Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Arsenal for the premiership and possibly Championsip.....

Fabregas   

Í predict, Allah willing, Arsenal will pull of a surprise this year by taking the premiership and possibly the champions league.

me   

In your dreams, Farax FC a.k.a. Arsenal will end up nr. 4 in the premiership and will be be kicked out of the champions league in the last 16. Without Henry Arsenal is nothing and this season will prove that.

N.O.R.F   

Just realised the Prem is starting next week!

Arsenal will do better than last season but still need some muscle in the middle.

Intel   

Liverpool won the CL after Owen left

Milan won the CL after Shevchenko

Man U won the PL after van Nistelrooy left..

i predict a good year for Arsenal

Fabregas   

Originally posted by me:

In your dreams, Farax FC a.k.a. Arsenal will end up nr. 4 in the premiership and will be be kicked out of the champions league in the last 16. Without Henry Arsenal is nothing and this season will prove that.

r

When Anelka left Arsenal was finished!

When overmars and petit left Arsenal was finished!

When Veira left Arsenal was finished!

Know Henry left, Arsenal is supposedly finished?

Let us see come May, Inshallah!When my prediction comes true.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

A lot of people are writing off Arsenal's hopes before the season even kicked off and in my opinion that's the best thing that could've happened to us as the guys can go on about their business quietly while the whole focus is on Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool and I'm sure that's exactly what Arsene Wenger will tell his young Gunners...

One so-called English pundit went as far as saying Westham had better chance of winning the Premier League than Arsenal just because they signed Ljunberg, Reo-cocker and Bellamy and he went on to say that he was not a Spurs fan but Charlton Athletic!

All these sort of comments must sound music to Arsene Wenger's ears I would think...and judging the two games against Italian Champions Inter at Emirates Cup and 3rd placed Lazio at Amsterdam Cup last night...I was impressed and Eduardo Da Silva looked more like a veteran than a new signing...pity they ruled his goal to be an own-goal otherwise it would've been a dream debut for him.

Geeljire, it would be fair to say we missed Vieira as we haven't won anything since he left and I believe any team would've missed a player of his leadership quality and I also believe we will miss Henry as well after all we are talking about a living legend here and we also know Van Persie & Adebayor does not pose the kind of threat he posed to any defense in the premier league or in Europe but still I'm more excited about this season than the last one and I'm more hopeful and optimistic at the same time than I was last season, however, I'm not expecting any more than 4th spot but we must watch out for Spurs as Martin Jol is quietly building an awesome team that could cause a lot of damage and are capable of denting any team's hopes...but keep FINGERS CROSSED...I have a feeling this season will be way better for us than a lot fo people are expecting.

Over all the Premier League offers a lot of promise to many teams this season and I hope to see the sleeping giants of English football offer some serious challenge and I'm referring to the likes of Liverpool, Newcastle...in my opinion these two teams are the most under achieving teams in the history of the Premier league and you can't help but feel saddened when you realize how massive these two teams are and their fan base can easily rival any team in the world.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

I have to give it to gooner fans. They're the only football fans with steadfast blind loyalty no matter what. Too bad though, their only admirable trait is also their handicap... ARSEnal will most likely be relegated and for most of the upcoming season they'll be fighting relegation not vying for Prem. title. Someone needs reality check.

I'm betting on Chelsea sweep - prem, CL, CC and FA cup.

BOB   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

I have to give it to gooner fans. They're the only football fans with steadfast blind loyalty no matter what.

its good to know that you acknowledge people who actually followed and enjoyed watching football long before Abramovich's billions bought the championship for a small team called Chelsea. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

I have to give it to gooner fans. They're the only football fans with steadfast blind loyalty no matter what. Too bad though, their only admirable trait is also their handicap... ARSEnal will most likely be relegated and for most of the upcoming season they'll be fighting relegation not vying for Prem. title. Someone needs reality check.

I'm betting on Chelsea sweep - prem, CL, CC and FA cup.

I seem to remember both Liverpool and Chelsea were outplayed by Arsenal kids last season in the carling cup and Arsenal did the double over Man Utd last season. Arsenal reached the Champions league Final, which Chelsea cant do with all their money. If Chelsea dont win the CL in the next few years, Abrahamovic is going back to Israle or his little Yacht and the whole little Sheeko is capich.

SoMa_InC   

^^^Stop flattering yourself! Arsenal so-called kids never outplayed Chelsea. We all know Essien's goal against the so-called kids was one of the all time best goals and thus, your team were lucky to have got the draw.

Anyways, as much as I despise Arsenal, I hate to say this but let me hit the nail on the head and admit that they might even go and win a cup this season, may be Champions League, may be Premier League, FA Cup or even Carling Cup.

I think Arsenal got rid of a rubbish overrated player with the name Thiery Henry. His attitude was stinking and I always believed that Anelka and Wrighty were way better than him. I am sure many Arsenal fans will disagree with this but let the truth be told!

Arsenal have a great squad with young talented players. They made some new signings this season which I believe will make a massive impact in the league this season. Right now, there defense is better than last season's one and all they need is a good finisher and with Van Persie, as long as he is not injured, he can do the job.

I think they will suprise many people and since there is no pressure on them, they can go to win good things.

This season the pressure is on Manchester United for spending lots of millions on players.

My beloved Chelsea's injury list is long, I hope things goes well.

Peace.

I hope us Arsenal fans don't have to endure another verbal battering this season, I really, really dont want that, I really really really dont want that.

_44194391_arsenalgoalscorers203.jpg

I cant believe no one even dared mention what happened to Slavia Prague. Best win in Arsenal history. Arsenal 7-0 Slavia Prague.

We a wait to see what happens to Liverpool on Sunday.

LIVERPOOL

Club stats

Fixtures

(all statistics are ahead of this weekend's round of Premier League fixtures)

1. Unbeaten in 10 Premier League matches. Won five and drawn five since losing 1-0, away to Fulham on 5 May.

2. Completed 35 league games since a defeat by more than a single goal; that being 3-0, away to Arsenal on 12 November 2006.

3. The current tally of 19 points after nine games is their best return to this stage of a Premier League season since 2002-03, when they had 21 points at this same stage and went on to finish fifth. But a higher finish has been attained in three of the four subsequent seasons, after inferior starts.

4. Conceded the opening goal in only one league game this season (v Everton in the Merseyside derby at Goodison - their most recent league outing).

5. Conceded just five Premier League goals; one every 162 minutes (two hours 42 minutes) on average.

6. Let in just two Premier League goals in the first half. Only Manchester United can match that.

7. The highest placed of the seven clubs with just one home win in this Premier League campaign.

8. This is the second of six matches in 18 days, in a schedule that includes league fixtures away to Blackburn and home to Fulham.

ARSENAL

Club stats

Fixtures

(all statistics are ahead of this weekend's round of Premier League fixtures)

1. Won their last 12 in all competitions, eclipsing the 11-match winning conclusion to the 2001-02 season. But that sequence continued into 2002-03 with victory in the first two matches, making a combined total of 13 successive victories.

2. Won the last seven Premier League matches, failing to drop a point since the 1-1 draw, away to Blackburn on 19 August.

3. It is their longest winning league sequence since nine on the bounce were recorded between 10 January and 20 March 2004. (The club record is 14, registered between February and August 2002).

4. Unbeaten in 16 league outings; won 11 and drawn five since the 0-1 home loss to West Ham on 7 April. It's their longest undefeated league run since the club record sequence of 49 ended this week three years ago (24 October 2004).

5. Won more Premier League matches this season than any other club (eight) and dropped fewer points (two).

6. Boasting the strongest attack in the highest league with 21 goals scored in nine outings, which averages at one every 39 minutes.

7. The only club to have scored in every Premier League game in the division this season.

8. This is the second of a hectic programme of six games in 21 days. The schedule includes a home fixture with Manchester United and a trip to Reading in the league, a Carling Cup tie away to Sheffield United and a visit to Slavia Prague in the Champions League.

QL, reading the previous posts, its all kinda funny now, how Arsenal are supposed to be relegated by now, I wonder where those boys are hiding now?

N.O.R.F   

^^hey I said you would do better but lets all admit that Arsenal have surprised us. Alot of your games have been at home though. You will be playing tougher games soon. Big week for the gunners.