Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

I am not a Secessionist, so don't call me one

Carafaat   

Some members of this forum have get used to name calling others as 'secessionist'* because they are from Somaliland and they support the self-determination of peoples.

Somalilanders withdrew from the union or reclaimed their independance back in 1991. Some would say they have secesseded back in may 1991 and withdrew from the political union. They have created their own political entity, Somaliland.

So my point is. I am not a secessionist and do not wish not be called one.I was barely a child back then and was not aware of the political developments, nontheless I support the self-determination of Somaliland. Does this make me a secessionist? No, because even in the logic of the biggest of opponent of secession, it took place back in 1991. And since then Somaliland runs its own affairs whether you like or not, whether you support it or not, whether internationally recongnized as an full fledged member country of the UN/AU or not.

So, how logic is it to call one another 'secessionist' in the current time, if one admits the "secessionist" act already took place back in 1991, more then 20 years ago!!

Its like calling someone in the current time a Siyadist for supporting the regime back in the '80's, or calling someone anti-democrat, or treasonist for supporting the coup d'état back in 1969, or calling someone F***** for supporting the civilian massacres and other hidious acts of the '80's or mass-murderer for supporting Abdullahi Yusuf and the Xabashi mass slaugher in Muqdishu back in 2007.

So, I say lets not call eachother names anymore based on historical events that we have supported. Because there is nothing we can do about it anymore and lets focus on the future. For it is a waste of time and only emphazis old grudges one still has. :D

* Secession (derived from the Latin term secessio) is the act of withdrawing from an organization, union, or especially a political entity. Threats of secession also can be a strategy for achieving more limited goals.

I agree Carafaat does not deserved to be called a secessionist he was a child when the declaration of independence happened in 1991 even though he supports the dissolution of the former Somali Union.

Somalia   

Xaaji Xunjuf;766428 wrote:
I agree Carafaat does not deserved to be called a secessionist he was a child when the declaration of independence happened in 1991 even though he supports the dissolution of the former Somali Union.

lol

Carafaat   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;766426 wrote:
You can either be a
goosashadoon
one or
goosashadiid
one. Wax u dhaxeeyo ma jirto, and your long, poor attempt to obfuscate isn't working, either.

MMA, the union of Somaliland and Somalia was dissolved at the grand Conference of Northern Clans that took place in Burco May 1991. Maybe that some elders back then in 1991 opposed the dissolvent of the Union. But nonetheless decision was taken back in 1991, who I am to oppose a decision that was taken 20 years ago by the elders and the people on the ground.

I support the self-determination of peoples. Weather people create new authonomous provincial goverment like the case of Puntland, Galmudug, or cut up a Province in to smaller parts like Ximan iyo Xeeb. Or they construct a TNG back in 2000 in Arta, Federal Goverment for Somalia that is working on the ground like the TFG now. Anigu waan tageraaa, wixii dantooda qabsaniya oo tooda ka tashanada, oo nabad raaciya. Governance waa Xal maha diin

Carafaat   

secession took place back in 1991.So, how logic is it to call one another 'secessionist' in the current time, if one admits the "secessionist" act already took place back in 1991, more then 20 years ago!!

So, I say lets not call each other names anymore based on historical events that we have supported. Because there is nothing we can do about it anymore and lets focus on the future. For it is a waste of time and only emphazis old grudges one still has.

This is my point. And Che has no rebuttal.

Carafaat   

Che -Guevara;766454 wrote:
You are still secessionist nonetheless:-)

No, I am not so dont call me one. "Secessionism" like you call it took place 21 years ago, I was a child back then living in foreign land.

If it took place today and I supported it, then you could call me one.

Som@li   

it is like a white supremacy kid, who fully supports the racism,lives, and eats and drinks white supremecy ideology, and then says i am not a racist, it was my forfathers who started it and I don't have a choice, as I was born to it.

Carafat, You always have a choice. Don't support this racist clannish agenda!