Sign in to follow this  
FatB

The year that was

FatB   

Wat a depressing and gloomy year 2011 was

the year the most wanted man in the world was killed in his home infront of his wife

the year the second most wanted man in the world was killed in an air strike

the year houndreds died in mud slides/earthquakes/ tsunamis and neuclear radation

closer to home the year were our brother in somalia died of mass hunger and famin

the year 6 dictaorts have either been killed died or dethroned

wat a year walahi

on a personal note the year i got married, the year my son was born and the year i became a man...

i wonder wat 2012 will bring

^ these one lines are so postmodern NORF. spill the beans, what could possibly be interesting about a year in your dull life? i bet the two visits to somaliland were the highlight of another year in the ordinary life of NORF.

Next year i want to focus all my energies on getting married, having the pre-selection birth of my son - alpha jr and hopefully make my first million dollars.

N.O.R.F   

:D

Nothing wrong with a 9 to 5 warya (I went to the UK a couple of times as well). The highlight was of course reinforcing my covenant with Allah by going on the journey of Hajj (and it is a journey). Something I have been meaning to do for a long time and will hopefully get to do again in my lifetime.

Next year will be the year I break from being an employee to being an entrepreneur. God willing.

Garnaqsi   
Throughout my life I remember being snarky about how uneventful the year has been for me. It seems the events were all waiting to culminate for 2011. Things I couldn't have imagined happened. Suffice to say for a while I won't be wishing for a more eventful year.

Showqi   

Officially I have nine more days to go til I can say goodbye to 2011 but I can safely say I survive second year for having my own business Alxamdulilah. It's been two years that I am making my own pay cheque every month. I put all my time, my energy, and my money in this business. Hopefully I will buy my own house next year, or maybe the year after insha-allah.

2011 was a good year, ilaahay baa mahad leh.

Malika   

^Masha'allah - illahi haa kuu siyadiyo kheyrkisa.

2011 has gone too fast and it has been most stressful - nevertheless, alhamdulillah.

Aaliyyah   

yeah showqi mashallah alle haku siyaadiyo wixi aad damacdona alle haku sahlo in aad gaadhid.

I still cant believer 2011 is almost ending? it is like where did all the time go...maybe its just me but i feel time is going a lil faster than usual lol...anyhow, alhamdulilah Allah swt has blessed me and there are many things I have achieved and there are more things I would like to achieve like I would like to complete my education and settle.

anyhow, alle muradkayga ha isiiyo idinkana ha idinku simo muradkiina. Waan idin ducaynaya.

salaam

Where did the year go?- How time flies as you get older....but, alxamdulilaahi rabil calimiin. all praise is to Allah.

The most memorable is the killing of UBL ,Kenya's invasion of Somalia & the famine in the horn of Africa. Inshallah, kan soo socdo will be kheyr and lets pray for peace in Somalia.