Sign in to follow this  
Urban

New to London

Urban   

Hello Londoners

I've moved to London a couple of months ago, but I haven't had the time to do anything yet. I still can't get my head around how crowded the place is, but it's really growing on me. I'll have free weekends in the new year and other than the typical touristy things like checking out museums/galleries I don't now what to do. I'm mostly interested in 'sunday market' style places, I've been to one called Spitalfields market in East London which was cool, they sell a lot of old/vintage stuff which is exactly what I'm after.

So far I broke up a fight between a rasta and a white guy on a bus, heard the best phone conversations on the buses again, and discovered that the hottest girls are to be found in the underground.

Oh, and I've had KFC for the first time ever. It didn't taste any better than the £1 red-bone chicken.

Urban;766519 wrote:
Hello Londoners

I've moved to London a couple of months ago, but I haven't had the time to do anything yet. I still can't get my head around how crowded the place is, but it's really growing on me. I'll have free weekends in the new year and other than the typical touristy things like checking out museums/galleries I don't now what to do. I'm mostly interested in 'sunday market' style places, I've been to one called Spitalfields market in East London which was cool, they sell a lot of old/vintage stuff which is exactly what I'm after.

So far I broke up a fight between a rasta and a white guy on a bus, heard the best phone conversations on the buses again, and discovered that the hottest girls are to be found in the underground.

Oh, and I've had KFC for the first time ever. It didn't taste any better than the £1 red-bone chicken.

Cool.

N.O.R.F   

Urban, welcome back. So you made it out of Syria.

London is weird and wonderful at the same time. You can walk from affluence to decay by just crossing a road. The morning and evening rush. The weekend events.

Whenever I return nowadays I find myself out of step. Londoners are rushing whilst I'm strolling blocking people from getting to their trains :D

Enjoy your new city (if you have a northern accent get rid of it :D)