Sign in to follow this  
Guulo

Would you read a book about sexuality, same sex love, and of moral conflict?

Oh...there u go again, spreading useless stuff that drops from the mouths of those crazy xalimoos in the west. U dont need no books to learn about nature, just follow your natural instincts & culture.

for Gods sake let us not disappoint the lady , write you sh,,,t earn your few pennies if people buy. but sorry to let you know I'm not going to buy it.

any reader who approaches literature with predetermined outlook and moralizing is not a serious reader. Any author who writes literature to advocate a predetermined agenda is seriously limiting their craft. all that should matter is wither or not the story engaging, the prose fresh and the perspective new, at least to the reader. of course am kidding about that being all but thats just my opinion of whats important. on another note,a work of art meant to enlightened our kind is truly a waste of effort and time, we have a long way to go as a people, you will see supposedly educated people with an outlook not worthy of a bushman. Good luck what ever you decide to do.

Abtigiis   

Guulo,

cut this crap about same sex nonesense! SOL'ers represent a tiny fraction of the somali population. And even here you have people disgusted by this kind of stories. It depends on your audience. If it is for non-somali audience (rather non-African I would say) go ahead, and try your luck. If it is for Somali or African audience, it won't fly at all. And I see lots of more potent and relevant themes that would interest somalis. Just because the west talk about the same sex things doesn't mean we should mimic and follow suit.

Nin-Yaaban, Mr. Somalia ka hadh. He is right. I am also a bit tolerant about women-to-women thing than male-to-male. I don't have the same revulsion when I hear about the two.

Garnaqsi   

Naxar Nugaaleed;768122 wrote:
any reader who approaches literature with predetermined outlook and moralizing is not a serious reader. Any author who writes literature to advocate a predetermined agenda is seriously limiting their craft. all that should matter is wither or not the story engaging, the prose fresh and the perspective new, at least to the reader. of course am kidding about that being all but thats just my opinion of whats important. on another note,a work of art meant to enlightened our kind is truly a waste of effort and time, we have a long way to go as a people, you will see supposedly educated people with an outlook not worthy of a bushman. Good luck what ever you decide to do.

There's so much truth in this post that it sort of makes me sad actually.

chubacka   

To be honest, I would not read such a book because of the subject matter and it wouldn't make a difference with the protagonist being somali.

If you are looking for somali readers especially if this is your debute novel then do something less heavy and controversial.