Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The only thing I like about Sijuis

Malika   

Bi-Kidude is a legend, its said she is over 100yrs old. The arabs making fun of her were so gay!!..lol

ps.The correct term is 'Waswahili' not sijui - sijui term is reserved for Ethnic Somalis born in Tanzanian/Kenya/Uganda..lol

NGONGE   

^^ You're so sensible and cute you messed up my attempt to annoy the rest of the sijuis. :P

I've always been a taraab fan (though I hardly understand most of it). But, like the Arabs in the video, the jokes are a sort of back handed compliment to this amazing lady.

p.s.

There was one song of hers that I listened to where she does a "mawaal" in Arabic (and not any old Arabic but straight fusxa). Great lady, I tells ya.

NGONGE   

^^ Remember, when I listen to these songs I can only pay attention to the melody and the voice of the singer. Bi Shakila is good but does not have the richness of voice that the old lady has. Bi kidude's voice is addictive and very soothing. God knows what sort of impact it has on someone who understands the words. Heh.

Malika   

^You might like him too.. also try to find Sitti Binti Saad - she might rock you boat too..lol