Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Step by step Somali food recipes

I've come across this site which has some youtube vidoes and found it very helpful. Check out and please leave a comment to support them. Looks very lovely.

Xawaash.com - Canjeelo

Click on the individual recipe posts if the pics come out kinda wonky.

Aaliyyah   

my lil sis actually showed me that website..actually she showed me a link from utube and then from there I saw the site link. She wanted me to make her samosa for culture day..I actually couldnt follow it..the person was folding it way too many times lol..I ended up making normal samosa the usual way...but its definitely an awesome website..

salaam

Som@li   

I have been browsing it thru , it is a good website, simple and nice, It is better if they prepare the pastry themselves for the samosa, than used frozen one.

Aaliyyah   

lol I like the ready one call me lazy if you must. Why the hassle of making one...the only time aan qosho daqiiq wa markaan sabayada sameenaya..if im making samosa I use the ready one..I like things easy! ...even sometimes I buy ready sabayad lool and all I have to do is put it on the pan and flip it...bt it just never comes the same way as the one I make..but I didnt find the same case with the samosa they both taste as great whether u make ur own or make the ready one..

salaam

Som@li   

^Are u sure they taste the same? lol, Maybe I like to complicate things, I even used to make home made pasta, bread :D

Most of the Somali foods are simple to make, these days I like more the Asian food.

Check this one , I am not sure if it is originally Somali, but surely this dish is very complicated,

Aaliyyah   

home made bread gartay, althou I have never tried. my mom does..but home made pasta?? lol are you a chef in a local somali restaurant or you love cooking..I always thought of cooking as a chore it was only recently i started enjoying it and even now i dnt really enjoy enjoy that much lool like I do what I have to..no more and no less :)..

salaam

Aaliyyah   

thanks for the clip. I will check it tomorrow inshallah..habeen wacan

p.s I JUST realized I said "sabayad baan qosha" lol ppl always correct me. sabayad wa la xasha lama qosho..lol imagine I said that to my future mother in law..malinta kowaad eeba i naci laheed haha ..

Som@li   

lol. Sabaayad , Kibis, Kimis, la qooshayo eebe nama tuso.

I am not a cook or own a restaurant, in the future maybe,lol, but enjoy and love cooking.