Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Arsenal for the premiership and possibly Championsip.....

BOB   

Maybe Liverpool should buy a playmaker like Mohammed Abu Treka...What do you think?

Peace, Love & Unity.

Fabregas   

It wouldn't a make a great difference if Benitez continued to use the same style and keep with this ****** rotation system. Liverpool need another proven goalscorer to play alongside Torres. They also need to give Babel a good runout, ie a long run of games. Believe me, he will become a top player.

If u look at Arsenals team every week, it's more or less the same players every week. With liverpool one week it's Crouch, Babel, Voronin,... or sum 1 else playing alongside Torres.

plus, how can u compare crouch to Adebayor? Adebayor was always a very talented player like Kanu was. Crouch is a just an average player who shouldn't be in liverpool shirt ( or at least in the starting line up).

ps. When is Van Persie coming back? He was the man that was supposed to replace Henry.......

yeah and Benitez will probably be sacked soon, maybe when the season finishes. I suspect sum 1 with more of an attacking style will take the position.........

NGONGE   

Don't become like Northerner and focus on one player. Babel is rubbish and shall remain rubbish for good (just like Kewell for North). Rafa is a good manager but he's no good at spotting good players. I would not have even bought Torres if I were Liverpool manager (as good as Torres is). Crouch is as good as Adabayor, saaxib. He's at home in a Liverpool shirt and would be the same in ANY shirt. The team does not play to his strengths and Rafa has a Gerrard fixation.

Heh. Poor Abu Trika should be playing in Europe. Alas it's too late for him. He's 31 years old. :(

^^^Abu Trika is top player, but like you say it is too late for him to make it in the big-time.

Emmanuel Shehi Adebayor...a Togolese with Nigerian parents...What has Wenger done to him that Benitez couldn't do to Crouch? What has Wenger given him that Mourinho couldn't give to Shevchenko?...I tell you what he he's given him...it's called SELF-Belief and Confidence which both Benitez and Mourinho know nothing of.

I tottaly agree, Wenger is the one that brings it out of the players, e.g. clichy, he was picked from a 2nd division french team and now he plays for club & country.

On the other hand, 5 points clear at the top and the train is going strong, but Wenger will tell them to keep focus as there's still a long way to go.

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge, Babel is not an out and out winger. He is a striker saxib. I'm yet to see him go wide and cross the ball let all provide a decent cross. Kewell is losing it.

ps Abu Trika is not a top class european player. He can play in the French league but not in the Prem, Liga or Calcio. The only players who would make it at a decent Prem side are Ahmed Hassan (maybe a Birmingham/Sunderland) and Zaky (maybe a Portsmouth/Blackburn).

Fabregas   

I think the Egyptian win is starting to get to Ngonge's head...he he.... Adebayor is miles ahead of crouch and the latter will never reach his level. But let us not dwell on that...

ps. Babel will probably become one of the best playes in the prem, just give him time........

NGONGE   

North,

Rafa deploys him as a winger, saaxib.

Babel has the speed and skill but not the brains to be a great player. He'll be one of those also rans.

Crouch's goal ratio speaks for itself. Don't fall for the silly jokes about the man, GJ.

N.O.R.F   

^^Too many people throw the word 'world class' around. He has the potential to be one and I hope he does become one.

Ngonge,

BOB   

Northerner...Babel is played out of position by Benitez and he would've scored far more goals than Kuyt only if Benitez let the boy play in the attack instead of the wing.

These days there are not many true wingers who can put in a telling cross...Giggs was never good at crossing and so is Ronaldo...the last genuine crosser of the ball was...dare I say Beckham.

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

Babel is a striker playing as a winger. This is a difficult transition (look at Thierry Henry’s transformation from winger to striker). Benitez plays him on the left usually with freedom to come inside etc. Being a right footer he will inevitably come inside and try to link up with others therefore no crosses will be available for Crouch (he will miss anyway).

Bob good point.

NGONGE   

^^ Gerard did not do badly on the right. Your excuses are no good. Babel had potential but his turnover when compared to the number of times he was played (even as a striker) does not stand up to scrutiny.

Check out the stats, saaxib. Or even better, try to remember one game when he really did the business for Liverpool! War even Pennant did it against Chelsea last season. I am yet to see anything Babel did that convinces me of the guy’s potential.

As for wingers, I think you are both wrong. Lennon is a typical winger and he’s doing the business for Spurs. Bentley is doing it for Blackburn. Duff (back when he could run) was a good crosser of the ball. Ashley Young (even though he’s right footed) has been doing it for Villa. But the real, proper, knock out winger in the league in recent times has been that Dutch sicknote that used to play for Chelsea (what was his name again?).