Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Ban Khat in the UK - sign the epetition

Juxa   

Just realised banning khat will have massive impact on my business.

Cuna cagaarka, Cuna cowska yaaqey

Som@li   

It is like ban the alcohol, Forget about the oldies, the parents should teach their kids to be aware of khat..No banning will stop from the addicts.

N.O.R.F   

Baashi, saxib thats bad news. Illahay ha sahlo your relative.

The ban won't criminalise anyone. People will criminalise themselves. It will become illegal and the Somalis will know that. Also, as it's not banned at the moment in the UK, khat would most probably become a Class C drug which carries a warning and a criminal record in most cases. On top of that waa xaaraan anyway (something Ngonge conveniently side stepped).

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;765770 wrote:
Baashi, saxib thats bad news. Illahay ha sahlo your relative.

The ban won't criminalise anyone. People will criminalise themselves. It will become illegal and the Somalis will know that. Also, as it's not banned at the moment in the UK, khat would most probably become a Class C drug which carries a warning and a criminal record in most cases. On top of that waa xaaraan anyway (something Ngonge conveniently side stepped).

Oo xaaraan hadoo yahay do we need the British government to tell us that? Bal look at your logic ninyaho! :D

I told you why I think it's wrong to call for a ban without looking at all sides and options yaakhi. I personally have no problem with someone going down for 22 years for committing an offence (breaking the law and all that). However, I would not hurry to call for such a law without making sure that it would be beneficial in the long run.

You know I am right so I don't know why are you trying to flog this dead horse, saaxib. Naga daa dee.

N.O.R.F   

Moving the goals posts again? :D

I didn't say the British government is telling us it's xaaraam. We all KNOW it's xaaraam (but culturally accept it). We should be telling ourselves that. Adigu, if the fact that it is xaaraam (for a very obvious reason) isn’t good enough for an outright ban what is? You don’t have a leg to stand. Wax fahan :D

Malika   

^Ah, he could be right on this - "freewill and choice" - cant force folks on what's good or bad on them, but we can certainly educate them on its effect on their mental, physical well being and implications to them as Muslims..

I still believe it should be banned, the scarceness of it might help Somali men and women refocus on their lives - perhaps!.

N.O.R.F   

^No. He is moving the goal posts with every post. What is good, bad and 'its up to you' is already forced on people. Khat should fall under bad.

NGONGE   

^^ The "goalposts" are still where they were when we first started this conversation, it's you who is twisting so much you started to think they are moving. :D

Khat being xaraam has nothing to do with the banning conversation.

N.O.R.F   

So where we? :D

The Netherlands to ban drug khat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16508238

"I'm involved in the ban because it appears to cause serious problems, particularly in the Somali community," Dutch immigration minister Gerd Leers is quoted as saying by Radio Netherlands.

"They are lethargic and refuse to co-operate with the government or take responsibility for themselves or their families," he said.

Carafaat   

I hate all this publicity about Khat. Even my collegues now know all the issue's surrounding Khat and Somali's. I feel embarrassed.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;773011 wrote:
So where we?
:D

The Netherlands to ban drug khat

This quote makes you smile? :D

The article also informs us that Khat is banned in 15 of the European Union's 27 countries (meaning it's legal in 12). Therefore, the smuggling is not likely to stop.

Worse still, the language used in the article and the quote from the immigration minister shows that this was not done on grounds of health or even proper research (lethargic? Make noise?).

EVEN WORSE, the report says that Holland has 27,000 Somalis! How many of those are men and how many of the men chew? Does such a small number really require a government to institute a ban?

Still, Norf and his OMG crew are right. Allahu al mostcaan. :D