Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

BREAKING NEWS: ONLF and Ethiopia are very close to sign an agreement

The Zack   

Yep, you read that right and you read it here.

The talks have started several weeks ago. Kenya appears to be the mediator but the British government is heavily involved. Most of the information I have is still classified but I am sharing only the parts that have been leaked to some local media outlets.

2012 is definitely going to be different.

Stay tuned for more....

EDIT: ONLF's three conditions since 1984 for any agreement are:

1. The talks have to be held in a neutral country

2. An international body ,i.e. the UN and neutral countries have to be present when the agreement is being reached.

3. A referendum has to take place in the Og'aden on whether the region should remain a part of Ethiopia or become independent.

No agreement will benefit the Somali people of SOMALI GALBEED as long as they come under the Flag of Ethiopia. The only agreement that will be deemed significant is an agreement that will be signed by the Ethiopian regime recognizing Somali Galbeed as a region not part of Ethiopia, just like how the Addis Ababa regime of Meles Zenawi recognized Eritrea as a region not part of Ethiopia.

The Zack   

Som@li;768372 wrote:
haye, U gonna get the newest country in Africa?
:)
or what? South Sudan has been enjoying that title for long

:) We don't know yet but I can tell you the ONLF haven't changed their conditions on any agreement (at least for now lol). They stand as they were in 1984.

The Zack   

FreshPrince;768373 wrote:
No agreement will benefit the Somali people of SOMALI GALBEED as long as they come under the Flag of Ethiopia. The only agreement that will be deemed significant is an agreement that will be signed by the Ethiopian regime recognizing Somali Galbeed as a region not part of Ethiopia, just like how the Addis Ababa regime of Meles Zenawi recognized Eritrea as a region not part of Ethiopia.

You are somewhat correct, however, there is a Somali saying that goes like "Haddii aad waxaad rabto weydo, waxii something something..."

The Zack;768376 wrote:
You are somewhat correct, however, there is a Somali saying that goes like "Haddii aad waxaad rabto weydo, waxii something something..."

To hell with that saying. Freedom is what Somali Galbeed needs and not a Regional Administration under a flag in Addis Ababa. It's either FREEDOM or NOTHING.

Nothing else in between!

The Zack   

Som@li;768378 wrote:
spill the beans, share with us what you got?

I wish I could but due to the sensitivity of the news, I won't be able to share everything just yet.

What I can tell you is the ONLF haven't backed down from their three original conditions on any agreement... not just yet.

These three conditions are:

1. The talks have to be held in a neutral country

2. An international body ,i.e. the UN and neutral countries have to be present when the agreement is being reached.

3. A referendum has to take place in the Og'aden on whether the region should remain a part of Ethiopia or become independent.

Ethiopia has always insisted the all talks should be held inside Ethiopia. They have never accepted to talk to the ONLF in another country but this time it appears things have changed. We shall see.

The Zack   

FreshPrince;768379 wrote:
To hell with that saying. Freedom is what Somali Galbeed needs and not a Regional Administration under a flag in Addis Ababa. It's either FREEDOM or NOTHING.

Nothing else in between!

LOL.. I like your style but again let's see what comes out of this first before we analyze it. Don't ya think?

Som@li   

I was shocked when I saw DHOODAAN oo MELEZ sacab u tumi, Cajiib!

I like

The Zack;768382 wrote:

This is so not fair. Just like 1992/1993, the people will be paid, the elders will be paid and the VOTES will be fraud and the result of the Referendum will be "TO BE PART OF ETHIOPIA".

A blind, mentally retarded child could see and understand that Somali Galbeed is deemed to be part of Ethiopia for LIFE.

The Zack   

Som@li;768388 wrote:
I was shocked when I saw DHOODAAN oo MELEZ sacab u tumi, Cajiib!

Dhoodaan is a true patriot, he has done too much for both Og'adenia and Somalia. Ninku wuu duqoobay sxb hadda wuxuu ku hantaataco isagoo dhulkaas joogo laga qori mahayo.

Som@li   

FreshPrince;768389 wrote:
This is so not fair. Just like 1992/1993, the people will be paid, the elders will be paid and the VOTES will be fraud and the result of the Referendum will be "TO BE PART OF ETHIOPIA".

A blind, mentally retarded child could see and understand that Somali Galbeed is deemed to be part of Ethiopia for LIFE.

If the people choose to be with Ethiopia (Which I doubt will ever happen) in a fair referendum, so be it.

The Zack   

FreshPrince;768389 wrote:

1992/1993? What happened then? Can you enlighten us? As far as I know no referendum has taken place in Somali Galbeed.