Sign in to follow this  
Conscious Manipulation

Avoiding Extremes

Avoiding Extremes

The inner reality of veneration for the Divine Law is to follow it with neither excessive license nor obsessive strictness. The goal is the straight path that leads the one who travels it to God. But there is not one of God's commandments without two ways of approach to the Devil: one by deficiency, the other by excess. And it makes no difference which of the two errors overtakes the servant: they appear in his heart as equals. If he is already inclined towards ease and license, the Devil seizes him in this way. He slows him and sits him down, afflicts him with laziness, sloth and inactivity. Then he opens for him the door of interpretation, [vain] hope and other [illusions], until perhaps he abandons entirely all the commandments.

If the Devil finds in him vigilance, activity and energy, he abandons his attempts to seize him from the one direction and instead spurs him on to ever greater efforts. The Devil urges this person to do so much that he passes up the straight path through excess; while he urges the first to do so little that he never reaches the straight path nor even approaches it. But his aim with both is [the same]: to keep them off the straight path, either by not drawing near to it or by passing it up. [surely], many are so afflicted and there is no deliverance [for them] save through deeper knowledge, faith and the strength to resist them and to keep to the middle way. And God is the Helper.

Source:

"The Invocation of God" - by Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya, pp. 15-16

Nur   

Conscious Manipulation

A great article from a great scholar, jazaka/jazake Allaahu khairan fro sharing. The middle course needs advocates as most people fall in the extremes, those who worship Allah on the margins, Tafriid or ifraad.

By the way, your tagline poem, from the best of my recollection goes like this:

" Uxibbus Saalixiina wa lastu minhumu

lacallii an anaala bihumu ashafaacatii,

Wa akrahu man kaanat tijaaratuhul macaasii, wa low kunnaa sawaa-an fil bidaacati"

Translation.

I love the pious although I do not count myself as one of them, so, my (love for them ) may earn me Shafaaca (their intecession in aakhira)"

And I hate those who made sins their core business, although I trade in the same line of commodity"

Nur

Haashim   

Jazaakumulaahu khayran both C.M & Nur.

Ibnul Qayim Al-Jawzi was a one of the Treasures of Islam, he and his Teacher Ibnu Taymiyah may Allah bless them with all our other IMAAMS AAMMIIN.

" Uxibbus Saalixiina wa lastu minhumu

lacallii an anaala minhumu shafaacata"

Wa akrahu man kaanat tijaaratuhul macaasii, wa low kunnaa sawaa-an fil bidaacati"

That's me

Xafsa   

But there is not one of God's commandments without two ways of approach to the Devil: one by deficiency, the other by excess.

that is something that is really not talked about much. All the emphasis os placed on on people who do so little. Forgetting : "Inna kheyral umuuri awsadhuhaa."

Conscious Manipulation thanks walaal.

I love the pious although I do not count myself as one of them, so, my (love for them ) may earn me Shafaaca
(their intecession in aakhira)
"

Bro. Nur plz elaborate on this part of the poem?

Yacnii my understanding is that none can intercede (regardless whether there are salixiin or not) with Allaah accept the Prophet (SAW) in the aakhirah.

And the evidence for this comprehension is the long hadiith of intercession whereby in aakhirah people go to plea for intercessions from the main anbiyaa starting with Adam to Noah to Ibrahim to Musa to Jesus (AS) till they come to Muhammad (SAW) who then intercedes.

Narrated by Anas (RAA)

In Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.6, Hadith No 3.

Haashim   

originally wrote by Mujahid

"Yacnii my understanding is that none can intercede (regardless whether there are salixiin or not) with Allaah accept the Prophet (SAW) in the aakhirah.

And the evidence for this comprehension is the long hadiith of intercession whereby in aakhirah people go to plea for intercessions from the main anbiyaa starting with Adam to Noah to Ibrahim to Musa to Jesus (AS) till they come to Muhammad (SAW) who then intercedes."

Bro. Mujaahid The Shafacah you're talking here is the Shafacah for all mankind when all the prophets (S.A.W.) couldn't face ALLAH in the YOWMUL QIYAAMAH and our prophet (S.A.W) will say "ANAA LAHAA" IT'S MINE.

Beside the our prophets Shafaacah for all mankind and the shafaacah for his UMMAH There are other SHAFAACAH between UMMATUL MUXAMMAD i.e between muslims. The Shahiid for instance, will intercede 70 (i guess) of his relatives, and other Salihiin as well after the permission of ALLAH.

Nur   

Brother Mujahid

Assalamu Calaykum wa raxmatullaah wa barakaatuh.

You write:

Originally posted by muraad:

[qb] originally wrote by Mujahid

"Yacnii my understanding is that none can intercede (regardless whether there are salixiin or not) with Allaah accept the Prophet (SAW) in the aakhirah. "

Answer

Bismillah wa Allahul Mustacaan

Walaal, Shafaaca in Arabic has the following meaning:

A petition to forfeit the sin of a sinner.

Let us look in the Holy Quraan.

Al Baqra 255 : " man dhal ladhii yashfacu cindahu illa bi idhnih"

Who is there to petition on someone elses behalf without his pernmission.

Al Acraaf 53: " Fa hal lanaa min shufacaa fa yashfacuu lanaa"

Are there petitioners, so they can petitition on our behalf"

Al Shucaraa 100: " Fa maa lanaa min shaaficiin wa laa saadiiqin xamiim"

We do not have any petitioners on our behalf, nor a close friend"

From the above we deduse that the concept of petitioning for others in the day of judgement is a fact, as well as the concept of others being advocates against you, specially your body parts who will utter in stark details of your deeds.

The shafaaca does come from many sources:

1. Anbiyaa

2. Shuhadaa ( Martyrs)

3. Saalixiin ( not while we live, and while they are in their graves, but in the day of judgement if we cooperated in doing kheyr and xaqq on earth)

4. Quraan. The Holy Quraan will make shafaaca for those who lived with Quraan, recited, stuided, tought etc. according to the famous ducaa " Wa ajcali Quaraana rabica quluubinaa wa dhihaabi axzaaninaa, wa ajcalhu SHAFIICAN lanaa..."

The Wrong Shafaaca

The Kufaar belief that their gods, or their pious ones will petition for them in the day of judegement, so Allah throughout the quraan adds a condition that no shafaaca is accepted without Allahs permission which is tied to following the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad SAWS.

Walllaahu Aclam

Nur

salaam...

I love the pious although I do not count myself as one of them, so, my (love for them ) may earn me Shafaaca (their intecession in aakhira)"

And I hate those who made sins their core business, although I trade in the same line of commodity"

That's beautiful smile.gif I especially love the last part. Jzk for sharing