Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Mohamud Nor District 59, State Senate race: lets make HISTORY- December 6th 2011

Hawdgirl   

I am a big fan of sol, however I rarely come in to comment, so I couldnt help but wonder the hatred that Somalis have for one another, Oh! My Almighty Allah, war walaalayaaloow be happy for the brother and his family and stop the hateful comments based on****** you know what!

Somalis are different creatures than the rest of the human beings, especifically with Immigrant communities here in MN when one of them is running for an office, they all support for that one person thinking that they have their best interest in mind since they have so many things in common, yet with us, it is all about HATE! HATE! HATE!, I WONDER WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOMALIS, why cant we show support, love, union to one another. It is really a shame, SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

Anywho I wish the best and I am definately going to vote for brother Mohamud Noor, shame to those who made such not so good comments may Allah erase all the hate we have for one another Ameen!

For God's sake he's running for a senate seat and not on your local masjid board. Seriously though, if you live in the west, these sensitive and sometimes controversial issues will always be around you. Whether at work or school or where you live, so the brother needs your support and the support of those other minorities.

Your vote for Nur will not make you queer!

If people like Che voted for Barney Frank, why can't vote for Nur? :) Just teasing Che.

Gheelle.T;763530 wrote:

If people like Che voted for Barney Frank, why can't vote for Nur?
:)
Just teasing Che.

loooooooool....I meet Barney on school trip to DC in 08 at the height of Clinton vs Oboma and the financial crisis. He was the Chairman of Financial Services Committee then. We met in conference room near his office. He came in and didn't say hello...just started about financial crisis. Interesting fella. He's retiring in 2012.

p.s. Some republican made fun of his style. He threatened to out every republican that swing for the other team..needless to say they never threaten him again.

My Congressman is Capuano.:-)

RaMpAgE;763362 wrote:
He must be your uncle, right?

Yes,they are related. But, I am not related to him and i support him.....So what is your point?

This,has far far far reaching implications for all of SOMALIS in north America. If M.Noor wins, it will mean that Somalis and East Africans in general are a formidable electorate that will have a major say in policy making....We will for the first time have an insider inside of the insiders.

People, We have a host of issues as Somali-Americans(especially in Minnesota) that most cadaan folks dont really understand. People wrongly accused of being argagaxiso, xawalas being closed, police brutality and a host of other issues. If Noor is elected and inshallah he will, we will have a voice to address these and other issues.

Good luck!

STOIC   

Nothing will help the brother more in his quest for state representative than the support he gets from his OWN people.If we ever expect the desirability of political equality in this country our votes must be counted ( and if we ever want one of ours to be pampered to the highest order of poltical wheelers and dealers of this country he must be supported both financially and balot box.) .This vision will only appeal to you if you place high value in the participation of western democracy (which is NOT perfect)..Nothing I'm saying is meant to imply that our brother should support gay marriages, but he can be sneaky and abstain from votes that require his presence after all it is politics, which i believe the brother understands the far between the politics of elections.This is NOT the time to impugn the brothers religious belief after all i beleive he knows very well what he is getting himself.Our support should not come warped with controversy and derogatory snipping. The average American can not even name his Senator let alone a lowly state Senate. What I'm saying is that this is NOT that big of a deal, but a step in the right directions. I don't know about anyone, but I don't see myself moving anywhere till death comes knocking and I think it is about time we participate in order to achieve certain common goals like raising a good family and living in a free society.When the list of alternatives gets wider that is when we can choose between the represenative.Lets support the brothers right to participate in political organozation of his choosing and wish him the best.....Goodluck!

Abdul   

Faarax-Brawn;763559 wrote:
Yes,they are related. But, I am not related to him and i support him.....So what is your point?

This,has far far far reaching implications for all of SOMALIS in north America. If M.Noor wins, it will mean that Somalis and East Africans in general are a formidable electorate that will have a major say in policy making....We will for the first time have an insider inside of the insiders.

People, We have a host of issues as Somali-Americans(especially in Minnesota) that most cadaan folks dont really understand. People wrongly accused of being argagaxiso, xawalas being closed, police brutality and a host of other issues. If Noor is elected and inshallah he will, we will have a voice to address these and other issues.

Good luck!

Good point.If the guy is elected,im pretty sure some people who are now against him for whatever reason will be flocking to his office for help.

raula   

Faarax-Brawn;763559 wrote:

Good luck!

I don’t think one man will change what’s going on w/the Somali community- (hence disagree w/your inference to consequences extending to the general Somali populous); with our fragmented, schizophrenic-like affections for our own self-qabiil or personal interests to vote for whoever will make me prominent like the platform w/Norm Coleman, Wellstone, R.T Ryback, Keith Ellison, et cetera. What have we accomplished as community? Our xawalas are closing; we have some imprudent characters representing/ lecturing law enforcement officers and Homeland Security about matters and history of Somalia, congressional hearings, representatives of the good-will of Somalis. We are regarded as the con-men of the century in respect to “milking the system” and some major fraudulent activities (tax, daycare, home care/PCA/immigration et cetera)-although there are plenty who are committing far intense white color crimes, I am not sure many have the Qabiil-tick syndrome co- morbid when an affluent criminal surfaces compared to a Somali one.

We can hardly come together to send assistance to the humanitarian crisis unfolding? Or speak up about foreign invasions or argue for territorial integrity- These have far far far reaching implications to the generations of Somalis both here & back home – (I might be exaggerating but perhaps could contribute to the founders’ effect in our population).

I don’t leave in the district, but if my principles/values, or his for that matter, resonated w/me, then sure. However, as American, we have the right to exercise our power to vote for whoever fit’s our ideology. So, stop smothering others for their right to free speech. Personally, I will not vote for him.

General D-he is not a refugee-& maybe you should take it easy with the paint brush…we get it already.

As for those who want to judge- I am familiar with the family-but they don’t represent my values.

****I remember back in early college days, there was a colleague who was campaigning fervently for Senator Edwards …then eventually Obama. Well, disappointing to say the least to see how Pres. OBAMA’s war on terror has bloated.

Som@li   

Guys, check the man's policies and what he stands for, and if he gonna help your area as politician, Never vote for him just merely because he has Somali background!

A_Khadar   

Yeah the district is where many somalis reside but can't be proved if they are majority. Nice try though, this is his second lost, but I will encourage him to never give it up.. Try again.