Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Video: Mosque With Amazing Light Projections

This is totally unnecessary. A masjid is not some kind of showground where people come and watch and be wowed with lights and blingbling lightening. Rather, a Masjid shall be a simple true to its purpose as a peaceful place without any extravagant material world. Hence, I totally disapprove this.

Som@li   

^Agree, plus building the biggest mosques, the most beautiful mosque, does not make a better mosque nor a better Islam, these Arabs are obsessed with status.

Hundreds of millions was spent on this mosque alone, while millions of Muslims starve!

Jacpher   

^Right. The resource could have been used in other avenues of sadaqa than projecting lights on exterior walls of a mosques.

I hope this mosque doesn't have as much distraction on the inside as it does on outside. Such distraction on interior walls of a mosque defeats the purpose of a mosque.

Maashallah am amazed the answers given by the guys above me. A Mosque should be simple, the prophet (ASW) refused the decoration inside mosque as it will distruct people .

There are so many mosque around the world with no even roof to protect from sun and rain and yet these Arabs are busy wasting so much money on these kinda projects.

Cheer up boys. This was a temporary light show or "carwo" at outside walls. It if was held here at my mosque walls, I would definetly take my kid to see it. Gloomy ayaad wada noqoteen iyo wax balba habaar. :)

Detail: In celebration of UAE National Day 2011, 44 projectors with a combined brightness of 840,000 lumens were used to cover a surface 600ft wide x 351ft high according to Obscura Digital which designed the projection.

N.O.R.F   

Driven passed this beautiful mosque so many times. I really must stop by soon while the weather is good.

The mosque is open during the day to tourists/non muslims which is an opportunity for dawa. You would be surprised by the number of new muslims as a result. Is it too big? Probably.