Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

RIS Canada 2011 Trailer

^I'm so upset & jealous. I tried to take some time off from work to attend but couldn't. Why do all your east coast peeps get all the good stuff!!!!

Aaliyyah;766763 wrote:
Good to hear ull be there. Maybe you will learn a thing or two..

salaam

inshallah maybe i can present and teach people a thing or two. ive been told im good at dacwa.

aero   

I was trying to decide on whether to attend this or the AlMaghrib IlmFest. Just recently decided to go with IlmFest since it's closer to home and around my budget.

Both events have great line-up of shayukh. Not as awesome as the IlmFest though :D.

Aaliyyah   

Sounds good. Meshii cilmi lo doontaba ma xuma..bt for some reason I stopped going to those classes went few ..and alkawther too. Like they were okey but I dnt know I felt like ppl went there for the sake of going rather than actually learning and personally I didnt see what I was really gaining from them..or maybe its just me!..dnt knw.

salaam

Aaliyyah   

aero just realized ilmfest is not liek the typical courses offered at almaghrib its more ofa conference. Hope you enjoy it :)

RIS was amazing. Great speakers and overall was an amazing experience. Definitely recommend it to everyone..and looking forward to the next year's one :)

salaam

p.s althou khalidbinu walid mosque and abu huraira both held conferences the same time..not sure why? so not that many somalis came.

aero   

SubhAnallah. It was an amazing experience. I enjoyed it very much. I was amazed at how they kept a central theme throughout the day but had different shaykhs present different topics while still keeping in touch with the theme (it was around the first set of ayahs from Surah al M'minuun). Sh. Abdulbary Yahya, Sh. Yasir Qadhi, Sh. Yaser Birjas and Sh. Abdullah Hakim Quick had to have been my favorite for the night.

Aaliyah thanks walaalo. Yeah, it was more of a conference than a 2 week long seminar. Boy did we keep those Christmas Disneyland goers surprised. Forget about eyeing down one Muslim. How about a few hundreds. LOL so many raised eyebrows.

Aaliyyah   

^ur wlc hun..and oh my god abduhakim quick was there now im so jealous..hes my favourite I so wanted him to be at the RIS along with khalid yasin and abu taubah. Anyhow, abduhakim quick He was here at the IMO mosque not too long ago. Amazing speaker. love him for the sake of Allah swt..glad u enjoyed the conference so was it also this past weekend? and where was it?

RIS had amazing speakers as well among them Zaid Shakir, Sulaiman Mulla, Abdullah Idris, tawfique chowdury (there were many more bt these were my fav alhamdulilah)..above all this the prayers were led by shiekh mishary alafasy..subhanalah he recites so beautiful. I was blessed to be there...

Looking forward to next year's RIS

and yeah I went shopping lol althou im not hte kinda person who goes shopping for the sake of it..the stuff there was just too beautiful i was tempted lol..bought all this nice scarfs, pins, jewelery...overall had a blast. Amazing weekend.

salaam

Aaliyyah   

Aaliyah thanks walaalo. Yeah, it was more of a conference than a 2 week long seminar. Boy did we keep those Christmas Disneyland goers surprised. Forget about eyeing down one Muslim. How about a few hundreds. LOL so many raised eyebrows.

hahaha that was funny lol..yeah likewise can u believe it by saturday all the tickets were sold out...so no one was allowed to buy the sunday day pass...on saturday after we went to pray asar we kinda took our time to come back lol and subhanalah we had to sit way back..dirqi baan seat ku helnay and some ppl were saving seats and they were not even allowed to do that..the volunteers were making announcements saying no one is allowed to save seats bt ppl were hard headed lol and i dnt blame them...on sunday I saved seats for my sisters and friends and no one spoke to me..i mean if any of the volunteers told me to move the stuff I put in the 7 chairs lol I would have remove them..but it was that packed alhamdulilah...

salaam

This sounds like Woodstock except people are not in rolling in mud, getting high or getting undressed.

lool@Aaliyah...I heard Islamic courses are great hookup places.

Aaliyyah   

courses are hookup places? lol ya waxa kugu shekeeyey..the courses I took guys sat the front n girls at the back..and if a girl asks question a guy wasnt even allowed to look back in order to c whose asking the question lol..so much luck for anyone who goes to those classes thinkin they will find one lol...bt RIS conferece actually had a session well i didnt see it but I was told on saturday at duhur time if someone pays 20 dollars theres a session for those who are interested to get married and they like match u with a guy and u get to talk to him for an hour loool ma arag meshay ku qabanayeen but that was what I was told....can u imagine that?? ..so yeah maybe ina jaad tried that..lmao. asaga bal aan ka war sugno

salaam