Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Puntland Budget 2012. $38.5 Million

Dr_Osman   

cali.bmp

GAROOWE : PL oo Miisaaniyadda sanadka 2012 qorshaysay 38.5 Milyan oo dollar

December 18, 2011 11:21 am GMT - Written by Editor - Edited by Editor

Garoowe:-Wasaaradda Maaliyadda Puntland ayaa maanta waxay horkeentay Baarlamaanka Miisaaniyada ay u qorshaysay in la isticmaalo 2012, Baarlamaanka ayaana isla maantaba ansixiyay, waxaana sanadka 2012 la qorsheeyay in ay noqoto 38.5 Milyan oo doolar.

Wasiirka Maaliyadda Puntlnad Cali Faarax ayaa waxa uu sheegay in sanad kasta ay Miisaaniyadu kororto, wuxuna sheegay in sanad kasta ay ku dareen 200, oo macalin 3-dii sano ee u dambeeyay kuwaas oo sanadkan ay u kordhiyeen msuhaarkooda 20%.

Wasiirku, wuxuu sheegay in Miisaaniyadda 60% ay ku baxdo Mushaar iyo Gunnooyin, wuxuuna ka hadlay dad uu ku sheegay in ay ku doodaan in aan mushaar la bixin taas oo ku sheegay in ay tahay wax laga yax-yaxo.

Miisaaniyadan maanta la ansixiyay ayaa waxay dhaqan galaysaa Janayo 2012, waxaana la filayaa in sida loo qorsheeyay ay ku baxdo.

Puntlandpost.com

Dr_Osman   

I hope puntland sticks to the low-tariff high investment free market policy. Hadee meeshu inay dhisanto weeye, we need to bring as many investors as possible and low taxes is the only the way if you change this sure the budget will increase ten-fold but shacabku horumar ma heelayan ogow!!!

I believe illa ay puntland ka dhismayso in lagu waddo jidkan ka bacdi loo badelo high tariff low investment market so we can provide better public services to our people such as hospitals, schools, infrastructure and so forth!!! Wasaraado aan waxba gaban except four that i can think of we shouldnt bankroll them and their staff while our market dies and our population goes hungry!!!

^Adeer iska daa waryaa and stop the lies. He is the only effective, capable and hardworking finance minister of Puntland state since its inception.

Faroole and Gagaab were much worse and broad daylight thieves. :D

Somalia   

Qandalawi;765811 wrote:
^Adeer iska daa waryaa and stop the lies. He is the only effective, capable and hardworking finance minister of Puntland state since its inception.

Faroole and Gagaab were much worse and broad daylight thieves.
:D

I agree, Gagaab didn't care at all.

Dr_Osman   

Carafaat, Somaliland and Puntland have very different fiscal policy. Somaliland is high-tax orientated especially in the import/export on livestock and traders of normal goods while Puntland is not. I think I was reading per goat somaliland marks up $7-9 dollar where-as Puntland marks up $3-4 dollars.

Another huge difference to take into account is somaliland shilling reserve is the american dollar but it's market is mainly somalia. The mark up prices on goods are 5 times higher then other areas of Somalia. Thats why you see so many people saying they cannot afford anything because it doesnt reflect the local market conditions!!! Thats why burco is doing better in that sense!!!

Somaliland 2010 budget was $40 million dollars as published by international donors and signed off by the somaliland govt

Somaliland’s annual government budget is currently between 40 and 48 Million. Approximately 5 % goes to education, 3 % to health and 30 % to defence. Most of the revenue is created by the port of Berbera.

I dont know where you pull out that it was $40 million 2006. Were talking last year!!!

Dr_Osman   

I persoanlly want to see a smaller budget in puntland because I know how corrupt officials are. Less taxes means more business and more business means more development because lets be honest when was the last time a wasarad built anything for anyone in Puntland? most of puntland projects are carried out by the community and business people and to smaller extent ngos.

So it's pointless really having big budget when none of it seen at the ground level by the ministry conducting prrojects. So we should just pay taxes to keep the region secure for trade and investment because thats what built puntland lets not go of-course into a cycle of big budget nothing done at ground level ministries paying to keeps bums on seats when that money could be used digging wells!!!

Dr_Osman   

I know about somaliland and most of the stuff they try to pull on other doesnt simply work with me. I mean look at this garbage

Less well known is the part played by the Somaliland coast guard, working on its annual government-paid budget of $200,000.

The 600-strong coast guard in Somaliland, a breakaway republic in northern Somalia

Each man is supposed to be paid $120 a month since the government doubled their wages in December, although the men in Bula Har say they only receive $50

Last year, the British government donated 14 pickup trucks, some spare parts and some radios, but little other assistance has been forthcoming.
The radios sit in their boxes in Berbera, Somaliland's largest coast town. No one knows how to use them. But radios aren't the most urgent need

"We go on patrol every day if the wind is not too strong. We only have one engine and it is not very reliable," said Capt. Mubarak Mohamed

Somaliland Navy. Operational

6413607225_f58570fb1f.jpg

Were supposed to buy that nonsense? 200k budget for 600 man force at $50 a month is 350k not 200k. How can you have 600 forces on one boat and 14 pick up trucks? Puntland with 5-6 large naval vessels and hundreds of speedboats and 120 technicals bulletproof with four f350s, 6 helicopters, a naval command centre and the latest technology and gadgets for troopers doesnt claim more then 1050.

You see what I mean these guys are just live to lie because reality is to grim to accept

Oh by the way we know how to use a radio

6515623487_ae0d963ce5.jpg

Yet they say they can operate a tank goodness gracious

Carafaat   

Dr_Osman;765826 wrote:
Carafaat, Somaliland and Puntland have very different fiscal policy. Somaliland is high-tax orientated especially in the import/export on livestock and traders of normal goods while Puntland is not. I think I was reading per goat somaliland marks up $7-9 dollar where-as Puntland marks up $3-4 dollars.

Another huge difference to take into account is somaliland shilling reserve is the american dollar but it's market is mainly somalia. The mark up prices on goods are 5 times higher then other areas of Somalia. Thats why you see so many people saying they cannot afford anything because it doesnt reflect the local market conditions!!! Thats why burco is doing better in that sense!!!

Somaliland 2010 budget was $40 million dollars as published by international donors and signed off by the somaliland govt

I dont know where you pull out that it was $40 million 2006. Were talking last year!!!

Dr.Osman, if the budget income of Somaliland is comparable with that of Puntland. Why dont you see this back in the level op investment of expenditure in public services in Puntland?

Som@li   

^Good question, :D

It is just a number, pirates alone could contribute more than that,How much money is spent on Presidential expenses? Ministers, what are the size of public sector workers? average income?

Dr_Osman   

Carafat what I do know is somaliland government have never built anything not that I an recall anyways, it's always NGO or private investment and that is very far and between. Takin into consideration the failure rates of project, corruption and the amount of time lapses between private investment from their diaspora their lucky if they get through 5-10 projects a year.

Besides all somalis know Bosaso is the financial capital, It has better living standard then anywhere in Somalia.