Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

B.O and Xigaab

Hibo   

Hi everyone,

I want to start of by saying, I am not here to offend anyone, but I am trying to say what others are only thinking (including me until recently).

We somalis are very sensitive about certain issue, but I hope that everyone will understand without jumping down my throat, here goes:

I have recently took the bus with couple of somali sister, hey had xigaabs on (the ninja type), the minute they walked into the bus, the whole bus was like wow, including me, I am not lying to you (just imagine the combination of Body Odor, Uunsi, and some unidentified smell).

All I am saying is, I only see this in somali women (maybe I am wrong) but most of my friends said the samething. Some somali women wear the xigaab cause they cant be bother to do their hair, and I know others wear for the correct reason.

So my sister, whatever your reason, you have to make the effort to take care of yourself, just because they dont see what you are wearing does not mean, they dont smell the unpleasant odor.

Good hygiene is always a plus.

I again apologize if I offended anyone.

Taqwa   

Who ever discourages the wearing of Niqaab or makes fun of someone who wears it should fear ALLAH and take their SHAHADAH over. What is next; Insulting people who fast in the month of Ramadan for having a bad breath. I never thought I would hear this from a Somali sister, but then again this is their character ever since they jumped of from flight 13.

It is enough that these sisters have to deal with ignorant kufaars who call them fanatics, and alien to the western custom. But for a Muslim women to join hands with the infidels against her own sister is pathetic. CONCERNED SISTER, I know you don't have the heart to tell these believing women because you are happy copying the kufaars but at least have the morals of using sound judgment before you post anything.

NOMADS,

Listen to me carefully because what I have to tell you might shock you. A muslim women who doesn't wear the HIJAB is classified in the category of being a munafiiq. If she calls herself a Muslim, and yet denies the orders of Allah to wear a hijab, what has she achieved not to be called a hypocrite. Plus, in the day of judgement a Munafiiq or a hypocrite is lower then a kufaar. He will be in the bottom of Hell, as Allah swt said. I think I will join that "AntiSomali Women Societ" hosted by brother Romantic after all what is left to say from these sisters. Pathetic, pathetic and pathetic.

My somali brothers, your better off marrying those adoons who are muslims then somali women, right now. HOw dare they Laugh?

Kool_Kat   

Taqwa, war waa lagu qoslaa ma ehee waa lagu qoslaa... What Conserned Sista is trying to say is that they should clean themselves... Now tell me what's so Kufaar about saying that? And I need a prove... I am sure there's no where in the Qur'an that says you can't clean yourself if you wear the Hijaab...

Conserned sista, I've seen some that have strong odors, I don't think they ever heard of deodarnts or things along the lines of that... But then who are we to judge... That's their business...

PS, just neefta lee isku celi intaaq buska kadageey sid...lol :D

I gotta admit that was funny.

Yet, I don't appreciate somalis calling muslim sisters who happen to wear the hijaab a certain way a "ninja". I think its rude and disrespectful.

Concerned sista: I don't believe that most Somali sisters wear hijaab because they can't take care of themselves. That a stereotype. I've ran into ladies who don't wear hijaab smelling funky, unsi and catar radiating from a mile away.

Taqwa: Wow, yet again your wordings are harsh towards your sisters. To my understanding there's a difference btwn a non-practicing muslim and a hypocrite. A sister who knows the order of Allah and doesn't follow it for reasons known to her is not our business to judge but Allah. But a munafiiq is a person who knows and preaches it to others what's right n' what's wrong yet don't follow what they preach. You get me? I could be wrong. Yet you have no right condemning all the non-hijaabi sisters hypocrites. I have a question: when you said " My somali brothers, your better off marrying those adoons who are muslims " exactly what did u mean by that comment? I believe that's a racist comment, especially toward a specific group of people who happened to be muslims!! where is your sense of Ummah? Please check yourself.

Ma'asalaama

Salaan...

Concerned-Sister:

LoL. Shiirtooy dheh. Yac. Uunsi iyo maxee isku dartey horta? Maan. Uunsi, huruud, cadar iyo huruudkoo kale oo cilaan eh ay isku soo bil bishaa filaa. ;)

Taqwa:

Maan, waraa adi you are so ninjo nooh, xataa gooskaa la arko goormaa noogu danbeesay oo qososhid. Kamoon, duqa. Mar mar kud-kud-dhaq-dhaq caafimaad waaye nooh. Xataa xadiis waa kusoo qaban karaa inii qosolka caafimaad lee yahey. ;) Kidding brother. Yeah, they should leave the full-equiped with xijaab {or is it niqaab?} sister alone. A one like this:

niqaab.jpg

Ninja dheh bo. :D

Macsalaama!!

Once again...He Who Cannot Be Mentioned jumps to conclusions....I guess we'll just leave him....since thats the ONLY exercise he does :rolleyes:

Concerned Sista....I gotta agree.... B.O is a total TURN-OFF....and ALOT of the sistas with Xijaab dont comb their hair! Ask me! I know everything!....BUT.. ;) ..The Indians stink more..I went to a school where half the students were Indians...and they would apply coconut oil in their hair....gosh! THEY STINK!

----------------

This user shouldn't be blamed for any of her remarks since she lives in a place where the temperature is 48 degree cel!

Hibo   

I said it before and I'll say it again, this posting was by no mean an insult to muslim sistas or somali sistas for that matter.

I was not being disrespectful when I used the word "ninja", because there are different types of xigaabs, and that is the closes example I could think of...if there is another name for it, share it with me so I dont make the same mistake again..otherwise...chill.

Taqwa,

I dont know what to say to you, because other have already seen your error. stop being rebel without a cause

the rest of you thanks

Buubto   

lo@concerned sister dhiq dhiq dhiq kix kix kix :D:D let me catch my breath first oh god that was funny. First of all the covered sisters don't wear the hijab cuz they r lazy to clean themselves that just propaganda. Secondly don't generalize all the sisters just say some. Thirdly those sisters don't wear perfume or catar cuz is sin if a non muhrim guy smells it. for that reason in hot day I think it makes hard for them to eliminate all the unpleasant odors especially if they had long day at work. Fourthly some of those sisters use baqaaq I don't know if u know what I mean which is not attractive smell, they use it for their close & body to eliminate the bad odor. Maybe I think u smelled baqaaq + dhidid which smelled.....Allahu yaclam. Next time u see them in that condition ask them & tell them as well cuz is ajar for u.

Athena sis don't generalize all the sisters. I aware hijab & thank god my hair is absolutely hygienic & so as many sisters I know. We do clean our hair & body is part of the suna, so safe the comment. Is just rumors that other uncovered sisters use against us icon_razz.gif .