you outsiders need to wait and see how it unfolds. After the deal is made, then start questioning its loopholes or whatever. Fahamtu yaa akhil-carab? :)

NGONGE   

^^ Nope no fahantu. :D

If it were about 'wait and see', you should have discussed it amongst your tol and not here in public. In addition, I started to really get worried when I realised that A&T was very close to the ONLF leadership. Wax fahan.

p.s.

Nobody knows what could happen in ten years but one can prepare for it.

The Zack   

NGONGE;768680 wrote:
^^ Nope no fahantu.
:D

If it were about 'wait and see', you should have discussed it amongst your tol and not here in public. In addition, I started to really get worried when I realised that A&T was very close to the ONLF leadership. Wax fahan.

p.s.

Nobody knows what could happen in ten years but one can prepare for it.

LOOOOL@being worried about AT&T’s close relationship to the leadership. Waar ninka asagoo kaftan soo qor qoro baad aragtay (and everyone of us has some kind of hobby, i.e. smoking shiisha, posting on SOL) ee waa nin culus when it comes to serious matters.

This thread is informational, it is not for debating. It is a news piece to keep everybody in the loop. We are not at the stage to question the if’s and whens yet. When the deal (if that happens), car aan kuu diido to question every bit of it.

NGONGE   

^^ Cool. I'll await your green light.

p.s.

Nin culus ha ahaado it is still bad to break from old habits.

I can already picture him in a serious meeting between the ONLF and the Ethio government. Everyone is slient and serious. A&T worries that the silence is going to spoil the meeting so he jumps in with the question "how do you know when a whore is full?" They all stare at him in amazment but the man is singleminded (if nothing else) and carries on with the reply to his own question/joke.. "when she gets a runny nose"..:P

billah cakeel tolka la hadal oo waxaad tidhaahda kaa inga badala..:D

Waxee u egtahay arrinta went like this, if this thread waxa ku qoran runtahay. This is how it went in the last two months:

Kiinyaatiga: Awxabashoow, maxaa u diidantahay Asaaniya aan aniga wato?

Xabashi: Kuukaayoow, waxba ma ogidee shib iska dheh.

Kiinyaati: Maxaan ogeyn oo aad Soomaalida iiga badisaa, waligaaba Shifta ma arkinee.

Xabashi: Soomaalida iyo qabiiladooda waan kaa aqaanaa, waana kaaga garaad dheerahay ilaa iyo 500 sano isnaqaanaa dadkaan. Mida koowaad haddaa Asaaniya adiga sameysatay, oo xad beenaadkaaga ku ilaalsaneysid, yaa ka masuul ah jabhadaan ONLF inay meeshaas xarun ka sameystaan maadaama ilma'adeeradooda adiga awood siineysid.

Kiinyaati: Ma intaasaa waxaa ka cabsi qabtid. Marka cabsidaada xal waa loo heli karaa, waana laga gaari karaa.

Xabashi: Xal see heysaa.

Kiinyaati: Dadkaan ilma'adeeradooda anigee jeebka igu jiraan, laba laba ayaan ugu diri karaa jabhadaas oo waala soo fariisan karaa meel alle meeshaa dooneysid.

Xabashi: Ma saasaa, ma hubtaa.

Kiinyaati: Aad iyo aad. Waliba aad u sahlantahay, ee dhib ama wax kale aad walwal ka qabtid miyaa jira?

Xabashi: Maya, maya, kuwaas haddaa kursi soo fariisisid, oo laaluush ku bixino, waxey damacsanyihiina aan iloowsiino, wax walba waa bash bash markaas.

Kiinyaati: Marka haye aniga iga war sug. Cunugeyga Asaaniya aan watana mar dambe yuunan shaki kaa galin.

Xabashi: Haye, waa taa.

it will be dream come true for Somali galbeed to run their own region without becoming lawless people like the south and central Somalia.

Where is the link for this news or someone is day dreaming

Gar-haye   

so who is the more sophisticated one here ethiopia or kenya. whose the bigger manipulater. if this is all that was needed couldn't ethiopia have approached kenya about this issue long time. clearly the incentive has always been there.

Gar-haye   

The Zack;768683 wrote:
LOOOOL@being worried about AT&T’s close relationship to the leadership. Waar ninka asagoo kaftan soo qor qoro baad aragtay (and everyone of us has some kind of hobby, i.e. smoking shiisha, posting on SOL) ee waa nin culus when it comes to serious matters.

This thread is informational, it is not for debating. It is a news piece to keep everybody in the loop. We are not at the stage to question the if’s and whens yet. When the deal (if that happens), car aan kuu diido to question every bit of it.

i think ugaas AT&T has been a little too talkative to be really taken seriously and for the sake of all of us somebody should tell the odayga, its time to take the chill pill.

Somalia   

FreshPrince;768734 wrote:
I see that user Somalia is avoiding the question I asked him on page 7. lol

Well, do not believe I disagree with either men with things you people disagree with them about.

The typical "Ethiopian invasion card", that one I throw right out of the window given recent events.

As for Faroole, I do not agree with how he handled the SSC region but I understand his motives. His handling of Mudug region is bad as well but I see his problem there too. There's some things institutionally I do not agree with such as the handling of wealth as well as nepotism. My major problem with development would be the taxation system and the weakening of a centralized regional government, one of the things that kept Puntland above many other regions.

Some steps he has taken to silence some people were not good either.

Overall though the goods counter the bad for Faroole.